• ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    i asked a friend if it made me a bad person for wanting some. because quite frankly if you remove the context of this target, its kind of a cool target.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    It's funny how people get all worked up over what the news reports but does not care at all for the thousands of other people killed that they never hear about. I guess it's true, "out of sight, out of mind."

Don't forget the majority of people in this country are sheep. So its just business as usual what ever the media tells the sheep, that is what they believe.

It never has been and that is my point. I see why some think the target is inappropriate, but I believe the makers intent is to show that the media frenzy is being fueled by those that would love to see a 1/2 white man crucified and not by those that believe in due process. If he was 1/2 black and 1/2 hispanic NOBODY would have even ran the story. So if they can make a profit while making a statement, then I am all for it. In fact, I would buy one.

I dont really care what the makers intent was. Its in poor taste at best and offensive at the very least.

I dont like what the media and a few so called religious leaders have done and will continue to do to fuel the fires of racism for there own evil ends. But there is no good going to come by this display.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    It never has been and that is my point. I see why some think the target is inappropriate, but I believe the makers intent is to show that the media frenzy is being fueled by those that would love to see a 1/2 white man crucified and not by those that believe in due process. If he was 1/2 black and 1/2 hispanic NOBODY would have even ran the story. So if they can make a profit while making a statement, then I am all for it. In fact, I would buy one.

Zman is not 1/2 white, he's all white. Hispanic is not a race, neither is Jewish.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Some one once asked Morgan Freeman how to end racial tensions in the USA. His response was, "Stop talking about it."

I find wisdom in his comment. I think Martin Luther King had it right. A person should be judged by the content of his/her character, not the color of the skin.

The media is fueling racism to strengthen the hold of the Democratic Party on the power structure of the government. When people respond in this way, as in this target, it only makes the situation worse. It makes it more difficult for us to overcome the media's racism and race-baiting.

I suggest we cease and desist falling into these media traps and begin acting like true Americans. Americans value people because they are human beings and are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, including life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. This has nothing to do with race. Therefore, we should stop talking about race and just talk about citizenship. All citizens are entitled to justice under the law. There must be one law for all citizens, not a different law for different races. So ban the "hate crime" legislation. Assault is a crime when committed against any citizen. PERIOD.

Zimmerman is entitled to a fair trial by his peers. The media has made sure he cannot get it. The couple who were attacked by a mob are entitled to redress, and the perpetrators of the assault are entitled to a fair trial by their peers. But the media is afraid to report it, or willfully refuses to report it.

If we are to overcome this national disgrace, we must begin to act like citizens and treat every other citizen with the same respect. Creating a target as shown above violates the basic principle of citizenship. We all know what it means, and we all know what it does. Creating that target is right up there with using the N-word. And right up there with calling me "Whitey" or "White boy" or telling me to "Get your white a** off the road!" (which has happened to me more than once).

All it takes for evil to prosper is for good men and women to do nothing, to stand by quietly or to laugh out loud or to post LOL or ROFL or ROFLMFAO on incendiary targets put up on an internet forum. I am glad that the general response above to the target is negative. Hoosiers are better than this, and so are :ingo:ers.:soapbox::ranton:

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Don't forget the majority of people in this country are sheep. So its just business as usual what ever the media tells the sheep, that is what they believe.

I dont really care what the makers intent was. Its in poor taste at best and offensive at the very least.

I dont like what the media and a few so called religious leaders have done and will continue to do to fuel the fires of racism for there own evil ends. But there is no good going to come by this display.

This is just where you and I disagree. I find it offensive what the media is doing to George Zimmerman. It is called due process. If he shot him for no reason other than the color of his skin, then he should be punished to the full extent of the law. However, if he was justified in shooting him, then he should be exhonerated and allowed to walk the streets without fear of retalliation.

Why do we hide and run whenever someone plays the race card? Instead we should confront it head on. In my opinion, that is the only way that ALL Americans will ever be equal. However, after spending some time in the real world and realizing that the government does not want us all equal, then I guess you and I will just have to agree to disagree...politely of course.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne

:+1:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    This is just where you and I disagree. I find it offensive what the media is doing to George Zimmerman. It is called due process. If he shot him for no reason other than the color of his skin, then he should be punished to the full extent of the law. However, if he was justified in shooting him, then he should be exhonerated and allowed to walk the streets without fear of retalliation.

Why do we hide and run whenever someone plays the race card? Instead we should confront it head on. In my opinion, that is the only way that ALL Americans will ever be equal. However, after spending some time in the real world and realizing that the government does not want us all equal, then I guess you and I will just have to agree to disagree...politely of course.

I absolutely agree that the government does not want us all equal. Think of what power the masses would have if instead of putting tremendous effort into fighting each other we all worked together for the common good.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Filled out a job application in the last 5 years?

You make a good point. Race has become a major factor in American life. This points to the wisdom of Morgan Freeman. We should remove that question from the application form. We should be asking if the applicant is a citizen. Citizens get treated alike.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    When I saw the target, I didn't notice anything but that it was a faceless torso with a hoodie. I didn't connect it to any current events until I read several subsequent messages. How many people are really going to make the connection unless someone who is looking for it points it out to them?

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    That's funny as all get out. I'd hit the Skittles every time. Little bastards will rot your teeth. Now tea on the other hand.....yum

I dont really like Arizona tea, I prefer peace tea. have you tried the razzelberry peace tea? its to die for

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    You make a good point. Race has become a major factor in American life. This points to the wisdom of Morgan Freeman. We should remove that question from the application form. We should be asking if the applicant is a citizen. Citizens get treated alike.

Yep, it is a pretty major factor because the media and worthless talking heads keep telling us that it is. But we can't remove that question from the application forms until the government stops with the punishments for hiring on the best available if those best available all happen to be non-minorities.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Yep, it is a pretty major factor because the media and worthless talking heads keep telling us that it is. But we can't remove that question from the application forms until the government stops with the punishments for hiring on the best available if those best available all happen to be non-minorities.

Correct. We must bring about change at that level.

Top Bottom