• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm just surprised. Usually, UPS drops off after my son is home and before I'm home. Can you imagine the backlash on UPS for handing an 11yr old a box of ammo?

ABolt243

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Shelbyville, IL
    Can UPS tell you who signed? If you have the tracking number, you should be able to find that online as well. I've had packages, (not ammo) show delivered online and they were dropped at the USPS (Post Office). I picked them up there.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    I've received ammo without anyone signing.
    I've never signed for any ammo dropped at the door. Either from Palmetto State or Cabelas. I talked to the UPS driver and asked him why I didn't have to sign. He said the sender has to require it. He said he knew it was ammo cause of the boxes and weight. He said there was no UPS policy that said a signature on ammo. :dunno:

To the OP, I hope that your ammo and other items are replaced easily. Best of luck to you.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Come to think of it, the three places I've ordered ORM-D items from - all had a box to optionally require signature on delivery. I don't remember if it cost extra, as I opted not to as I knew I would be home to receive them.

HandyAndy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Fort Wayne (SWAC)
    As someone who used to drive for Fed-Ex Ground, I can also tell you that it depends on your relationship with whom you are delivering. I don't know how often you speak to your ups driver, but I know I had many people on my route that would I would just make a squiggly line on the sig pad if they were not home because they received deliveries every day and they needed their stuff. Now I'm not saying that it was always ok to do, nor do I know if UPS has a policy forbidding this, but it can and does happen often.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Call your bank or credit card, and dispute the charges. Do it within 90 days. Problem solved.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Call your bank or credit card, and dispute the charges. Do it within 90 days. Problem solved.
    I was going to suggest this as well, however, the bank or card company may side with the seller when they provide shipping and delivery confirmation.

Would have to wait and see, I'd use this as the last option.

AttackMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Nomad
    Can UPS tell you who signed? If you have the tracking number, you should be able to find that online as well. I've had packages, (not ammo) show delivered online and they were dropped at the USPS (Post Office). I picked them up there.

No one signed so I don't think that will be helpful lol

I will dispute with CC company of it comes to that but I am hoping it can be resolved amicably.

AttackMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Nomad
    Update

I called ammoman and they said they had initiated the tracer and that it usually took about 10 days. 10 days!!! She seemed a little annoyed that I was following up but I politely explained that beyond just her and me sorting our business out I wanted to file a police report but don't want to file something to then find out I filed a false report if it is found in a warehouse somewhere. So if she could please advise me the moment she confirmed whether it was stolen or not so I could do that-she seemed to understand and was more reasonable then (never rude just appeared a little annoyed). Can't believe I have to wait 10 days. It doesn't even take that long to ship why would it take that long to track?:n00b: (sigh)

AttackMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Nomad
    So UPS called me 4 days ago and confirmed that I hadn't received it. The next day the UPS guy had me sign a sheet saying I never received it. And the wait continues.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka

I was going to suggest this as well, however, the bank or card company may side with the seller when they provide shipping and delivery confirmation.

Would have to wait and see, I'd use this as the last option.

So UPS called me 4 days ago and confirmed that I hadn't received it. The next day the UPS guy had me sign a sheet saying I never received it. And the wait continues.

If the shipper gives you a hard time, you can take what you have so far, file a police report, THEN complain to your credit card company to reverse the charges.

I would call the shipper and ask them to replace what's missing while you wait. If they want their other package returned once found, ask them if you may pay for it to keep it, or send you a return shiping label and you'll promptly return it (once found)

Just a few suggestions I had.

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    I have ordered lots of ammo on line from retailers, and have never has to sign for it. They just leave it at the door and ring the bell.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Ammo is one of those of things that "require a signature in person" if the driver just dropped it off on your doorstep they could be in a lot of trouble as well.
    I've had ammo delivered to my home twice with no one home... if it "requires signature" then UPS needs to pull it's head out of its posterior.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Came home today to find a delivery of ammo between my 2 front doors. Must have been because it was raining and no one there to receive it. Usually he just leaves it on the steps when we're not home. Leaving it on the steps in plain view always concerned me since tons of school children walk within a couple of feet from my steps.

Top Bottom