• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I would simply like to point out that the OP still has exactly one post to his name. I doubt he's even read any of the responses here.

His last visit was 1 week ago, but nothing like a good discussion.

After all, look at all the good responses about the Taurus line. It's the only way to disprove the "My friends buddies sisters uncle-in-laws neighbor who works with a guy who knows of a guy that used to live across from a river from a guy who seen a guy fire some idiots friends gun at a range 10 years ago" from continuing to tarnish a great firearm and get out the real info about them!

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger

After all, look at all the good responses about the Taurus line. It's the only way to disprove the "My friends buddies sisters uncle-in-laws neighbor who works with a guy who knows of a guy that used to live across from a river from a guy who seen a guy fire some idiots friends gun at a range 10 years ago" from continuing to tarnish a great firearm and get out the real info about them!

If we don't talk about stuff like this what do we talk about? This site is here to spread the message about firearms and I think we said to all the members loud and clear that Taurus are not bad guns for the money and you can get a lemon in any make firearm.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south

Yes, or the "I've fired Tauruses that belong to some of my friends, and haven't seen any reason to spend my own money just so I can say 'I bought a Taurus even though I knew better and I still think they are scraping the bottom of the barrel'" responses.
    As much as Taurus claims to have improved, they are still producing a lot of low quality guns that never should have made it through quality control. A lot of you have obviously never seen these or tried to shoot them, but that doesn't mean they're not there, because I and the many "Taurus-haters" out there have shot them. I guess it comes down to what individuals want out of a gun. I personally want to buy a gun and know that I'm getting a good gun for my money, no matter when it came off the production line. I'm willing to spend a little more for a quality American made gun like a Ruger, Mossberg, or Smith & Wesson, and probably buy fewer guns in the long run instead of risking having to deal with returning a gun to service for months at a time, several times, or selling the first one and buying another of the same trying to get it right.
    Sure, any manufacturer can produce a lemon. Why is that the best argument that "Taurus lovers" can come up with, and why are so many of the lemons Tauruses? The problem comes when trends occur, and I believe poor quality Tauruses have become a trend.
    BTW, how did the raging bull .500magnum turn out?

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Yes, or the "I've fired Tauruses that belong to some of my friends, and haven't seen any reason to spend my own money just so I can say 'I bought a Taurus even though I knew better and I still think they are scraping the bottom of the barrel'" responses.
    As much as Taurus claims to have improved, they are still producing a lot of low quality guns that never should have made it through quality control. A lot of you have obviously never seen these or tried to shoot them, but that doesn't mean they're not there, because I and the many "Taurus-haters" out there have shot them. I guess it comes down to what individuals want out of a gun. I personally want to buy a gun and know that I'm getting a good gun for my money, no matter when it came off the production line. I'm willing to spend a little more for a quality American made gun like a Ruger, Mossberg, or Smith & Wesson, and probably buy fewer guns in the long run instead of risking having to deal with returning a gun to service for months at a time, several times, or selling the first one and buying another of the same trying to get it right.
    Sure, any manufacturer can produce a lemon. Why is that the best argument that "Taurus lovers" can come up with, and why are so many of the lemons Tauruses? The problem comes when trends occur, and I believe poor quality Tauruses have become a trend.
    BTW, how did the raging bull .500magnum turn out?

Whatever happened to the Ruger SR9? Whatever happened to the Ruger blackhawk chambered in 357 Max.? Or the S&W Model 41? (my friend had to send his $800 pistol back four times) Whatever happened to the S&W model 317T? (My wife's had to go back for warranty repair as the barrel was misaligned, it is over $600) For you older guys with good memories, why did Smith discontinue the model 39 and 59? They all experienced serious malfunctions, but I would buy a Ruger or a Smith and Wesson again.

The list can go on and on.

I own two Taurus guns, one revolver and one 24/7 pistol. Flawless functioning and no need to return to the manufacturer.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I have owned two Taurus' in the past: Pt1911 and a Model 85 no-lock snub.

I enjoyed the M85 immensly, as most owners of them do. I ended up selling it to a friend at work, using the fundages towards the g19. The PT1911 had crappy internals, however, the slide/barrel/beavertail/frame were all top notch forged pieces. Given the cost of the 1911 frame and slide/barrel, time spend fitting, etc... having a firing project 1911 to slowly replace the parts inside was far better than building in my opinion (at the time). I sold it to Techres, trying to remember how much he gave me so I would offer to buy it back!! :D

One post? First post being a "I know it all" sophmoric situation? Strange stuff...

Chrolle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Owned a PT40 Millennium Pro earlier this year...I liked the feel and the fact is was easily concealable, but, I hated the trigger pull. Not sure if all Taurus are like that, but the one I bought you had to pull it quite a ways back before it would even fire. Was hard to judge when it would fire each time, and made me nervous to use it for anything other than a "bring a friend along" range gun. In the end, I gave it to my mother to carry, and she loves it.

Is this a problem on all Taurus or just the one I had? Regarding the long trigger pull that is.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Owned a PT40 Millennium Pro earlier this year...I liked the feel and the fact is was easily concealable, but, I hated the trigger pull. Not sure if all Taurus are like that, but the one I bought you had to pull it quite a ways back before it would even fire. Was hard to judge when it would fire each time, and made me nervous to use it for anything other than a "bring a friend along" range gun. In the end, I gave it to my mother to carry, and she loves it.

Is this a problem on all Taurus or just the one I had? Regarding the long trigger pull that is.
    I too own a Millennium Pro. The trigger action is typical of all D.A.O. semi-autos. and is not a "problem" at all. It's just a characteristic of the D.A.O. design.

I actually like the trigger action as it easy to perform a "double staged pull" which for me keeps groups surprisingly tight for a gun with a 3.25" barrel. :rockwoot:

:cheers:

Last edited:

EvoVIIIMatt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    I own a Taurus 24/7 9mm and have never had a problem out of it. It does have a long trigger pull, but the more I shoot it the more I like it.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Has anyone else had bad luck with Taurus semi-auto pistols? To me its not worth the $50 to send a low end gun numerous times to the factory for their "lifetime" warranty.

I recently sold my Taurus 9mm PT 92 AF. I had it for about four years and finally shot it a few weeks ago. I was very disappointed in it. It was shooting way left. The rear sight is adjustable so we moved it, but it wasn't as tight as we thought it was. The sight moved a lot and a damn spring popped out!! I couldn't believe they would use the rear sight as both an adjustable sight _and_ spring holder. We got it all fixed, but I just wasn't liking the feel and the fact that rear sight had to be moved that far over. I still wanted something in 9mm, so I took a $20 hit on this gun and sold it. I purchased a Glock 17.

dcbark01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Floyds Knobs, IN
    I've been looking at the Millenium Pro lately after I got my LTCH a few months ago, but threads like this make me think it can be kind of hit or miss on them as to reliability and whatnot. I held one the other day at a friend's house and really liked the way it handled, any opinions on whether it would make a good CC carry gun?

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I bought a PT92 off of a member here a few weeks back and got it to the range last week. Gun shot great, and is a '96 manufacture :yesway: Now I just gotta find a couple more mags for it :dunno:

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I still wanted something in 9mm, so I took a $20 hit on this gun and sold it. I purchased a Glock 17.
    $20 isn't bad. You must have gotten it for a pretty good deal to begin with. Taurus resale value is pretty bad.

How are you liking the G17?

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    East Central In.
    I've owned several Taurus handguns, revolvers and self-loaders, and all of them were good, dependable handguns. Although I don't own a Taurus at the moment, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if it caught my fancy.

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    East Central In.
    I've been looking at the Millenium Pro lately after I got my LTCH a few months ago, but threads like this make me think it can be kind of hit or miss on them as to reliability and whatnot. I held one the other day at a friend's house and really liked the way it handled, any opinions on whether it would make a good CC carry gun?

My nephew carries a Millenium Pro and swears by it. He's put about 500-600 rounds through it so far and never had a FTF or an FTE. On the occasions I shot it, I found it to be a decent weapon it's just not as comfortable for me to shoot as my XD, but that's a matter of personal preference.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    My PT111 has been back to Taurus twice in the 5 yrs I've had it. The trigger action was horrible from the get go. (It was my first handgun, so I didn't dry fire it enough when I bought it.) Taurrus adjusted the trigger when I sent it back to the factory, so it's acceptable now. But it's not nearly as good as the action on the new models.

The safety makes me nervous. Occasionally, it'll kick on by itself after I fire a round. That has become less frequent now that my grip has improved, but that's still scary. Unfortunately, even though that was one of the items in my most recent work order when I sent it in, they didn't address it.

It doesn't take too many times back to the factory (at $50 a pop) to add up to the price of a higher quality gun.

So my take is that Taurus is a halfway decent gun in general, but that the lifetime warranty isn't quite the selling point you'd think it is.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    The safety makes me nervous. Occasionally, it'll kick on by itself after I fire a round. That has become less frequent now that my grip has improved, but that's still scary. Unfortunately, even though that was one of the items in my most recent work order when I sent it in, they didn't address it.

Something to think about.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnzBhMWuWJw]YouTube - Taurus Millennium PRO PT145 safety flaw.[/ame]

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    It doesn't take too many times back to the factory (at $50 a pop) to add up to the price of a higher quality gun.

$50 for what??? :dunno:

If you're doing the shipping through an FFL, there absolutely no reason to do so. It can go via UPS, FedEx, or DHL. Cost me about $13.00 just a few weeks ago. :rockwoot:

Last edited:

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    the PT92? crappy coppy of a Beretta 92. I wouldn't take one off your hands if you gave me fifty bucks to do it.

*The above post is my observation colored by blatant prejudice. No amount of logic will change my mind.

but the beretta 92 is a crappy firearm anyway (imho):D

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    $50 for what??? :dunno:

If you're doing the shipping through an FFL, there absolutely no reason to do so. It can go via UPS, FedEx, or DHL. Cost me about $13.00 just a few weeks ago. :rockwoot:

I shipped through UPS, and they wouldn't do ground shipping. I believe it had to be second day air, and it cost $50. How did you ship?

Top Bottom