• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Somehow I see the dems turning this all around and fighting for the terrorists to have the right to launch attacks on America because of how we have mistreated them.

As far fetched as this sounds, I bet it will happen......soon. :rolleyes:

Might as well give them a protected status in this country so they wont get picked on.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Somehow I see the dems turning this all around and fighting for the terrorists to have the right to launch attacks on America because of how we have mistreated them.

Might as well give them a protected status in this country so they wont get picked on.
    Now you're sounding like CNN

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    So for all those who think we should take them in I have a couple thoughts / questions:

At some point their numbers will outnumber the hosting country see above video what is happening in Germany, Netherlands, Sweden.

What is the critical population point where their way of life / culture supercedes yours? Meaning the teachings of Islam overrule the constitution and your religious freedom why do you think it can't happen here, has our county not fundamentally changed in terms of liberty in the last 20 years?

STOP IT!!!! Don't bring rational thought into this.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy

Well john kerry did say the Charlie Hebdo attacks were legitimate so I'm guessing you're not wrong .

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    There's nothing rational about that post. One would need to accept a lot of assumptions and be fairly bad at math to take that as a valid possibility.

Theres nothing rational about bringing them here. And if you don't think we have lost some of our freedoms, well I can't cure blindness.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Theres nothing rational about bringing them here. And if you don't think we have lost some of our freedoms, well I can't cure blindness.

Your response doesn't address my disagreement, nor was "here" even mentioned.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I doubt they will out number the host countries, it there is a point where they could gain control of much of their respective governments thus turning the countries into what they want and with laws that further their agenda. Have we not changed our laws to reflect the values and beliefs of others in this country?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think you are wrong.

The overall public outcry about Syrian refugees is largely a knee-jerk reaction to the Paris attacks. However, this was discussed here on INGO before the Paris attacks. I think the key point is the question "why aren't these people taking up arms and fighting for their own freedom?". The question is not just rhetorical to me; it's real. From what I know of the Arab culture (and I'll admit it's not that much), these folks are a lot more likely to blow with the prevailing wind than to pledge their lives, fortune, and sacred honor.

That is IMO why so many conservatives aren't buying the complete and total need of the refugees. They don't think like we do; and it's not about how they look or who they worship.

I posted an article last week that discussed the political divide in this country. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-divide-essay-americas-rural-urban-split.html

I think this disagreement is an example. An Indiana gun owner is on average an independent person who would go down fighting. They are understandably suspicious of those who would not.

I'm not understanding your sentence (that I bolded). Are you saying within that organization, Americans are donating but not volunteering? No dispute, just not clear.

Hmmm..... so how are the rest of us going to get our cheeseburger? I have annoyed churchmouse a couple of times, but he seemed to move on from it pretty quickly without offering me a burger.
    What I mean is, the folks working to get these people out of danger have tried working with the US administration to bring some of them here but because they do not help Obama's agenda, the administration is not interested in helping them.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Top Bottom