• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • half-glocked

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Note to self, save up money, get to 50 posts so I can pm phylodog, then get down to Indy. After seeing that picture of that G19 Gen4, I want!

Especially after the benefits of stippling for the trigger finger. I'm working on my finger discipline, but that would be a great help.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Did my first FDE frame today. Like the OD frames you've got to be careful not to scorch the polymer as it discolors easily.

P1050862_zps7948478a.jpg

P1050863_zps56645127.jpg

I keep going back and forth on this. I REALLY like the FDE, and I really want to have it done to my G19 or G26, but then I change my mind.

:(

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I keep going back and forth on this. I REALLY like the FDE, and I really want to have it done to my G19 or G26, but then I change my mind.

:(

Let me help you out here, doooooooo eeeeet. I just got my Glock back today and it's the best thing I've had done so far. It feels like the normal grip but when you put your hand under the faucet then tell your wife to try to disarm you by taking the gun you realize that even though it feels one way it's completely not. I couldn't be happier with it. Admittedly if you don't like it you'll have to sell and buy new.... It's kind of permanent.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Let me help you out here, doooooooo eeeeet. I just got my Glock back today and it's the best thing I've had done so far. It feels like the normal grip but when you put your hand under the faucet then tell your wife to try to disarm you by taking the gun you realize that even though it feels one way it's completely not. I couldn't be happier with it. Admittedly if you don't like it you'll have to sell and buy new.... It's kind of permanent.

Unless you are an auto-body man with a can of bondo........

MemphisR32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Westfield
    That looks like great workmanship. I might have to consider this for one of my guns. How do they carry IWB? Does it sandpaper your skin overtime?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    That looks like great workmanship. I might have to consider this for one of my guns. How do they carry IWB? Does it sandpaper your skin overtime?

I have a few coworkers who carry concealed against bare skin without complaint. That said, I'm not sure it would be for everyone. I don't even like carrying a non stippled frame against my skin so it'd be a no go for me.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Amazing work, phylodog. Have you tried stippling the polymer Sig uses in their P320 grip modules? Supposedly the plastic is improved over the original P250 material. One could go absolutely hog wild on either of these pistols, stippling, carving, and whittling away with total impunity because the guts aren't molded-in like Glock et al. I might have to turn you loose on one of these. All the plastic from the slide down is only about 40 bucks.

P250 Grip Module Assembly

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Amazing work, phylodog. Have you tried stippling the polymer Sig uses in their P320 grip modules? Supposedly the plastic is improved over the original P250 material. One could go absolutely hog wild on either of these pistols, stippling, carving, and whittling away with total impunity because the guts aren't molded-in like Glock et al. I might have to turn you loose on one of these. All the plastic from the slide down is only about 40 bucks.

P250 Grip Module Assembly

Not yet but I had that exact thought when the Sig rep first dropped by the office with one. Looking forward to playing around with one.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    These are awesome! I'd seen the Kahr before, but all of these are awesome!

Subbed for future work!

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Phylo did my Xd many moons ago, I was very pleased with the final product. I do not have any pics, though will try and get a few later.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I just sent him my newest M&P 45. It's pretty sad that I like his work so much that i'm searching for an FDE M&P 9mm just because i want to see it stippled like how he did that FDE Glock. After my Kahr and my shield i couldn't be happier. Many people here can be pro DIY, but for me and my income bracket, it makes more sense to send it to him. Its kind of nice knowing the gun will return perfect and not stupid looking. Its nice to be able to support an INGO member (that does a better and cheaper job than the others…honestly my support really just extends to getting good deal on spectacular work...who cares if he's on INGO?! lol) Its nice to drop off a gun and say, "this is what i want, do it…By the way, enjoy your lung cancer". So far i can't say enough good things about my Phyloed guns. Here is a small review of my shield…you may notice that it is way better than yours. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/345750-why-my-m-p-shield-better-than-yours.html I will post a picture here as soon as i get my M&P 45 back. I told him to take his time so it may be a bit.
    attachment.php

attachment.php

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    Here is a couple I did a few years ago. Stippling does make a difference . But my Gen4 feels like it is aggressive already. Jim

Top Bottom