• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I only am interested in a 3-3.5" barrel 1911. Feel free to actually list the 3 or 4 others that you would purchase instead. Vague statements aren't terribly convincing.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    4" is as short as you want to go in a 1911. Trust me

/\ This be truth. The 1911 platform was never designed to be that short. It begins to run into timing issues and the sub 4" guns are notoriously hard to get to run properly. Especially when they are packed full of crappy MIM parts that are poorly fitted like new Kimbers

OP check out Springfield ' new RO Compact.

Now to patently wait for Churchmouse.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    They seem to love them or hate them! LOL. I just did get a Springfield TRP and also have a Sig C3 and really like and recommend either. But also have a Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor 2 and the Eclipse Custom 2 and in my opinion both seem to be just as accurate. Don't think it hurts that their both easy on the eyes also. I say go for it and enjoy!:ar15:

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    They seem to love them or hate them! LOL. I just did get a Springfield TRP and also have a Sig C3 and really like and recommend either. But also have a Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor 2 and the Eclipse Custom 2 and in my opinion both seem to be just as accurate. Don't think it hurts that their both easy on the eyes also. I say go for it and enjoy!:ar15:

Do you shoot your Sig C3 with reloads? Mine seems to be very picky if the ammo diameter is close to the max. spec. and won't fully chamber. I hate to give up on it, last time I had it at the range, I had really good groups...for me, anyway.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Do you shoot your Sig C3 with reloads? Mine seems to be very picky if the ammo diameter is close to the max. spec. and won't fully chamber. I hate to give up on it, last time I had it at the range, I had really good groups...for me, anyway.
    I have not up to this point just getting into the reloading game.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Op, Are you actually thinking of carrying a 1911 as your EDC? If not, it's a waste to buy a sub compact gun just to go out and shoot. They have a specific purpose and place. And range toy isn't one of them IMO.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Op, Are you actually thinking of carrying a 1911 as your EDC? If not, it's a waste to buy a sub compact gun just to go out and shoot. They have a specific purpose and place. And range toy isn't one of them IMO.

I would plan on using this as an EDC. I like the 1911 platform and would like to stick with it.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I would plan on using this as an EDC. I like the 1911 platform and would like to stick with it.

Then I would go with the Springfield RO compact since you want that platform even though I believe there's a lot better carry options out there considering the size and weight and capacity. But that's another discussion

Nellybelle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Columbus
    I have a Super Carry Ultra Plus. I had a few issues but took it to a Gary Growe in Columbus and it runs great. I carry it as EDC. Love the look the feel and all of it.

It is true other fine weapons are out there. Check several out and decide for yourself.

Top Bottom