• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Thats why I also put Thomas Jefferson in there, just for you. Do you disagree with him?

I'm not sure I disagree with that particular quote. I'd like to see the context of it. What is the difference between government aristocracy and corporate aristocracy?

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Come on now. I'm not going to take your bait and stoop to your level again. Last time I got called a troll. I know that's what you want.

Sorry buddy. I'm self employed. Never have been in a union of any kind. Are you implying that I don't have the mental power to think for myself and that I have to have others think for me and tell me what to say? That's very mature and kind of you.

Is it called trolling when you personally attack someone?

And politicians have the American peoples' interest at heart? So what is the name of your union? Did you have to wait for them to tell you what your opinion of what the supreme courts decision was before you came here?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Come on now. I'm not going to take your bait and stoop to your level again. Last time I got called a troll. I know that's what you want.

Sorry buddy. I'm self employed. Never have been in a union of any kind. Are you implying that I don't have the mental power to think for myself and that I have to have others think for me and tell me what to say? That's very mature and kind of you.

Are you going to answer my question, ever?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

You apparently think we don't have the mental power to think for ourselves and we need our corporate masters tell us what to say.

The reason I assumed you were a union member is because your stance on corporations mirror those of unions. You act as though that assumption took a great leap. Hardly.

If the decision that corporations coudn't pump endless money from going to campaigns didn't stop corporations from pumping enless money into campaigns, then what does reversing this decision really do?

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009

No one actually called you a troll, and no one forced you to jump into the frying pan. If it's too hot, just jump out.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Once again, American free speech should not be infringed on, foreign interests via corporations should not have free speech because they do not have the American people's interests at heart. I can't say that any clearer.

I don't think YOU have the American people's best interests at heart, nor do I have any reason to believe you are actually American.

So, you should stop engaging in political speech.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    No one actually called you a troll, and no one forced you to jump into the frying pan. If it's too hot, just jump out.

Thats funny I believe it was specifically you who used the term troll. But you didn't actually call me that? Just implied it? You'd make a great lawyer.

1) Smells like trolling to me.

All of your 22 posts when views as a body of work have the smell of a liberal troll.

Sprinkle that with trollish comments designed to bait members of this forum, and we have ourselves a clear picture.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Designer, I can only assume you're not going to answer my question. I'll also assume that you won't answer it, because you can't.

To me, all questions of what the government should do, and certainly how the Supreme Court should rule, start with that question.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Thats funny I believe it was specifically you who used the term troll. But you didn't actually call me that? Just implied it? You'd make a great lawyer.

No one called you a troll. You just checked, and you see that what I am saying is true.

If you fancy getting into political discussions on the internet, you'd better grow some more skin... you'll need it.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Sorry, not trying to ignore questions here. I told you I had to research that one because I saw a good debate on the topic. Haven't found where I saw it yet, but it had something to do with the Tea Party & the East India Company. How are founding fathers didn't want corporate influence from Great Britian via the East India Company. You get the idea.

But I think you might be right, there isn't any specific wording written for it. I'll still have to get back to you.

Designer, I can only assume you're not going to answer my question. I'll also assume that you won't answer it, because you can't.

To me, all questions of what the government should do, and certainly how the Supreme Court should rule, start with that question.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Really? You're going to split hairs like that huh? You said troll three times, directed towards me, but never actually called me that. So it's just implied?

Ok buddy, whatever you say.

No one called you a troll. You just checked, and you see that what I am saying is true.

If you fancy getting into political discussions on the internet, you'd better grow some more skin... you'll need it.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Sorry, not trying to ignore questions here. I told you I had to research that one because I saw a good debate on the topic. Haven't found where I saw it yet, but it had something to do with the Tea Party & the East India Company. How are founding fathers didn't want corporate influence from Great Britian via the East India Company. You get the idea.

But I think you might be right, there isn't any specific wording written for it. I'll still have to get back to you.

Crack a history book. The Boston Tea Party had crap to do with corporate influence, and everything to do with government taxes.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yeaaaaaa.

I'll make this real simple so you can understand it. East India Company = Corporation owned by foreign interest meddling in our political process.

The Tea Act was an Act of the Parliament of Great Britain to expand the British East India Company's monopoly on the tea trade to all British Colonies

The Tea Party was the culmination of a resistance movement throughout British America against the Tea Act, which had been passed by the British Parliament in 1773. Colonists objected to the Tea Act for a variety of reasons, especially because they believed that it violated their right to be taxed only by their own elected representatives.

Crack a history book. The Boston Tea Party had crap to do with corporate influence, and everything to do with government taxes.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Really? You're going to split hairs like that huh? You said troll three times, directed towards me, but never actually called me that. So it's just implied?

Ok buddy, whatever you say.

You've passed the basic test of what people said vs. what they did not say. Now you're clear to continue your political internet discussion. Enjoy your stay, and don't forget to tip the waitress.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    LOL. You're funny.

The only guy that wrote posts to me saying troll, says no one called me a troll.

Let me get your number man. The next time I need a lawyer, I'm definitely calling you!

You've passed the basic test of what people said vs. what they did not say. Now you're clear to continue your political internet discussion. Enjoy your stay, and don't forget to tip the waitress.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis

You may be the one who needs to re-read history.

Before the Tea Act, The British East India Company was paying the crown 400,000 pounds a year. Before the party, The Company was struggling financially and was close to collapse. The Tea Act, through influence by The Company on the crown, allowed them to export tea duty free to the crown's colonies. All other importers still had to pay the duty.

Yeah, there was a tax there, but the genesis of that was in a corporation and its influence on a government. In that case, a dictatorship. :noway:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    You may be the one who needs to re-read history.

Before the Tea Act, The British East India Company was paying the crown 400,000 pounds a year. Before the party, The Company was struggling financially and was close to collapse. The Tea Act, through influence by The Company on the crown, allowed them to export tea duty free to the crown's colonies. All other importers still had to pay the duty.

Yeah, there was a tax there, but the genesis of that was in a corporation and its influence on a government. In that case, a dictatorship. :noway:

The word "taxes" kept appearing in your post, while you claim it wasn't about taxes.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    LOL. You're funny.

The only guy that wrote posts to me saying troll, says no one called me a troll.

Let me get your number man. The next time I need a lawyer, I'm definitely calling you!

I can call out your trolling tendencies without saying you're a troll. You're just illuminating the fact that you're not sensitive to details :ingo:

Top Bottom