Stocks, Gold, Silver, and the printing press.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    The government is going to confiscate all of your gold and silver, again.

Bury your treasure!

:patriot: :spend: :spend: :spend: :scratch: :ugh: :runaway: :alcoholic: :shoot: :biggun: :tantrum: :nopity: :toilet2: :poop:

I think we're at the face palm stage right now. Panic is next.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I really don't think it will be long when people start wishing they got in at $49. Either way, banking FRNs is a losing bet, especially if we see QE3.

I don't know. Have you seen what it did after Reagan was elected? We are definitely not at the point of no return, and I do not necessarily see it staying up where it is indefinitely.

silver_all_data_o_usd.png

It could. And right now, I can easily see it happening. But on the chance that we get out of this economic mess at all, I really don't see it staying up there.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    I don't know. Have you seen what it did after Reagan was elected? We are definitely not at the point of no return, and I do not necessarily see it staying up where it is indefinitely.

It could. And right now, I can easily see it happening. But on the chance that we get out of this economic mess at all, I really don't see it staying up there.

I lived through that bubble, got greedy and sold my 3 oz gold stash much too soon! Young and dumb back then! We'll see what happens tomorrow at Bernanke's presser. My uneducated guess is that he will make some kind of announcement to prop the dollar. My uneducated guess regarding its effect on silver is that it will cause a little dip (buying opportunity,) and there will be wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth by the sheep. This will be reinforced by the media with stories about silver falling and the ride being over.

Energy costs are still rising, unemployment is still very high, food costs are rising and Obama is easing us into another war in a Muslim country. So, what really changed?

This is why I am ditching my banked FRNs for PMs. I have much more faith in shiny metal than the "Full faith and credit" of our country at this point in time.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Only thing bad about buying land is.Taxes and insurance. 2% taxes. Dont get me wrong I own some land.But I still worry about being able to keep it,in the event of a collapse.
    Not that hard when you buy land that is productive and not just idle... ;)
    Believe me that I would much rather have a chunk of land over an equal amounts worth of silver any day of the week, but I haven't found my dream homesite yet. I'm actually going to go look at some acres tonight, and if I like it I'd be more than happy to cash out all my silver at a profit to make the deal happen.
    Huh...
    It is kinda like you buying Silver instead of Gold. I suspect you would much rather be buying Gold, but due to economic pressures you buy the Silver. So start out by buying land that is of a lesser value than the dream property that you are looking for. The trick is to be able to anticipate where land is going to becoming valuable at...
    In the event of a collapse, you'll be able to own as much land as you can defend.

That's how feifdoms start.
    I am planning to begin reviewing Positions for Serfs...

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Well you can forget it. There's no way I'm painting myself blue and wearing a funny hat and living in a mushroom and...oh wait...you said serfs.

Yeah, I could get on board with that. Will you be a benevolent Lord or just a jerk?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008

The chart makes it look like it's a bubble about to pop and that right now is the peak of things. If the next election was within a year and there was a clear conservative front runner and not a divided opponent to Obama I would probably agree with that. However, in my opinion Obama is more than likely going to get a second term and if so we're going to wish we'd have bought silver at $50 an oz. I desperately hope I'm wrong, but that's the way it looks to me.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

The price collapse was prior to Reagan's election. See, Educate Yourself - The Hunt Brothers and the Silver Bubble

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    The price collapse was prior to Reagan's election. See, Educate Yourself - The Hunt Brothers and the Silver Bubble

:n00b:

Plus, with the Hunt Bros, the price of silver was artificially inflated, thus causing the bubble.
    In today's market, it's the opposite. The price has been intentionally diluted by paper silver contracts that don't correlate to actual silver holdings by the financial institution that sells them. Therefore, I believe that part of the reason for the rise in price has to do with consumers demanding the physical metals instead of being content with letting some other entity manage their holdings.

Silver generally tracks with gold at about a 25:1 ratio, presently it's still very much undervalued by almost 10% at 34:1.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Well you can forget it. There's no way I'm painting myself blue and wearing a funny hat and living in a mushroom and...oh wait...you said serfs.

Yeah, I could get on board with that. Will you be a benevolent Lord or just a jerk?

Depends on whether I have had my Coffee yet or not...
    Judging from past experience that is...

By the way the only Positions left open for Selection is Courtesan and Jester...

Which would you be applying for?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I think you'd be sorely disappointed if you hired me as coutesan.

I would hate to be accused of not Be an Equal Opportunity Employer...

I really suspect you would probably not make it past the selection process...

So what you are saying is that you would like to apply for the Position of Court Jester?!

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I'll just be your opposing Fuedal Lord. My serfs will kick your serfs ass!

Barring that...I think I might just be head rabble rouser. Sure it's risky, but what is life without a little adventure.

While Jester sounds like a nice gig, I'm too moody to be "on" all the time.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Well, since I was a good American citizen working this afternoon, I wasn't able to take advantage of the dip in PMs. Gold is now up $20.00 and Silver is up $2.18 since this morning.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    As measured with dollars. How much did the price of everything go up along with the market?

Any increase in the market is a wash at this point.

It was locked in for 7 years,so anytime I make money I'll take it. Even if its not worth as much as it was yesterday. Its all profit anyways. how ever you look at it. Easy come easy go.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Gold-Buying Central Bankers May Extend Record Rally

By Pham-Duy Nguyen - Apr 29, 2011 12:00 AM ET

Central banks that were net sellers of gold a decade ago are buying the precious metal to reduce their reliance on the dollar as a reserve currency, signaling demand that may extend a record rally in prices.

As developing countries accelerate purchases, gold may reach $2,000 an ounce this year, compared with a record of $1,538.80 yesterday in New York, said Robert McEwen, the chief executive officer of producer U.S. Gold Corp. Euro Pacific Capital’s Michael Pento, who correctly predicted gold’s highs for the past two years, forecast a 2011 high of $1,600.

Read more here:
    Gold-Buying Central Bankers May Extend Record Rally - Bloomberg

sp_en_6.gif

Last edited:
    Top Bottom