"Strictly Shooting" Indoor Range (Evansville, IN)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AftermatH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    When is this? Every time I go there its packed! Only one time it wasn't, it was raining and still several people there.

I was just there Wednesday night and there was 1 person there when I got there and then 2 more came a little after I was there. I'm going to try my luck again tonight.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    I been all over this one:

http://www.wssc.us

and I couldn't find anything about becoming a member.

I also heard a crazy rumor that the WSSC did not allow female members. Can someone confirm or deny that? I would never join a gun club that would not welcome my wife or daughter. I doubt either would shoot with me often but I'd like that possibility open. Not to mention that is a pretty crazy stupid rule to have.

Last edited:

hick185

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    I don't want to derail this thread but I was wondering about dave's. I've been there a few times over the years. Looked but never bought anything. Well now I'm looking for a new pistol so I was wondering if anyone knows about the rentals they or anyone else in southern indiana have. If the Mods want I'll start a new thread. Sorry for the derail.

redbaron

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Elberfeld
    Dave's does rent pistols. They are $10 per hour and then the $10 range fee. You supply the ammo. They have a few Kahrs, XD's and some glocks of various calibers for rent.

AftermatH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    I'm on my way to sugar ridge. I'll be in a red Taurus and have the family with me.

Hey, sorry I just now saw this. I didn't realize that was you or I would have come said Hi. I was there with my brother, you guys waved as I was leaving.

redbaron

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Elberfeld
    Yeah, kids were pretty excited when we got there and you guys were busy shooting, otherwise I would have walked over when we first got there.

zombiekilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    Mt. Vernon
    Been to SS many times and get mad everytime I'm there. When I was building my house I went in there to look at safes. They had 2 on the floor and 1 was sold. I was only guy in the place and had to go to the coounter to get somebody. The guy acted like it would be a giant pain for him to order one so my wife and I left. Went to Rajo's and bought one right then. As far as I'm concerned they could close, I do all my business at Red Ghost and Rajo's anyway.(prefer Red Ghost)

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    And may I ask where you shoot at now Zombiekilla?

I'm still trying to find a place. I'm looking into the various clubs (trying to) but they seem nearly as expensive as SS.

zombiekilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    Mt. Vernon
    I do all of my shooting in my backyard. I have 5 acres, so I can shoot pretty far. Plus my Dad has a 30 acre field behind me and after that it is the Ohio River bottoms.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    There is a new gun shop in S.W. Indiana just north of Evansville.
    Great guys and he is a gunsmith not just someone that sells guns.
    Right to Bear Arms
    265 E 925 S
    Haubstadt, IN 47639
    It is up on the hill just north of the racetrack.:rockwoot:

Hkfiend

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    in the Ford Galaxy
    Not a big fan of SS. I've gone in there a few times since I moved back to Evansville and every time they are more worried with whatever they are doing instead of helping the few customers they have in there.

Top Bottom