• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    My wife has a G19 that she loves. Her summer gun is a LC9. All of the tiny 9s are going to snap a little. I would suggest trying either a LC9 or Shield (if you can find one).

Shootsforfun

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I vote for Glock 21SF .45 ACP .......OH wait thats my next handgun.......lol Seriously just shop around it's definately a personal thing....Advice or suggestions from this site is good for the most part, but listen to your soul......peace out...

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I laughed hysterically when I read this. With that sense of humor I think we'll get along swimmingly. :D

What's funny is that he wasn't being funny. ;) (And it's not a bad idea at all. Everyone should own one "off the books" that can be tossed without loss.)

I vote for Glock 21SF .45 ACP .......OH wait thats my next handgun.......lol Seriously just shop around it's definately a personal thing....Advice or suggestions from this site is good for the most part, but listen to your soul......peace out...

Mmmmmm, I love my 21SF. :yesway:

Options for 2nd firearm purchase...

Plinker: a .22 is the cheapest to keep fed. I just recently acquired a Ruger SR22. The Walther P22 is also highly recommended. Lots of people favor the Buckmarks, but my experience hasn't been all that great. YMMV.

Possibly EDC alternative: keeping the same caliber, Glock 26, Sig 2whateverthenumberis, Ruger SR9; or any of the GLock wanna-be's (I'm gonna catch so much crap for that :P) like the Springfield XD or the Smith M&P.

Completely different and just for fun: 1911. I used to hate them. Now I love them. For best value, I second the Ruger SR1911 if you can find one. My LGS can't get any in stock. Just about everybody has a 1911 out now though.

For spending money you don't have on a great pistol with so-so customer service and horrible first DA shot: H&K. I favor the P30L myself. But I think the USP is more common and more widely recognized.

You'll probably need to narrow down your requirements a bit. I mean, if you want different and fun the Desert Eagle is always an option. And don't settle for anything less than the .50AE :D

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    You have so many choices. However, since I've owned
    many different pistols over the years, my :twocents: ...

1. A similar size Glock in terms of pistol dimensions and barrel length.
    2. Another brand of semi-auto pistol w/ similar pistol dimensions and barrel length as your Glock.
    3. A slightly smaller semi-auto w/ approx. 4 inch barrel length. Think concealment, and accuracy.
    4. A wheel gun with at least a 3 in. barrel such as the Ruger SP-101.

Enjoy your quest for that second pistol! :D

GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    Those are some fantastic suggestions. I'm definitely going to have to go shooting quite a bit with some of these and see what I like. Any excuse to go out and shoot more is great for me! :D

As far as narrowing things down goes though...I do know that I'd eventually love an extremely powerful handgun...the only problem is that I'd have to build up strength to deal with the recoil. If I can ever deal with the kick of a Desert Eagle, I'd probably use that as my carry weapon.

What's funny is that he wasn't being funny. ;) (And it's not a bad idea at all. Everyone should own one "off the books" that can be tossed without loss.)

Mmmmmm, I love my 21SF. :yesway:

Options for 2nd firearm purchase...

Plinker: a .22 is the cheapest to keep fed. I just recently acquired a Ruger SR22. The Walther P22 is also highly recommended. Lots of people favor the Buckmarks, but my experience hasn't been all that great. YMMV.

Possibly EDC alternative: keeping the same caliber, Glock 26, Sig 2whateverthenumberis, Ruger SR9; or any of the GLock wanna-be's (I'm gonna catch so much crap for that :P) like the Springfield XD or the Smith M&P.

Completely different and just for fun: 1911. I used to hate them. Now I love them. For best value, I second the Ruger SR1911 if you can find one. My LGS can't get any in stock. Just about everybody has a 1911 out now though.

For spending money you don't have on a great pistol with so-so customer service and horrible first DA shot: H&K. I favor the P30L myself. But I think the USP is more common and more widely recognized.

You'll probably need to narrow down your requirements a bit. I mean, if you want different and fun the Desert Eagle is always an option. And don't settle for anything less than the .50AE :D

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    an Advantage Arms .22lr upper for your G19. Affordable to feed, good for practice for the day you may use the gun for its intended purpose, killing people.

Unless you are made of money, your next gun should be a G19 or at least a G17. That way you can run either 100% of your mags in 100% of your guns OR 100% of your mags in 50% of your guns.

GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    I'd prefer something other than a Glock. I already have one G19. I want to go with something different for more variety. I've heard a lot of good things about Sigs, so I'm thinking of going that route.

an Advantage Arms .22lr upper for your G19. Affordable to feed, good for practice for the day you may use the gun for its intended purpose, killing people.

Unless you are made of money, your next gun should be a G19 or at least a G17. That way you can run either 100% of your mags in 100% of your guns OR 100% of your mags in 50% of your guns.

pleiades

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    If I can ever deal with the kick of a Desert Eagle, I'd probably use that as my carry weapon
    You can always throw it at them! Yeah, old sad joke. My next one will be an M&P Shield. I will be going with a 9mm. If you were wanting a step up they come in 40 also. The video of appendix carry is what convinced me to go that way.

GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    You can always throw it at them! Yeah, old sad joke. My next one will be an M&P Shield. I will be going with a 9mm. If you were wanting a step up they come in 40 also. The video of appendix carry is what convinced me to go that way.

I was only being facetious. :D Although...the idea of blowing a hole in something is pretty neat.

Link to the video?

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I currently own...and love...my Glock 19. It was the first semi-auto I fired and the second gun I ever shot. The only other handguns I have ever used were a .22 revolver and a 9mm Keltec. I didn't like how dinky the revolver was, nor did I like how much it hurt my hand to shoot the Keltec.

I would just stick with my Glock, but variety is the spice of life and I want another handgun. Any suggestions?

Hi Baby!!!!!!!

How about a Talo G19 like mine? Or an FDE G19? Or an OD G19? Or a G19 with standard combat night sights?

They will look great in your new 1998 red Ford Explorer!!!!

Glerkhnerhnterhn!!!!!!

Danger Boy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Clark county
    Backup... 9mm
    Ruger LC9 is my favorite cc backup... If you already have a subcompact maybe that should be your back up... Stay with the same 9mm caliber. I'm a big fan of sig saur. The p250 is the entry level into the sig family... My son works selling guns and of all the ones he sells he loves my p250 compact.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Everyone needs a .22

Browning Buckmark
    Ruger MkIII or .22/.45

I have both and whichever one fits your hand better is the better one.

Ruger SR22 is the next one on my list. I shot one... it's very nice and has a more substantial feel than the Walther P22.

Top Bottom