Stocks, Gold, Silver, and the printing press.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Their probibly pissed about the shipment of fake gold bars we sent them awhile back . 5600/ 400 0z bars. Most people probibly havent even heard about it.

That's quite interesting. I haven't, like you said, heard of that one.
    Do you have a link or reference of some kind to back that up?

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    That's quite interesting. I haven't, like you said, heard of that one.
    Do you have a link or reference of some kind to back that up?

Not off hand,but if you look up U.S sends China fake gold. sure it'll return something. It was a while back.If you cant find anything let me know and I'll search for it. I saw it on My Morgan Keegan account awhile back.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Not off hand,but if you look up U.S sends China fake gold. sure it'll return something. It was a while back.If you cant find anything let me know and I'll search for it. I saw it on My Morgan Keegan account awhile back.

Found a few articles. Seems like much ado at the time, yet nothing came of it. I wonder what trade consessions the US made to China to smooth that one over?

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    It never hit the main stream media,but you can bet they dont trust us and some sort of back stage deal was struck.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Interesting things going on today.I will add anyone who sells silver at this point is insane.When Apmex is offering 3 dollars over spot for American Eagles,it is time to hold them for sure.IE Apmex is nearly out of physical silver.

Apmex Starts Reverse Inquiry: Seeks To Buy "Any Quantity" Of Silver From Clients At $3 Over Spot | zero hedge

guess that answers the lingering question in my household about whether we buy more or not. May not even have the choice.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    guess that answers the lingering question in my household about whether we buy more or not. May not even have the choice.

I have a feeling that, even at $50 p/oz, silver is still attractive.

JP Morgan has yet to cover nearly 80% of their naked short positions, and that amounts to about $100 Billion of exposure in an industry that only mines about $10 Billion in new silver per year. As invenstors are demanding to take physical possession of the metals, these 'paper' sellers are having to cover them, buying at today's prices, not what they sold the position for. Thus, driving prices up, up, up!

I agree with Smokingman, anyone who looks short term and sells now is an utter idiot. Go Long! Go Long! Go Long! :rockwoot:

If the demand to hold physical silver continues, we may be seeing the next of the TBTF banks going under. Of course (shades of purple) the Giverment can never let that happen and will move to print yet even more worthless dollars to bail them out to :xmad: That is, if the economy can withstand it. Which I highly doubt.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I thought I was done buying silver till this morning when my wife (a sheeple) asked about silver being $50 an ounce and what that meant. Then she asked what we had and what we paid for it. I told her everything and asked if she thought I should buy more and she was thinking hard on it.

At $50 an ounce I've been thinking that the money could be spent wiser in other places, but this economy and the crazy BS going on in Washington doesn't seem to be getting any better so I bought more this morning from APMEX. Especially after reading the email I got from APMEX about buying back the precious metals I just figured it's time to place another order.

People are still buying precious metals for a reason.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    People are still buying precious metals for a reason.
    A couple reasons for that I feel...
    1.) People feel it is a decent investment...
    As good as a reason as any...
    2.) Some feel that having Precious Metals on hand during and after an economic collapse will give them a form of currency...
    I feel this is one of the most misguided reasons I have heard. These People really need to study what actually happens in a Country that is collapsing or has collapsed...

As for me...
    I'll just keep buying Land... :dunno:

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    A couple reasons for that I feel...
    1.) People feel it is a decent investment...
    As good as a reason as any...
    2.) Some feel that having Precious Metals on hand during and after an economic collapse will give them a form of currency...
    I feel this is one of the most misguided reasons I have heard. These People really need to study what actually happens in a Country that is collapsing or has collapsed...

As for me...
    I'll just keep buying Land... :dunno:

Only thing bad about buying land is.Taxes and insurance. 2% taxes. Dont get me wrong I own some land.But I still worry about being able to keep it,in the event of a collapse.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Believe me that I would much rather have a chunk of land over an equal amounts worth of silver any day of the week, but I haven't found my dream homesite yet. I'm actually going to go look at some acres tonight, and if I like it I'd be more than happy to cash out all my silver at a profit to make the deal happen.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Glad I didn't buy at $49 and some change. Still wish I would have jumped at $34 when I wanted to. (Stupid hubby.)
    I really don't think it will be long when people start wishing they got in at $49. Either way, banking FRNs is a losing bet, especially if we see QE3.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    the only reason to be glad you didnt buy silver at 49 was if you planned on selling it the next day. right now if i had the spare money to buy silver, i would. but i also plan on keeping it for several years atleast.

Top Bottom