• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    One foggy summer morning three of us met with a plan to spend the day fishing. We parked along a country road and waited for the landowner to come along and unlock a gate. When he showed up and unlocked the gate our four trucks were the only ones parked along the road and there were woods all around.

The three of us walked down a narrow lane through the fog and then through a grove of young oak trees that bordered the pond where we planned on fishing. On the near edge of the pond there is a dock with a small picnic table nearby. As I was setting down my tackle box one of my buddies said "Hey, look at that."

On the table there was a black lacy bra and a coffee cup, one of the styrofoam type cups from a mini-mart. The coffee was still hot and had steam rising from it. We never saw anyone or any other signs of a person being out there. We didn't know if we had interrupted somebody skinny dipping or getting lucky on the picnic table. We weren't being quiet as we walked up so we figured whoever it was must have heard our voices and took off.

Do you still have that bra? My wife wants it back:)

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    Thread Resurrection.

While at Ravenna Arsenal, for my AT w/Natl Guard.

While setting up our Field Site in the middle of nowhere, one of my Troops who was digging his fighting position. Uncovered a pile of clothes, web gear, silverware and a rusty weapon.
    Never figured the who,what or whys on this but our imaginations went into overdrive.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    Thread Resurrection.

While at Ravenna Arsenal, for my AT w/Natl Guard.

While setting up our Field Site in the middle of nowhere, one of my Troops who was digging his fighting position. Uncovered a pile of clothes, web gear, silverware and a rusty weapon.
    Never figured the who,what or whys on this but our imaginations went into overdrive.

Now thats pretty wild. Was it an M-16 that he dug up? Think maybe someone who went AWOL?

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    strange

While out in Death Valley my wife and I went out driving at about 11pm. Wanted to see how the stars looked that far away from anything. The moon was so bright we couldn't see any stars. Booo. Anyway, as we were driving we see some shadow legs walking across the road in front of us. We got up to where they were and there was no one there. Very strange

While camping at Patoka lake a few years ago we were driving past the water tower and it was surrounded by turkey vultures standing facing the tower with their wings out. Worshiping the water tower I guess. Oh mighty water tower....

Jason

wpmason

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Down in Morgan-Monroe SF there's a tree with a giant boulder in it... 30+ feet off the ground. That's pretty interesting.

I also once encountered a gray squirrel that needed 4 .22 shots to die. First shot was when it was running along a branch, got him in the hip but knocked him to the ground. Hit it again in the shoulder before it scampered into a hollow log. Two shots at less than 5 feet before I could drag it out... wasn't even worth keeping at that point. The last shot took its head off. Zombie squirrel, I swear.

And after a summer hike, heading along the road back to the car saw a baby copperhead warming itself on the asphalt. It wasn't scared at all, so we didn't mess with it much.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    While clearing a trail in our woods, I found a golf club. It was a lefty club, so I know it isn't ours. There are no houses within a half mile from anywhere where I found the club, so I have no clue how it got there. It wasn't in too bad of shape either, so it couldn't have been out in the woods for more than a year.

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    Groundhog....11ft up a tree, red fox swimming cicles with a stick in its mouth, later learned the fleas climb up to the stick and the fox lets go. An Albino hawk

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Roughly 10 years ago. Winamac state fish and game area. Muzzleloader season. Got to the parking area early one morning. Instead of napping I decided to get up in my stand because it was a gorgeous night, full moon, with fresh snow from earlier in the night. Thought it would be interesting to see if there were any fresh tracks in the snow. Got up in my stand but even though it was still dark, because of the moon and the snow, could see quite well through the woods. A large group of deer, maybe 10 or 12, came into my woods at a trot, mostly does. They were running around in a big circle, bleating. A few of them would rear up a little on the hind legs in mid stride and try to knock the deer ahead off balance with its front lefgs and push the other deer down in the snow, very playful, like a bunch of little kids at recess. Never saw anything like it before or since.

hfdcowboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    When i was about 8 i was walking to school and we always cut through a field with a small creek running threw it. I looked down and seen a knife on the bottom. After i retrieved i noticed it was a double blade knife it had a makeshift sheath wraped in duck tape. I put it in my back pack, and after school showed it to my dad. He took it and told me i could not have it. Many years later he gave it back to me in a leather sheath with my name on it. I still have it to this day in my safe.

Kinda cool havent thoght about it in years.

Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    We had just gotten a new Shepherd Mix puppy and my young daughters wanted to take it to a park to play with her. Off we went to a park that was located just off Fall Creek Road as you drive towards Geist. This park has since closed down.

As we drove into this park the first thing that I saw was about 6 vehicles all "combat parked." This means that they were backed into the parking spaces ready for a quick get away. This was the beginning of a multi-WTF moment.

Next I noticed that all these combat parked vehicles were parked facing the bathroom....wtf

Then I saw that all the parked vehicles had males sitting in them and they were really interested in the bathroom as all of them were watching it paying us no heed.....wtf

My girls were excited about getting the puppy out and letting it run in the park. We only had the dog out for a few minutes when I packed everyone up and got out of there, it was just too weird. I have never saw anything like that before or since.

As we drove out of the park, all the males were target fixated on the bathroom. Not one turned their heads from the bathroom as we left.....wtf

I had been in the military for over 20-years and had just came to Indy from a tour in South Korea and didn't understand what had happened, as I never saw this.

Several weeks later on the news it was explained, this was when news used to be reported. One of the local stations ran a series explaining how gay men were meeting and having sex in local parks. The gay men would meet for sex with each other in park bathrooms or in the woods and trails.

We never went back to that park.

Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I was leading a patrol at Ft. Benning, GA and we were deep in the woods and startled an armadillo. The armadillo panicked and took off down the line of troops in the patrol.

He eventually ran into a soldier, bounced off, spun around and ran off in the direction that he just came from. He ran into another soldier and rocketed up his leg; the soldier screaming. When the dillo got up to his waist the soldier was able to push the armadillo off of him. The dillo then took off into the woods.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    While deer hunting I seen an owl swoop out of a tree and attack a squirrel. There was a bit of rolling around on the leaves before the squirrel escaped and ran up a tree.

I also had an owl land in a tree about 10' over my right shoulder while in a deer stand. He was turning his head all the way around back and forth as I watched him. The intensity in his eyes was really cool!

I too have seen deer playing. What was probably a mom and two yearlings were within 40 yards of my stand running 100' one way then turning back and forth, taking a break only to sniff each other.

A hole in a large tree stump about 6' tall that had all kinds of different colored spray paint inside. Found out later teenagers use it for "huffing". Spraying the paint inside then sticking their head in the hole and getting high off the fumes. :rolleyes:

Besides that, just condoms and neked teenagers laying in the grass going about their bidness.

Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Then there was the time when I was on a FTX (field training exercise) at Ft. Campbell, KY and it was during one of the first field exercises that I was on that we used thermal night vision devices.

On this fateful night, I had set out a 1-man OP (observation post) a few hundred feet in front of us.

Later that night we started to play with the new thermal sights and scanning the area around us with the sights familiarizing ourselves with the controls.

Lo and behold we saw our OP on the thermals in a most awkward position.......

The OP was maintaining his vigilance, M-16 slung across his back, AN/PVS-5 NODs (night observation device) on his face and he was scanning the sector. The AN/PVS-5 uses light to magnify the brightness and didn't have the range of the thermals.

The OP was confident that we could see what he was doing and not understanding thermal technology, he kept doing what he was doing and that was jerkin the gerkin.

My gunner was on the thermal giving us a play by play (stroke by stroke) account of the proceedings out yonder. There is only one thing to do in situations such as this .....

We called out to him interrupting his session. We were asking him if he was okay. He'd stop doing what he was doing as we yelled back and forth, then start again when he was done speaking.

He never once shirked his duties out there, even though he was probably distracting himself somewhat.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Many years ago I was hunting a property near Bloomington during bow season after work. Saw a vehicle pull up to the end of the road and watched a man and woman get out of the car and start heading my way into the woods. Hoping they would pass-by or leave and not ruin my evening hunt, I sat quiet in my tree stand. In a few short minutes, they were going at it,...I mean full on "pile-driver doing the deed". Felt like a voyeur,...didn't know if I should cheer him on.

That my fiends, is the strangest thing I have ever seen in the woods while hunting and I am grateful to this day, due to the proximity of the city I was near that it was not two dudes.

Dirty Steve

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Many years ago I was hunting a property near Bloomington during bow season after work. Saw a vehicle pull up to the end of the road and watched a man and woman get out of the car and start heading my way into the woods. Hoping they would pass-by or leave and not ruin my evening hunt, I sat quiet in my tree stand. In a few short minutes, they were going at it,...I mean full on "pile-driver doing the deed". Felt like a voyeur,...didn't know if I should cheer him on.

That my fiends, is the strangest thing I have ever seen in the woods while hunting and I am grateful to this day, due to the proximity of the city I was near that it was not two dudes.

Dirty Steve

I'd have given them a standing ovation once they had finished.

Top Bottom