• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Habeas what, now?

That one thing, that used to exist, before 9/11... I think you can still find it on the wiki. Probably not the real version though.

They are gone now. We can't change that. We can stop it from being abused further though.

Which means its time it gets repealed.

Right to speedy and fair trial any one? HELLOOOOO AMERICA? WHERE IS THE REVOLUTION TO BREAK THIS KID OUT OF JAIL????

If the full evidence ever comes to light, it's a toss up. Maybe he did it, maybe not. But there needs to be an UPROAR about them not presenting any evidence to support their claim!!! If he didn't do it, some would see it as "that time". Not until then I'm sure.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Which means its time it gets repealed.

Who would repeal this? The republicans put this in and now the democrats get to take advantage of it. I AM NOT ADVOCATING CIVIL WAR HERE. We have to repeal it. They will not.

This is a political alley oop. They both want this for their own benefit. It serves the government, not the people.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Who would repeal this? The republicans put this in and now the democrats get to take advantage of it. I AM NOT ADVOCATING CIVIL WAR HERE. We have to repeal it. They will not.

This is a political alley oop. They both want this for their own benefit. It serves the government, not the people.

This will be something we address on the 17th...

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    Over turning it isn't enough, every one who voted for, worked on, or signed the PATRIOT act needs to be tried for Grand Treason and if found guilty they should be hanged along the Patomic. The same goes for the AWB and a whole bunch of other laws.

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    We, being people within driving distance of this detention center, should consider a march or protestation of some sort in front of the building. try to gather people from other forums, organizations, newspapers, local TV stations, whatever, anything to bring due process to this case and an investigation into the motives of the state. :twocents:

i don't know what the kid did. I do know he is being held 800 miles from his home without a trial or even charges being filed.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Unfortunately the people in power now are (in almost every case) worse in every regard than their predecessors. And that's saying something.

The big problem with the Patriot Act wasn't how it was intended or used during the time of the previous administration, but rather the potential for abuse that will become fully realized during this administration and those to follow.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    What can we as a community do to put pressure on the government to remove the gag order and restore some civil rights?

Would more news attention be the best thing? Could we pressure the local stations to start covering it?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I email Channel 6 and 13 urging a story. I did get a response back from 6 asking where and why was he being held. Hopefully something will come of it. More people emailing the TV stations can only help draw attention to this.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Whats on the 17th?

I don't know either...

Maybe we should buy some more ammo & MREs just in case though :laugh:

I'd like to know too.

Alright, here's the dealeeo. The 17th obamatard is going to Notre Dame and then here to Indy. We at Indy Defenders of Liberty will be having a small march/protest at the same time. It was originally slated for the 15th, but found out it would be here in town so we moved it to the 17th. We have 17 confirmed people going to come that Sunday to march through Indy that day. We need more people who would like to attend.

Will you join me and stand up for these freedoms you all talk so highly about losing?

:patriot:

:EDIT: Sorry it so long to respond. We (IDL, RIchard and Laura and a whole gang of people) had a meeting last night about all this. Between this and the wedding I've barely had enough time to scratch my butt and say UGH let alone keep up with everything! :p

ntrngr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Sheepdog HQ
    Unfortunately the people in power now are (in almost every case) worse in every regard than their predecessors. And that's saying something.

The big problem with the Patriot Act wasn't how it was intended or used during the time of the previous administration, but rather the potential for abuse that will become fully realized during this administration and those to follow.

You see? This guy gets it. In everything, the problem is not the "thing" its the "people that use the thing". Some of you may have heard the phrase "Guns don't kill people. People kill people." Well, the patriot act doesn't abuse people's rights, a tyrannical government does.

But, regardless, have any of you every thought that this kid might actually be GUILTY? I'm just saying, he might be. The problem is, we may never know. Thats the deal with Habeas Corpus... It cuts down on that BS.

Basically, we have a fine government. We just need more honesty, integrity and transparency. All the laws in the world won't help anyone if they aren't followed or people just make stuff up. Vote for honest men and the laws won't matter because they'll always use them for good.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    You see? This guy gets it. In everything, the problem is not the "thing" its the "people that use the thing". Some of you may have heard the phrase "Guns don't kill people. People kill people." Well, the patriot act doesn't abuse people's rights, a tyrannical government does.

But, regardless, have any of you every thought that this kid might actually be GUILTY? I'm just saying, he might be. The problem is, we may never know. Thats the deal with Habeas Corpus... It cuts down on that BS.

Basically, we have a fine government. We just need more honesty, integrity and transparency. All the laws in the world won't help anyone if they aren't followed or people just make stuff up. Vote for honest men and the laws won't matter because they'll always use them for good.

Yes, there is a strong chance that he may be guilty of making these threats. My concern was the seemingly overkill of arresting a 16 year old in North Carolina and incarcerating him in South Bend Indiana until I realized that Notre Dame is in South Bend and Obama is scheduled to speak there. I must wonder if there isn't an Obama connection :rolleyes: to this story.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom