• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Suspended simply because he refuses to accept fags.

The thought police are everywhere.

You miss the point of what the student said. He doesn't refuse to "accept fags"; he believes their behavior is immoral. Where the GLTG folks make their mistake (to put it charitably) is to portray Christians as "haters" because we oppose their sexuality, when what we oppose is their behavior, not themselves.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Let me guess, you are still mad that women and blacks can own property and vote too right? What about whites and blacks being able to marry, that get your blood boiling?

The ignorance of people is astounding.

May we assume you're talking about yourself, here? Nothing J_Wales wrote there indicated whether or not he agreed with that statement; he merely rephrased what he thought the student said in crude terms. YOU apparently are the one making inferences with inadequate justification.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Let me guess, you are still mad that women and blacks can own property and vote too right? What about whites and blacks being able to marry, that get your blood boiling?

The ignorance of people is astounding.

People cannot choose the amount of melanin in their skin nor what reproductive organs they have.

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    People cannot choose the amount of melanin in their skin nor what reproductive organs they have.

Michael Jackson would like to disagree

In all seriousness though, i don't agree that this kid deserved punishment. Had he directly attacked a fellow student about their orientation on the other hand, my opinion would change. Simply saying one believes homosexuality is wrong is fine, but verbally attacking an individual is not ok. Just my .02...

Last edited:

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Michael Jackson would like to disagree

In all seriousness though, i don't agree that this kid deserved punishment. Had he directly attacked a fellow student about their orientation on the other hand, my opinion would change. Simply saying one believes homosexuality is wrong is fine, but verbally attacking an individual is not ok. Just my .02...

The problem seems to be that believing homosexuality is wrong is the same as attacking one who is a homosexual. I have been told before if I disagree with a person's sexual choices, then it is the same as attacking them personally.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    We really need to have some sort of thought reading system. We could get rid of those that do not think properly. Hate thought must be stamped out.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    We really need to have some sort of thought reading system. We could get rid of those that do not think properly. Hate thought must be stamped out.

Maybe we could starte with "Hate Crime" legislation.

Top Bottom