• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Tell that to some of the officers that think it is because according to at least one that is how they will treat it at the time

The only time you'll see EPD quote case law is when it only benefits them. In this case it has already been overturned as of March of this year with SB1 passing the legislature abd being signed by the Governor.

The Barnes decision (also coming from Evansville- oh the irony) applies to the original law, there is now superseding law in the form of SB1 which is a rare case of state law specifically giving citizens a right in this case not necessarily recognized by the courts even though we always have and always did possess it. The unquestionable right to defend our homes from unreasonable and unlawful entry, by ANYONE.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Investigation In To On-Line Threats Against EPD Continues

This is a link to an updated story from the news station that filmed the attack. It also has a video of it for those who haven't seen it.

Since there are plenty of EPD personel reading my posts it sure would be nice if they would provide the name of the judge who signed the warrant as well as the reasoning for obtaining a warrant and ESPECIALLY the reasoning of those in charge to conduct a ****ing SWAT raid without prior surveilence of the home.

Don't forget the laws have changed, Barnes v. State no longer applies.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    The one woman they interviewed said what we have said all along, do a damn investigation. If someone was piggy backing off of their router, he/she knows not to do that anymore.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    When did they "knock" on the door?
    The problen with having a TV station there is now they have video showing what they did.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Does anyone have any link or screencap of the original thread on Topix that started all of this? I've been looking for hours and I can't stand reading any more of that ridiculous garbage anymore.

It appears that post has been deleted.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    A retard for a mayor who thinks the PD needs an armored vehicle for combating gangs with a strategy that clearly won't work, so the thing will likely be re-purposed for no-knocks withing a month or two after delivery, a police chief who was promoted from Sgt. with a desk job for his help in securing the FOP endorsement for the aforementioned retard of a mayor, a chronic disdain for the rights of the citizens, and the type of ego that would deliberately plan the production of a dog and pony show for the media who were invited to the home invasion...what could possibly go wrong?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    That is what I was thinking, just wanted to clarify. On officer posting on the Courier keeps referrencing the Indiana Supreme court ruling saying However when you have a standing Supreme Court ruling as a precedent I wouldnt expect any changes in law enforcement anytime soon.

I believe that is JBT-speak for 'we don't give a damn about the Indiana Code being changed, we got a favorable court ruling and we are running with it!'

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Sure does not appear any knocking or warning was issued. But then again, that's some pretty crappy camera work.

Funny they pick the lowest rated station in town for the ride along.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    so they got a threat over the internet and decided that was a good reason to endanger innocent people. just goes to show you who they serve and protect and its not the people who pay them.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    so they got a threat over the internet and decided that was a good reason to endanger innocent people. just goes to show you who they serve and protect and its not the people who pay them.

Everything that I have read that has anything specific in it is hardly what I would consider a threat. There are also some sources that say the police chief Billy Bolin was the only one threatened.

The amount of spin by the media but especially the EPD is incredible.

Show us the damn evidence, and show us the warrant!

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Everything that I have read that has anything specific in it is hardly what I would consider a threat. There are also some sources that say the police chief Billy Bolin was the only one threatened.

The amount of spin by the media but especially the EPD is incredible.

Show us the damn evidence, and show us the warrant!
    this whole thing does sound like an inside job. no warrant took a tv crew with them. maybe on the next raid they will have steven seagal and a tank.

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    I dont consider detectives to be everyday police men. They aren't out in their cars responding to calls all night long. SWAT guys are still out giving tickets, dealing with idiot drunks, etc

I still believe in a some cases no knock warrants are bull**** and will get someone killed, this one could very well have ended that way. However, they investigated, evidence led them to that home and they did their job. They were wrong, it happens. Cant really fault them for that. I still say the biggest mistake here is inviting the media.

So it's all okay because they got bad information? Trust, but Verify. Because they didn't verify, innocent people's lives were put at risk.

I can most definitely fault them for being wrong.

NZ3qDLxYEU-uaDZByFNoQA2.jpg

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    If any of you have ever been to your local Topix(they have one for almost every city and town), you will quickly realize it is an unmoderated message board. You do not have to sign-up to post. You can use any name you want to use, even names already in use. You can also post about almost anything you want. For the EPD to get a warrant based off the crap that is on Topix, there is a judge in Evansville that needs to be replaced.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    If any of you have ever been to your local Topix(they have one for almost every city and town), you will quickly realize it is an unmoderated message board. You do not have to sign-up to post. You can use any name you want to use, even names already in use. You can also post about almost anything you want. For the EPD to get a warrant based off the crap that is on Topix, there is a judge in Evansville that needs to be replaced.

Couldn't agree more.

Top Bottom