• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Come on now, this has been going on long enough. SNS, will you please tell us how the Officer took your AR from your Jeep (assumed) so easily and quickly? Inquiring minds want to know. I know I do.

You must have given the Officer your key.

You all can continue with your discussion of the Laws that cover the various very good points of argument covering the essence of our 2nd and 4th Amendments. :>)

Post #130
    Its basically a steel gunrack with a locking cover that keeps the weapon secured to my vehicle.

I lock it when I go someplace and unlock it when I am in my vehicle, When I am at work Im in my vehicle, I stay in my vehicle.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I wasn't aware that driving a particular make of car made someone eminently dangerous. That's why I love the net... I learn something new every day.

I suppose a $100 Dodge Dart in a rich neighborhood, or a $150,000 Mercedes Benz in the ghetto would be an obvious clue to something being out of place.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I suppose a $100 Dodge Dart in a rich neighborhood, or a $150,000 Mercedes Benz in the ghetto would be an obvious clue to something being out of place.

Out of place, yes. Meeting the requirements spelled out in Indiana code? Imminent risk?

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    To PKendall: You say no more schooling until fall but I bet you are learning more on INGO than you did in some of your classes. Hope you enjoy lively discussions!

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    What and how do we know anything.?

The general location is provided, but I don't know the area's criminal activities.

We know the time is after dark, but what time? Is it 9pm, or 3am? What is the ability to view anything without the assistance of a flashlight?

Does the make, model, condition of automobile contribute to an officer's suspicion? Should it?

What is the demeanor of the driver?

I could go on, but you get the point that the totality of the circumstances equate to an officer's assessment of the situation.

1030pm, infront of a marathon gas station,
    1992 Ford Bronco XLT Camo in color, soft top with windows removed with Army Veteran plates and 102'' whip antenna, 31'' tires
    Friendly Calm inquiring demeanor of the driver
    Driver no violent felonies or any felonies, and extremely compliant.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    1030pm, infront of a marathon gas station,
    1992 Ford Bronco XLT Camo in color, soft top with windows removed with Army Veteran plates and 102'' whip antenna, 31'' tires
    Friendly Calm inquiring demeanor of the driver
    Driver no violent felonies or any felonies, and extremely compliant.

Now if you factor the "totality of circumstances" with the need for "officer safety", you will realize it was "for the children".

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Isn't that the same concept some people use for wanting to seize and eliminate all firearms in this country? The laws don't work so we need to physically take the guns away then 'we'd all be a lot happier'. :dunno:

Isn't what the same concept?

Trying to eliminate firearms because we can't eliminate people? I guess.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Now if you factor the "totality of circumstances" with the need for "officer safety", you will realize it was "for the children".

Cool.

Now tell me what the officer knew, as well as what he saw.

Top Bottom