• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Was this from a retailer? Ammo typically requires a signature for delivery.

Ammo is one of those of things that "require a signature in person" if the driver just dropped it off on your doorstep they could be in a lot of trouble as well.
    Labeled ORM-D and left on my step (in front of the house, in plain view of the street) on numerous occasions by UPS.

If signature is required, it's not up to the carrier to figure that out - but the shipper to designate it upon shipping. If any liability would fall back for not requiring a signature, would likely fall back on the shipper. It's likely a cost-cutting method as some shippers charge more if a signature is required.

Beyond that, I'm not sure if an "ORM-D" sticker alone would signify to the shipper that they should ask for a signature.

All of that being said - UPS has delivered 3 out of 5 packages to my door, and 2 of the 5 to my neighbor before and just last week they delivered 4 out of 5 but marked all 5 as delivered, with the fifth nowhere to be found.

BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    I recently shipped an item to Colorado via FedEx and the perfectly packaged box arrived at its desitnation having been cut open on the side of the box and taped back shut. There was a box within the box and the contents were removed and the internal box replaced and taped over. The driver handed it to the recipient in this condition. I filed a claim and as of yet have not heard from FedEx. They will want to give me $100 and tell me to move on. I am not going to let it drop at that. Also, I am putting cameras up outside my home very soon. I am so sick and tired of thieves and crooks.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I recently shipped an item to Colorado via FedEx and the perfectly packaged box arrived at its desitnation having been cut open on the side of the box and taped back shut. There was a box within the box and the contents were removed and the internal box replaced and taped over. The driver handed it to the recipient in this condition. I filed a claim and as of yet have not heard from FedEx. They will want to give me $100 and tell me to move on. I am not going to let it drop at that. Also, I am putting cameras up outside my home very soon. I am so sick and tired of thieves and crooks.
    If $100 is what they value un-insured packages at, and you didn't insure it for more than that - it's all they're going to give you and, short of taking them to court, you probably won't get any more than that.

That being said, thieves suck.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    And Sweet Brown is so right.

sweet_brown_zps10cf4931.gif

AttackMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Nomad

Is there any chance a drug sniffing dog played a role in this...?

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Wow, this is a mess. I've ordered ammo for 3 years online and each one delivered without any signature at all. They just leave it at the front door. This is scary.

AttackMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Nomad
    Yeah-we've only lived here for 6 months and already we've had stuff stolen off our porch and this is a nice area, not a lot of people just randomly wandering by so I don't understand it. I guess the upside is it has renewed our vigilance at little personal cost.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Yeah-we've only lived here for 6 months and already we've had stuff stolen off our porch and this is a nice area, not a lot of people just randomly wandering by so I don't understand it. I guess the upside is it has renewed our vigilance at little personal cost.
    If it's little miscellaneous stuff it could just be kids.

That being said, some criminals do leave their 'home turf' to browse the available wares in nicer parts of town. Living in a nice neighborhood doesn't preclude you from crime which I'm sure you obviously know.

Maybe post one of these? http://readytodefend.com/

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    if delivery is not confirmed with a name and a signature, blame will automatically go back to the shipper, per UPS policy. it is the shipper's duty to work out the crap with UPS and obtain credit, not yours.

AttackMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Nomad
    if delivery is not confirmed with a name and a signature, blame will automatically go back to the shipper, per UPS policy. it is the shipper's duty to work out the crap with UPS and obtain credit, not yours.

Yeah. Which is silly because shipper has my money and UPS has "done their job" which doesn't leave a lot of incentive (aside from desiring my repeat business) for acting quickly to sort the situation out. I'm not saying they won't I'm just saying the incentive structure is not in my favor.

AttackMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Nomad
    I think you can request to UPS to not leave a package without a signature or you can request to pick it up at the UPS hub. Safer but not very convenient

Where were you a few weeks ago? ;)

I talked with the driver to see if maybe he left it somewhere funny or knew something I didn't (he happened to drop a package off minutes after I confirmed that the delivery was missing) and he said that it was a big deal if ammo was missing and that if he sees the ORM-D sticker he usually gets people to sign. Dunno if it's true or not but that's what he said.

bberg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    But did you ask the driver if he would at least give back the brass when he finished shooting it:D

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I thought ammo was a restricted item that required proof of age and adult signature. Ammoman's web says proof of age can be on file. UPS rules are hard to find.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    My last 3-4 ammo shipments I've not had to sign for... all depends on how the individual retailer ships it.

Top Bottom