• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You must be referring to my disagreement with the bailouts and my strong feelings on the right to bear arms shall not be infringed on.

Please, do not try to put me in a box.

The old saw of
    If it looks like a duck
    If it walks like a duck
    If it quacks like a duck
    stops there. It doesn't ask about feathers.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You've added so much value to this discussion. I just want to personally thank you.

It's kinda trollish, just to chime in with personal pot shots and not add anything of any value to a discussion. (Note: didn't call anyone a troll.)

Feathers or not, we have a duck. A duck with a lot of fear about being called a duck... for some reason...

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    You've added so much value to this discussion. I just want to personally thank you.

It's kinda trollish, just to chime in with personal pot shots and not add anything of any value to a discussion. (Note: didn't call anyone a troll.)

I've talked a lot about the 1A and freedom, but in classic liberal style, you ignore that which you can't handle.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Hey, I know most people are conservative here. Are we all Christians too?

John approves of you posts. :yesway:
    John_Lennon_wideweb__430x336,0.jpg

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Congratulations!

No, I just think it helps to establish what the real argument Designer is trying to make here. If you were debating corporatism with someone, don't you think it would help to know if the guy is a Marxist or not? That way you know what angle to argue the case from.

Kind of like a fight between a husband and wife. The issue is never the issue. She's complaining about you leaving your dirty clothes on the floor. The dirty clothes aren't what's bothering her. She feels you don't love her and you throwing your clothes on the floor is your way of showing it. My point with all of this is that this guy shows up to this site and espouses a heavily left leaning view of corporate America and refuses to give us a full picture of what his beliefs are. By knowing which beliefs he holds, we can then proceed to debate the issue or decide if we are basically on the same page, just not communicating clearly enough.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Awww. you guys. It's sooo much easier when we can label each other.

To be honest, I agree and disagree with issues on both the Republican and Democrat positions, but I could never subscribe whole heartedly to either side exclusively. When Americans actually sit down and think about the issues, they find that they aren't 100% on one side or the other. I've got relatives who are Republican Congressman. I have family members & friends who are on the staff's our state Representatives. I've crafted campaign's for candidates running for various offices. I've seen how the machine works under the hood. It's not pretty.

Really, I think that both sides are bought and owned by the same people. They throw out some issues to the left and some to the right to keep us all fighting.

I know a big philosophy stance for a lot of the people on this board is that Americans don't need to be told what to do and that if we don't like something, we'll simply vote it down or vote with our dollars.

I wish it were that easy. I just don't think it is and I'll tell you why...

I've worked in a variety of marketing capacities (consumer, political, non-profit, etc...) crafting messages for the general public. I've studied the psychology of advertising and put its uses into effect. I researched propaganda tactics of WWII obsessively for a thesis in college. Point being. The general population is easily lead, like sheep, if you use the tools correctly. Some people use these powers for good, some for evil. More and more corporations are using propaganda and advertising tactics to push the general public in their direction. People's attention spans have dropped to an all time low due to information overload on a daily basis. It's easy to mis-inform the public.

I wish we were all free thinkers, but we are not. People are easily lead astray.

In closing, it's been fun being everybody's punching bag today. You all probably don't care much for me, but I'm a firm believer in the 2nd amendment and that's why I'm here. I hope we can at least agree on that.

p.s. Here's a good left/right article to read: Liberal Hypocrisy vs. Conservative Hypocrisy – the Damage is Done

Guys, if you think he's a democrat just say it.

Last edited:

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I wish we were all free thinkers, but we are not. People are easily lead astray.

I disagree. I believe the non-free-thinking average person who reaches voting age and starts voting with any sort of regularity will generally pick a side and stick with it, rationalizing their choices rather than changing them. Advertising simply provides the NFT with extra reasons to rationalize; he ignores those that call his decisions into question, and pays attention to those that support his decision. To the extent that he is willing to do any "research", he seeks information that reaffirms his choices. See Confirmation Bias.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Awww. you guys. It's sooo much easier when we can label each other.

To be honest, I agree and disagree with issues on both the Republican and Democrat positions, but I could never subscribe whole heartedly to either side exclusively. When Americans actually sit down and think about the issues, they find that they aren't 100% on one side or the other. I've got relatives who are Republican Congressman. I have family members & friends who are on the staff's our state Representatives. I've crafted campaign's for candidates running for various offices. I've seen how the machine works under the hood. It's not pretty.

Really, I think that both sides are bought and owned by the same people. They throw out some issues to the left and some to the right to keep us all fighting.

I know a big philosophy stance for a lot of the people on this board is that Americans don't need to be told what to do and that if we don't like something, we'll simply vote it down or vote with our dollars.

I wish it were that easy. I just don't think it is and I'll tell you why...

I've worked in a variety of marketing capacities (consumer, political, non-profit, etc...) crafting messages for the general public. I've studied the psychology of advertising and put its uses into effect. I researched propaganda tactics of WWII obsessively for a thesis in college. Point being. The general population is easily lead, like sheep, if you use the tools correctly. Some people use these powers for good, some for evil. More and more corporations are using propaganda and advertising tactics to push the general public in their direction. People's attention spans have dropped to an all time low due to information overload on a daily basis. It's easy to mis-inform the public.

In closing, it's been fun being everybody's punching bag today. You all probably don't care much for me, but I'm a firm believer in the 2nd amendment and that's why I'm here. I hope we can at least agree on that.

p.s. Here's a good left/right article to read: Liberal Hypocrisy vs. Conservative Hypocrisy – the Damage is Done

I agree with a good deal with what you say here. Yes, I agree that we have a lot of idiot sheep in this country but here is where I differ. Politicians are obviously bought and paid for and they are supposed to be uber smart. Why are they any better representatives of the sheep than the sheep themselves? I agree with Fletch's last post. Once most sheep have made their decision, the likelihood of them ever changing it is slim. Most sheep get their political views from their parents, friends, and what the school foists on them.

The solution to eliminating corporate influence on our government is simple but I don't think anyone wants to hear it. Do you Designer?

Top Bottom