• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • winchester

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    There's a difference between standing for a belief and then holding the entire government hostage when the majority of people think you're wrong. There comes a time and a place to realize that you've lost...Teddy's time came at attempt number 30 to repeal Obamacare. Seriously anything after attempt number 30 means you're delusional in thinking you can win. It's just a waste of taxpayer time and money and that's all this shutdown was. Obamacare isn't going to be delayed, stopped, or neutered. At best you might get something for the debt ceiling, but I doubt it.

He's just hurting people who can't work...people who WANT to work. Who will make their rent/house payments, car payments, pay their grocery bills, credit card bills, etc? What about those who are currently working and not getting paid? They don't even get the "benefit" of sitting at home worrying about how to make ends meet. What about the taxpayers who have to foot this $300 million/day bill to shutdown the government?

Again, I understand about standing up for a belief -- I do it here all of the time. But I'm not causing people to lose jobs and costing millions in taxpayer money. At what point does it go from standing up for belief to refusing to realize that you've lost?

so what dept. of the gov. do you work for?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I'm sorry, didn't you just say I shouldn't be allowed to have an AR-15? Last I checked I met all of the legal requirements to have one, so if you're such a Constitutionalism, why are you telling me I can't own one? Does my freedom of speech bother you so?

Didn't you just lecture someone about "your" v. "you're"? Stating that you don't argue with buffoons who make such errors?

It does. You could also just not reply...just as I didn't reply to giovani...I tend not to put much stock in what people who can't use the proper form of your/you're say, particularly when they're trying to insult me.

:laugh:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    You guys realize this is the internet, right? Sorry to burst your bubbles, nobody is going to change their mind no matter how much you insult or antagonize them.

The Stig

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Eastern Greene
    If you're hurt by my comments you need thicker skin, I guess. It's okay...I won't hurt your delicate sensibilities any further. I wouldn't want to bruise your ego.

No, sir.

Just meant your personality and state of mind... not the results of your actions.

Again, you assume.

We can do this all day, all night... hide behind computers and play games.

Make silly wagers... assume people are this or that.

Whatever you like.

This thread has pretty much disintegrated into nothing since the first post.

My homework is done for the evening. Laundry is on spin cycle. Will have to get up momentarily and shift the wet clothes over to the dryer. Might give the dog a treat. Maybe check on the wife - I think she is watching HGTV or something equally exciting.

But I can come back if you want to play so more. Other than that nothing else for me to do.

Last edited:

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Didn't you just lecture someone about "your" v. "you're"? Stating that you don't argue with buffoons who make such errors?

:laugh:

I'm embarrassed to say that it took me longer to read what you were pointing to than it should have. I shall leave it for I deserve the public shaming.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I'm sorry, didn't you just say I shouldn't be allowed to have an AR-15? Last I checked I met all of the legal requirements to have one, so if you're such a Constitutionalism, why are you telling me I can't own one? Does my freedom of speech bother you so?

I absolutely did not. I said you should not get one. You never asked why.

Last edited:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I like Cruz a lot. The media will be the media. And as far as Ted Cruz's home town is concerned, I heard the folks in Calgary are darn proud of him.

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    No, sir.

Just meant your personality and state of mind... not the results of your actions.

Again, you assume.

We can do this all day, all night... hide behind computers and play games.

Make silly wagers... assume people are this or that.

Whatever you like.

This thread has pretty much disintegrated into nothing since the first post.

My homework is done for the evening. Laundry is on spin cycle. Will have to get up momentarily and shift the wet clothes over to the dryer. Might give the dog a treat. Maybe check on the wife - I think she is watching HGTV or something equally exciting.

But I can back if you want to play so more. Other than nothing else for me to do.

I don't really care what you do or are you asking for my permission? Does this make you my slave? You shall shovel my driveway this winter and you keep it snow free by hourly checks. Prepare yourself, minion, the snow will be thick and my patience thin.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    You guys realize this is the internet, right? Sorry to burst your bubbles, nobody is going to change their mind no matter how much you insult or antagonize them.

Really? I have had my thoughts and passions challenged here and have reevaluated and changed my mind upon further reflection at least twice here because folks disagreed with me.

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    I absolutely did not. I said you should not get one. You never asked why.

Well seeing as how I never asked for opinions on the AR-15 and thus yours was unwelcome you're either insinuating that I can't have one (most believable in the context of the discussion being had) or you're giving an unsolicited opinion about an AR-15 in a forum whose chosen topic would make said opinion completely inappropriate. While I may have been wrong, the reasoning behind my thinking remains valid. So do you normally go off topic in discussions, then?

The Stig

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Eastern Greene
    I don't really care what you do or are you asking for my permission? Does this make you my slave? You shall shovel my driveway this winter and you keep it snow free by hourly checks. Prepare yourself, minion, the snow will be thick and my patience thin.

I thought global warming (or whatever it is called now) would keep the snow away this year...?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Well seeing as how I never asked for opinions on the AR-15 and thus yours was unwelcome you're either insinuating that I can't have one (most believable in the context of the discussion being had) or you're giving an unsolicited opinion about an AR-15 in a forum whose chosen topic would make said opinion completely inappropriate. While I may have been wrong, the reasoning behind my thinking remains valid. So do you normally go off topic in discussions, then?
    Wow, wrong twice in one comment. Very good.

This is the intenet, off topic usaully hapens

Top Bottom