• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Brace yourself, because it is simple. Here it comes!

Take away the ability of all Local, State and Federal politicians to tax, affect, and regulate business.

That means IBM, GM and every single other business in this country pays zero, zilch, zip, nada in taxes. That means do away with all zoning laws. That means do away with minimum wage laws. That means do away with every single regulation we have foisted on the backs of business.

If politicians have no ability to affect commerce, then what would the purpose be for corporations to "buy" votes?

I'm sure most of you are in shock but you can pick your bottom jaw off the floor now. What would the outcome be if we stripped the governments ability to affect business? Would it be lawlessness, slave shops, pumping toxic waste into our rivers and streams? That's what those in government would have you believe.

The outcome would be that we as individual citizens would be reempowered to work in our own best interests. But therein lies the problem. Our people have been conditioned by our government that they can't survive without their intervention.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Do you think it's ok for foreign owned interests to be allowed to give an unlimited amount of money via their corporations to political candidates in our sovereign elections? Are you ok with Hugo Chavez donating as much money as he wants through CITGO to American politicians who will vote more favorably to his issues?

I would love for Hugo Chavez' name, or one of his fronts to run ads supporting Bayh or Hill. Remove all limits and let the sunshine in. Let people see who is supporting who and let them make their own decisions.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Take away the ability of all Local, State and Federal politicians to tax, affect, and regulate business.

That means IBM, GM and every single other business in this country pays zero, zilch, zip, nada in taxes. That means do away with all zoning laws. That means do away with minimum wage laws. That means do away with every single regulation we have foisted on the backs of business.

If politicians have no ability to affect commerce, then what would the purpose be for corporations to "buy" votes?

I'm sure most of you are in shock but you can pick your bottom jaw off the floor now. What would the outcome be if we stripped the governments ability to affect business? Would it be lawlessness, slave shops, pumping toxic waste into our rivers and streams? That's what those in government would have you believe.

The outcome would be that we as individual citizens would be reempowered to work in our own best interests. But therein lies the problem. Our people have been conditioned by our government that they can't survive without their intervention.
    I love it when you talk dirty like that. :D

The good 'ol USA has the 2nd highest corporate taxes on the planet. And we wonder why businesses go overseas.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009

NOW we're talking.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I agree with a good deal with what you say here. Yes, I agree that we have a lot of idiot sheep in this country but here is where I differ. Politicians are obviously bought and paid for and they are supposed to be uber smart. Why are they any better representatives of the sheep than the sheep themselves? I agree with Fletch's last post. Once most sheep have made their decision, the likelihood of them ever changing it is slim. Most sheep get their political views from their parents, friends, and what the school foists on them.

The solution to eliminating corporate influence on our government is simple but I don't think anyone wants to hear it. Do you Designer?

For sure man. Lay it on me.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Feathers or not, we have a duck. A duck with a lot of fear about being called a duck... for some reason...

I don't see why someone with an obvious political viewpoint would be hesitant to admit what it is. There are, of course, people who don't think it's anyone else's business. But those folks don't generally start political discussions.

I've got no problem telling people I am a proud conservative Republican. If I didn't want to tell people that, it would mean that I was either ashamed of my beliefs, or trying to disguise them for some dishonest person. I'm not like that, though. Hopefully, no one else here is ashamed of themselves or being dishonest.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Ya i did. Had to eat some dinner.

So take away governments effect on commerce. Ok. Let's flesh that out.
    In such a scenario, how do you provide for basic public works like schools, firestation, hospitals, water plant, police, etc... privatize them all?

Maybe you qouted before you read it but my solution is in post number 101.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

In such a scenario, how do you provide for basic public works like schools, firestation, hospitals, water plant, police, etc... privatize them all?

Schools never existed before the federal government took them over? I have this thing that goes in ground that uses an electrical pump to get water that was put in by a private business. Do neighborhoods need the government to organize crime watch groups? I was unaware that all hospitals were owned by the government. Again, a community can't band together and hire fireman and police without the government's hand in it?

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yes, that is all possible. But you're dealing with a massive sheeple population. I have no doubt that a local self sufficient community could sustain itself around here, but people would have to be smart enough everywhere to make that happen nationally.

It would be kinda like going back to an Indian tribe scenario right? Is that what you're saying. Survival of the fittest / smartest?

Schools never existed before the federal government took them over? I have this thing that goes in ground that uses an electrical pump to get water that was put in by a private business. Do neighborhoods need the government to organize crime watch groups? I was unaware that all hospitals were owned by the government. Again, a community can't band together and hire fireman and police without the government's hand in it?

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

I don't know how to say this on the internet. If we were at a bar, you would be drinking for free tonight. :yesway:

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis

Oh, you mean a do-over. Roll the clock back to 1778 or so?

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009

Funny, I was debating the healthcare takeover with a lib once and they said the same thing. The services we have locally are a result of people getting together to get things done, like a Corporation. We don't need the federal govt to do those things for us.

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Yes, that is all possible. But you're dealing with a massive sheeple population. I have no doubt that a local self sufficient community could sustain itself around here, but people would have to be smart enough everywhere to make that happen nationally.

It would be kinda like going back to an Indian tribe scenario right? Is that what you're saying. Survival of the fittest / smartest?

Let's forget the sheeple here for a minute. I don't know you from Adam but what little I do know about you, you seem to be an intelligent person. (I'm being serious here). Name any one politician in this country that can better represent you and your interests than you can? I would hope your answer to this is no one. Nobody can better represent my interests than I can. You, I, and the guy down the streets interests aren't 100% the same yet we are only sending 1 person to represent us. How can 1 person represent the different interests of thousands, if not millions?

Back to the sheeple thing for a minute. Why do you deserve more liberty than they do? Why should you or I be given more personal responsibility than they are? Yes, I do believe in survival of the fittest to a degree. But I'm sure you will find out that the sheeple will whip themselves in to shape rather quickly if they were forced to take care of themselves instead of abdicating their freedom to others.

I've got to run for awhile. I've got to go watch iCarly with my 7 year old. :D:rolleyes::n00b:

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I've got no problem telling people I am a proud conservative Republican. If I didn't want to tell people that, it would mean that I was either ashamed of my beliefs, or trying to disguise them for some dishonest person. I'm not like that, though. Hopefully, no one else here is ashamed of themselves or being dishonest.

And there are some who have beliefs that fall on both sides of center who don't have a label and don't wish for one. Not one we give ourselves nor one given to us.

Top Bottom