• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    Did my first FDE frame today. Like the OD frames you've got to be careful not to scorch the polymer as it discolors easily.

P1050862_zps7948478a.jpg
    I was wondering about the FDE since my G22 gen4 is one. Looks good. I just need to find someone that has this done and would let me shoot a few rounds to see how I like it. Not a big fan of the gen4 texture and have a sleeve on it. and since it is a different color I would be interested in this option.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    That's some great work phylodog! That PM9 has really got me thinking. I've got a CM9 that I feel like I grip well enough, but I'm afraid to handle one with the stippling. haha

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    That's some great work phylodog! That PM9 has really got me thinking. I've got a CM9 that I feel like I grip well enough, but I'm afraid to handle one with the stippling. haha

If you do it, get the grippy index finger portion, it's awesome. If you'd like to hold mine sometime you're welcome to. Like i said, i shot a friend's pm9 and I no longer wanted to shoot mine. I was way more accurate. The smaller the gun the better the results in that arena. This is all purely empirical by the way, but it worked for me. I also had my Pm9's feed ramp and takedown pin polished to a mirror shine as I have to maintain a level of awesome that requires a lot of money as i hate to be outdone.

If i could only have one gun stippled, I would rather have a stippled "pocket gun" than a full size gun just for the accuracy improvement. That tan glock looks amazing though, so after the pocket gun I'd do the glock just to make it look cool. I also prefer Phylodogs method of stippling as it's grippier without being uncomfortable. I shot a glock 27 done by him and a glock 27 done in that scalloped texture. Again, i was more accurate with the stippled 27's than the non, but the scalloped texture was killing my hand after 10 rounds. In another thread i mentioned it was like death gripping Jean-Claude Van Damme's glove from the movie Kickboxer...Unpleasant.

kickboxer_poster.jpg

ouch..and ugly
    Grip+stippling+002.JPG

ouch..and hideous
    images

ouch...and lame.
    images

SUCCESS
    P1050862_zps7948478a.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm steadily trying new stuff all of a sudden.

A member here wanted his Gen4 G19 stippled but he uses the large backstrap. I've not done a backstrap before and was concerned due to how thin they are. I took it slow and kept it shallow to avoid passing through. Now he'll be able to shoot it like this or remove the backstrap and shoot it without as well.

IMG_1986_zps30fcb68a.jpg

IMG_1988_zpsb4be343b.jpg

IMG_1989_zpse5a1dee8.jpg

Top Bottom