• ...and so much more!
  • indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Single Stack Mag. So, it's overall thinner then the compact. If you want more rounds though, the compact is a pretty sweet gun.

This is precisely why OkieGirl wants one. She likes her 9c but it doesn't CC very well on her girlish frame. She is considering the Kahr CW9 since the Shield is scarce.

GetDynamicImage.aspx

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    This is precisely why OkieGirl wants one. She likes her 9c but it doesn't CC very well on her girlish frame. She is considering the Kahr CW9 since the Shield is scarce.

GetDynamicImage.aspx

I have carried a CW9 for several years and they are awesome. They are slim and light. I would recommend it.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Got one today at Gander Mountain in Lafayette,:rockwoot: I think they still have some. Paid $480 with the tax, more than what I wanted to pay but I figured with the high demand it will be a long time before you see them discounted. I ran 50rds through it at home and I can say it was well worth it. Shooting one makes me understand why they are hard to find.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Got one today at Gander Mountain in Lafayette,:rockwoot: I think they still have some. Paid $480 with the tax, more than what I wanted to pay but I figured with the high demand it will be a long time before you see them discounted. I ran 50rds through it at home and I can say it was well worth it. Shooting one makes me understand why they are hard to find.

They are good shooters, aren't they? Watch out for that front sight, it will be gone after about 100 rounds. You should conseder investing in some good sights, soon.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    They are good shooters, aren't they? Watch out for that front sight, it will be gone after about 100 rounds. You should conseder investing in some good sights, soon.

Just what I was thinking, good set of night sights. I have trijicon night sights on 2 of my 1911 and like them, but the XS big dots have always intrigued me. This might be a good pistol to try out a set.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF

My buddy shot 120 rounds through his new Shield and it hasn't fallen off yet.

I'd better warn him! :):

Deputy Dawg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    I put my name on the list last week, at my LGS and he gave me an "about date" of mid December. Said the shipments have been very slow, versus demand.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    My buddy shot 120 rounds through his new Shield and it hasn't fallen off yet.

I'd better warn him! :):

I've seen it happen on a 9mm and .40 S&W . I can't say it will happen on all of them, but it's not like they come with sights that should be carried on an EDC handgun anyway. I may be getting the big dot sights pretty soon.

code_red

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    East Side Indy
    My boyfriend got lucky and picked one up when they first came out. I'm on a wait list for one. I ended up getting a bersa bp9cc. It's a really great shooter. Lighter trigger than the shield. Long trigger pull with short reset. I might do some comparison pics. I might still pick up a shield when my name comes up.

His front sight did come out. Took longer than 100 rounds. I put some nail polish in it for now. He's planning on getting some night sights for it.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010

Umm....it took me quite a while to get the front sight off of mine and that was with a sight pusher, a hammer and punch and a lot of penetrating oil. Never seen a sight pushed so tight in a dove before and I hope I never see another one. There is no way that sight would have ever fallen off!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Umm....it took me quite a while to get the front sight off of mine and that was with a sight pusher, a hammer and punch and a lot of penetrating oil. Never seen a sight pushed so tight in a dove before and I hope I never see another one. There is no way that sight would have ever fallen off!

I'm talking about the paint or whatever material is used in the stock front sight. I'm not saying not saying front sight post has fallen off.

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    My boyfriend got lucky and picked one up when they first came out. I'm on a wait list for one. I ended up getting a bersa bp9cc. It's a really great shooter. Lighter trigger than the shield. Long trigger pull with short reset. I might do some comparison pics. I might still pick up a shield when my name comes up.

His front sight did come out. Took longer than 100 rounds. I put some nail polish in it for now. He's planning on getting some night sights for it.

BP9cc was on my list BEFORE the shield came out, but I quickly jumped at the Shield when I found one. The Bersa is still intriguing, especially at their price point.

My front sight is still perfectly fine, but I am going to tear it down and clean it later tonight so I will be sure to check it out.

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    I have been carrying mine since last friday. Put 50 rounds through it and I have to say I like it. I am not of a fan of the trigger reset though, much to be desired.

IMG_1031.jpg

ncovered.jpg

xcalibur

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    I'm talking about the paint or whatever material is used in the stock front sight. I'm not saying not saying front sight post has fallen off.

Yep. Happened to me too. After about 20 shots when it was new one of the white dots popped out of the rear sight. When I got home I took an ice pick and scraped the other side out and filled the front sight hole with a bright red fingernail polish.

The gun is a great shooter indeed.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010

Sorry I misunderstood. Yea the paint falls out them quite often, at least on 2 of the one I have. A touch of white acrylic hobby paint and it's good as new.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    I have been carrying mine since last friday. Put 50 rounds through it and I have to say I like it. I am not of a fan of the trigger reset though, much to be desired.

The trigger reset gets better with a few hundred rounds. I didn't like it either at first, but the more I shot it, the more positive it became.

mdale

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Pick up a 9mm shield last fri. at GM in lafayette. Put 100 round through so far, nice trigger, but have noticed the when put in my holster the slide is pushed back alittle and when removed from the holster is stays back. Anyone else have that?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Pick up a 9mm shield last fri. at GM in lafayette. Put 100 round through so far, nice trigger, but have noticed the when put in my holster the slide is pushed back alittle and when removed from the holster is stays back. Anyone else have that?

I've never experienced that. What kind of holster are you using?

Top Bottom