• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I recently saw Jetgirl's blonde hair photo from Thursday.

She could pass for 25.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    I'm sure that the terms as "plain view, probable cause, reasonable suspicion, constructive possession, and access" have very different definitions to many here.

The fact being is that given the circumstances of any particular encounter, may or may not be considered when painting a picture to a judge to suppress evidence presented by the prosecution.

• A rifle in plain view in the back seat of a car may very well be of concern to a police officer in the city after dark, while merely typical in the more rural parts of the state. Though such a find may be of special consideration if a recent shooting occurred reasonably nearby to the stop.

• A beat up Chevy in the typically poor and high crime ridden areas of the city, would certainly stand out as being out of place in a suburban neighborhood where the mean value of homes run $500k.

• A white cargo van driving down the street at 3am with new electronics, would garner high police attention after a report of a break-in at a local Rent-a-Center.

• A 2012 black BMW driving nearby a school, of which a similar automobile has been reported as involved in drug activity near a local high school, certainly would be concern to law enforcement.

• A LTCH presented that does not match the physical description of the person presenting same, certainly warrants further police scrutiny and should be investigated.
    In of itself, not one of the above circumstances would necessarily present itself to be of probable cause to effect an arrest. However, the police do have the authority to investigate criminal activity that is about to occur, is occurring, or has occurred. They do such with the tools provided to them by the statutory and common law, and to deny LE these abilities, would be as fatal as living in a society that had no rule of law.

Not a single of the above except your made up LTC situation have any bearing on whether or not a person is "dangerous" or is commiting or about to commit an illegal act.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Not a single of the above except your made up LTC situation have any bearing on whether or not a person is "dangerous" or is commiting or about to commit an illegal act.

Whatever dude. Just keep drinking that Kool Aid. :laugh:

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Pathetic how many cops get jumpy when a law abiding citizen has a firearm

It is pathetic. Though it doesn't help to have a bunch of know-it-alls thinking they that they can be a bunch of dicks and positively contribute to the situation.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    It is pathetic. Though it doesn't help to have a bunch of know-it-alls thinking they that they can be a bunch of dicks and positively contribute to the situation.

You know what, you've inspired me.

The next time I'm stopped, I'm going to say "no, I don't have a permit" and then shut my mouth until I feel I've wasted enough of everybody's time, then I'm going to produce my license and say "now destroy every record of me being here or I'll sue your ***."

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

The next time I'm stopped, I'm going to say "no, I don't have a permit" and then shut my mouth until I feel I've wasted enough of everybody's time, then I'm going to produce my license and say "now destroy every record of me being here or I'll sue your ***."
    FTW :rockwoot:I love it.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

The next time I'm stopped, I'm going to say "no, I don't have a permit" and then shut my mouth until I feel I've wasted enough of everybody's time, then I'm going to produce my license and say "now destroy every record of me being here in accordance with the Indiana Code or I'll sue your ***."

Ever hear or read the phrase, "You can beat the rap, but you can't beat the ride."?

Top Bottom