• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rellik

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    I would really like to see a glock with the entire frame stippled (minus the rail ofcoarse).

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I gotta say I admire the patience and focus it takes to do that, even if I'm OK with the stock appearance and feel.

If *I* were doing that, I'd melt like 5 or 6 little spots and "LOOK! A Squirrel!" Then I'd have to slap some grip tape on it and feign innocence.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Did my first FDE frame today. Like the OD frames you've got to be careful not to scorch the polymer as it discolors easily.

P1050862_zps7948478a.jpg

P1050863_zps56645127.jpg

Ltrain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Nice job. I stippled a Pmag and it came out real nice. I haven't been brave enough to do my Springfield XD.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I'm gonna have to shoot a stippled model some day. May have to get it done.

Just read an article that explained the Gen4 Glock with a smaller back strap fits better for smaller hands so that they don't have to turn the gun in your hand to reach the magazine release, so maybe it'd be worth checking out again. And with the stippling, maybe it's pretty comfy.

LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    Definitely one of the best Ive seen done. I would definitely be ok having mine done at this quality. Very straight lines and consistent. WELL DONE!

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Here is from when he did my Kahr PM9... I requested the grippy spot for where my trigger finger rests and i think it's a must as it makes keeping your finger outside the trigger guard a breeze. I challenged him to do the magazine extension as well to match the gun and he pulled it off like a champion. I don't think i'd have him do a gen4 glock unless i wanted it more aesthetically pleasing, as i think the frame is grippy enough. I wouldn't hesitate to send him a Glock Gen3 or less, Kahr, M&P, Keltec, Sig, etc etc. I can't recommend it enough on the compact or smaller guns. My coffee can groups turned into soup can groups at 25yrds. The whole reason i got mine done was that i shot a Phylo'd Pm9 side by side with mine and i didn't want to shoot mine anymore...I can't allow someone else to have something better than me so i made the call.

As far as diminishing the value of the gun goes, I've had several offers, from those who have shot mine, for more than what i've paid for it + the stippling, so I don't really think it's an issue. It may be an issue if you go to sell it used at a gun store as your gun has been "modified". Rest assured they will then double the price and call it Ultra Custom when they go to sell it. The only negatives IMHO are that it costs money, and you may not like the look. Personally I've got tons of money and i think they look great. Essentially if you're cheap and/or fashionably bankrupt this may not be your thing. The benefits include, but not limited to, increased grip, tighter groups, and a finish that stands out in a crowd.

picture.php

picture.php

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    That is some of the best stippling I have ever seen. Dare I ask how much that runs? On a Glock 21SF Gen3 perhaps?

Top Bottom