• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    I currently own...and love...my Glock 19. It was the first semi-auto I fired and the second gun I ever shot. The only other handguns I have ever used were a .22 revolver and a 9mm Keltec. I didn't like how dinky the revolver was, nor did I like how much it hurt my hand to shoot the Keltec.

I would just stick with my Glock, but variety is the spice of life and I want another handgun. Any suggestions?

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Ruger GP100 SS 6 inch barrel.

Now what are you looking for? A plinker? Backup? Something in the same caliber? Collector piece? Buying another gun just to say you did?
    Think about it. Help INGO help you.

GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    Ruger GP100 SS 6 inch barrel.

Now what are you looking for? A plinker? Backup? Something in the same caliber? Collector piece? Buying another gun just to say you did?
    Think about it. Help INGO help you.

I would like something in the same caliber or maybe a little stronger and something that I can shoot without it being too expensive to buy ammo for. I know I do not really want a revolver. The only thing I'd use one for is to look pretty on my mantle.

A second G19 as a back-up... Two is 1 and 1 is none! :-)

That sounds like something my boyfriend would say. :)

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I'm not that familiar with glocks but maybe another glock but different size. Gives you familiarity with handling and more carry options. I have a Ruger SR40 and a SR40C. When I want more capacity the SR40. When concealabilty is top factor the SR40C is top choice.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I'd get a 1911 just for the heck of it. Then you can really confuse your Glock friends.
    Honestly, if you're into pistols vs revolvers, you've got one of the best defensive handguns, why not see what all the hoopla is about.
    Get a Ruger SR1911.

GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    I'm not that familiar with glocks but maybe another glock but different size. Gives you familiarity with handling and more carry options. I have a Ruger SR40 and a SR40C. When I want more capacity the SR40. When concealabilty is top factor the SR40C is top choice.

Going with another Glock might be a good idea. I've seen a few Sigs that I like the appearance, size, and weight, but I haven't had the chance to shoot one yet.

GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    I'd get a 1911 just for the heck of it. Then you can really confuse your Glock friends.
    Honestly, if you're into pistols vs revolvers, you've got one of the best defensive handguns, why not see what all the hoopla is about.
    Get a Ruger SR1911.

Maybe I'll just find someone who owns one and borrow theirs for the day. I have heard nothing good about 1911s. I'm not sure what is wrong with them so my opinion might just be skewed because of my boyfriend's thoughts.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    My wife and I love Sigs, 1911s, and Berettas...

Also, if it's not for defensive purposes just for fun/practice a 22 is a good choice. Shoot a lot more for a lot less money. M&P-22s are ultra reliable

dmg45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Clay County
    I have a Kahr P9 that I carry alot. I like it because I still have at least the punch of a 9mm and it is small enough to carry concealed very easy, it has night sights, it is a double auction only with a good trigger, no safety to worry about just like the glock, and I think it is somewhat compairable to a glock. It has a single stack mag that holds 7 rds. I also carry a glock 19, and I find them both easy to use.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    How about seeing if there is an INGO Meet &Shoot in your area. Great way to try out weapons.
    If there aren't any, maybe pick a day on the calendar, see if anyone on here and in your area wants to go shooting.
    Best way to judge a weapon is to shoot it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Also, South Bend is about an hour from Valparaiso.
    The NWI INGO group gets together for Meet & Shoots.
    We should have some more of these during the winter. Range time and sales.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ingo_events/239285-midnight_ingo_shoot_oct_27th_2012_a.html

We also shoot outside during the warmer months, at Winimac. We have the last of the year coming up this weekend.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...son_3_sun_18_nov_2012_nwi_meet_and_shoot.html

We have the Winimac hoots every month. There are all kinds of threads from previous ones I can link here when I get home, if you're interested.
    Fun, meeting fellow gunners, shooting, food.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Get a S&W M&P just to annoy CPT Nervous because I know how much he loves Glocks, haha!

The S&W M&P line is great. I have a .40 compact, and a .22 full size. The 40 is my carry pistol. The .22 allows me more practice than I could normally afford.
    (No, I do not fire only .22s to practice.)

Some don't like the 40, but then like the 9m.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Bersa Thunder 380 acp, Ruger LCP 380 acp, Walther/ S&W PPKS 380 acp, Sig 232
    380 acp, list goes on. Small 9mm (G26, or 40 cal-G27) are great 2nd guns.
    Rent a couple and see if you can deal with the recoil, and grip/ mechanics of each.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    I own a Walther PPS which I like quite a bit. Maybe you would too, since I also own and very much like my Glock 19. I think I might prefer a Walther P99, but I got the PPS for carry and can't justify both at this point in time...hmm :(

Top Bottom