• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Jamil, I'm sorry to say it flat out but from my position you exhibit many of the flaws you rail against. I know you claim Cruz isn't your guy and you don't have a guy etc. But you are full time anti-Trump and some of your favorite criticisms regard tailoring the message to the audience and playing his supporters and not acknowledging when the candidate's actions are at variance with his/her pronouncements. You and GPIATM also love the 'but Bush' rhetorical point. But what people see is hypocrisy. You spend all your time pointing out the putative flaws of only one candidate, which sure makes it seem like you have a dog in the hunt. I've lost track now, but recently, I believe in a nother similar thread I actually read you defending Cruz's assertion he will shut down the IRS as basically it being a given he can't or won't do that and no politicians deliver on all their promises. WTF? At that point you are only arguing matters of degree vis a vis Trump. i know you like to go for the dark, scary language of 'cult of personality' and 'demagogue' to make Trump seem like an exceptional case but honestly after a while it's just blah, blah, blah. A post from Jamil in a Trump thread is not like a box of chocolates and we know pretty much exactly what we're going to get. Noted. what else ya' got?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yes. I started using the term "Trumper" as a contraction of "Trump supporter". I have to admit that after the first time using it, I did feel a certain satisfaction. It seemed fitting after seeing legitimate criticism after legitimate criticism get denied, ignored, marginalized by Trump supporters.

But did they criticize you personally? Or was the problem they just didn't see the gleaming beacon of your perspicacity. Is it all about you after all?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have to say, seeing all the Trump supporters may mean the party has moved further left.

It's possible, but I think it's more of a case of him saying what people want to hear, the way they want to hear it. For all his faults, the guy is a master at persuasion, influence, and negotiating deals in his favor.

His politics are like silly putty. You can make it into any shape you want, it bounces, and you can copy images of other things and pretend it's real.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    It's possible, but I think it's more of a case of him saying what people want to hear, the way they want to hear it. For all his faults, the guy is a master at persuasion, influence, and negotiating deals in his favor.

His politics are like silly putty. You can make it into any shape you want, it bounces, and you can copy images of other things and pretend it's real.

It bothers me increasingly - and I don't know if others see it this way - that Trump sounds exactly like the opposite polarity of one Barack H. Obama in 2007/8. Seems to me from all I've seen of Cruz that he'll do what he says he'll do, and that's a refreshing thought after the last 8 years.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    This picture is like a 21st century version of Rocky Horror Picture show.

ChFSbhJUkAAzNbv.jpg

Tim-Curry-and-Richard-O-Brien-in-Rocky-Horror.jpg

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    [video=youtube;0eOeII09TBI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eOeII09TBI[/video]

Hell Carly is such a bad businesswoman that after she was FIRED from HP (she also laid off 30,000 people) HP stock actually jumped up several points. Good job Ted you cannot even win a primary fairly and you are already announcing a weak VP running mate.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    [video=youtube;0eOeII09TBI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eOeII09TBI[/video]

Hell Carly is such a bad businesswoman that after she was FIRED from HP (she also laid off 30,000 people) HP stock actually jumped up several points. Good job Ted you cannot even win a primary fairly and you are already announcing a weak VP running mate.

In all fairness, if we're going to support or not support candidates with failed business ventures, Trump should have been laughed off the stage.

Donald Trump?s Scandals and Business Failures Roundup

Webster-dl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2014
    United States
    Trump has won New York and the Northeast as expected.

But note: Even if Trump wins ALL the delegates from California and New Jersey, he will STILL be over 30 delegates short of a majority. That means he needs to win somewhere in Indiana, Nebraska, West Virginia, Oregon, Washington, Montana, New Mexico, or South Dakota. He is not nearly as favored to win in those states.

That means we are headed to a contested convention.

And, as has been shown by Trump's equivocal record in CLOSED primaries (where ONLY republicans vote), Trump's support within the Republican Party is not as good as his support among the people who are "first time voters", "independents", or outright democrats.

And as for the threats he has made to derail the process by "rioting" in Cleveland...go ahead.

It would only be fitting that Trump can have his Beer Hall Putsch. He already is making his brownshirts (as can be seen by the paid internet trolls showing up everywhere Trump is mentioned and the violent "trump supporters").

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    In all fairness, if we're going to support or not support candidates with failed business ventures, Trump should have been laughed off the stage.

Donald Trump?s Scandals and Business Failures Roundup

Nice try, shame no one can come up with anything new to attack Trump really shows how unimaginative the Cruz and Kasich campaigns really are.

There are 9 failed businesses. When I counted the successful ones I came up with 282. With some margin for human error lets just estimate that at about 280. 9/280 = 0.032 This means that roughly 3% of Trumps business ventures fail. In other words, Trump has a 97% success rate. Now here's where it gets interesting. According to Forbes an average of 80% of businesses fail. The average business success rate is 20%, Trump's is 97%.

https://i.imgur.com/SHxla1R.jpg

Here is a nice long list of the great successes Mr.Trump has had versus the 9 failed businesses. Trump also employees 22,450 employees in his organization bringing in good jobs to people, the same cannot be said for Lyin' Ted or 1 in 46 Kasich

Webster-dl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2014
    United States
    Carly is an articulate voice for common sense and conservative ideas. And she is a feirce critic of the Hildebeast. She will score points as a critic of the past seven years, especially of Hillary as Sect. of State.

Absolutely true. Carly can counter Trump and Clinton well. She also can criticize Trump from the standpoint of a businessperson, not just a gambler like Trump who loses people's money.

She also has a clarity of thought and clarity of expression that makes her a good leader.

Not like Mr. "bigly" Trump. dang...another american who doesn't have basic mastery of his native language. Sad! Bad!

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Trump has won New York and the Northeast as expected.

But note: Even if Trump wins ALL the delegates from California and New Jersey, he will STILL be over 30 delegates short of a majority. That means he needs to win somewhere in Indiana, Nebraska, West Virginia, Oregon, Washington, Montana, New Mexico, or South Dakota. He is not nearly as favored to win in those states.

That means we are headed to a contested convention.

And, as has been shown by Trump's equivocal record in CLOSED primaries (where ONLY republicans vote), Trump's support within the Republican Party is not as good as his support among the people who are "first time voters", "independents", or outright democrats.

And as for the threats he has made to derail the process by "rioting" in Cleveland...go ahead.

It would only be fitting that Trump can have his Beer Hall Putsch. He already is making his brownshirts (as can be seen by the paid internet trolls showing up everywhere Trump is mentioned and the violent "trump supporters").

Indiana (Trump) - Indiana GOP Polls 2016: Donald Trump Leads Ted Cruz | Heavy.com

Nebraska (Trump) - https://www.isidewith.com/2016-republican-primary-poll/801555698/9333327

West Virginia (Trump) - RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - West Virginia Republican Presidential Primary

Oregon (Cruz) - 2016 Oregon Primary Predictions

Montana (Cruz) - 2016 Montana Primary Predictions

New Mexico (Cruz) - 2016 New Mexico Primary Predictions

South Dakota (Cruz) - 2016 South Dakota Primary Predictions

I am pretty confident that that gives Trump a safe margin to get to 1237.

Webster-dl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2014
    United States

If it turns out as you say, then of course you are right. I don't think it is as clear.

But with this post, you demonstrate what are the REAL battleground states. Nebraska, West virginia...and us. And why Indiana is critical. Of those states you mentioned as in play, Indiana is by far the largest.

BTW: In Decisive California Primary, Ted Cruz Is in Control - Breitbart

It looks like California is not as solidly Trump as I gave it credit for. If Trump fails (again) to take enough delegates in California, he could still lose "bigly" despite taking some of the states I mentioned.

BTW 2: as for polls...Polls: Donald Trump leads everywhere - Business Insider. As you can see, the results were not such a commanding success for Trump. The media is conspiring wtih Trump to place him as the nominee...even to the point of posting biased/questionable polls. Their accuracy has been particularly bad this election season.

Webster-dl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2014
    United States
    Besides...why would you vote for Trump? Don't you realize he is first and foremost a New York elitist? Don't you realize that New Yorkers think Hoosiers are dirt? Your home is "flyover country"...that is, your home is not important adn doesn't merit consideration.

Don't you know that Indiana is consistently bullied by New York? We raise a significant amount of Gas Tax, but New York takes our share of the money, and Indiana always gets a small cut...because New York thinks they have a right to take our money to build roads in their state. Is your state a gas tax winner or loser?

Lawmakers struggle to pay for roads | Indiana | www.journalgazette.net

Hey Indiana...in case you didn't realize it...Trump and most other New Yorkers THINK THEY ARE BETTER THAN YOU BECAUSE THEY ARE FROM NEW YORK. Why would you vote for them? So you can continued to be bullied for another 4 years?

Top Bottom