• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    RIGHTtoKeepAndBearArms.com • View topic - Proposed coordinated organized Nationwide protest/march

This is the address over at 2AM where we are discussing the State-to-State Rallies. I have also posted about this in the Sticky about stopping an AWB.

Apparently nobody here cares or wants to do anything, or maybe nobody reads the stickies. So I'm creating a new thread here.

We are talking about a coordinated march on every state capitol in the USA. Some places may not be able to do so but can Protest outside city limits. Such as MN. St. Paul has a law states that Demonstrators must pay a fee for a permit, pay LE for their time, and may other fees and even then the Police Chief can still turn them down.

I'm asking for everyone's support here to get this going in Indiana. We need volunteers to do some ground work such as passing out flyers and pointing people in our direction. Let them know what we are planning and ask for their support.

I'm asking for your support because I don't think many people are taking this seriously. Let me be clear. THIS IS DEAD SERIOUS. No one's talking armed revolution here. We are talking about showing our Reps that we are serious about Gun Control, and less of it.

But this isn't just about the 2A. This is also about the BoR's as a whole. Our rights are being infringed on every day all across this Country and I'm trying to organize these Rallies to show that we, the American People, will no longer tolerate it.

This won't work without your support. Will you do something about your rights, or just talk about them?

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Help Out

I can help out. I am under an hours drive from a Bass Pro and a Cabelas and a Gander Mountain. I can see if they have bulletin boards that they would allow posts. I can post in the North American hunting clubs boards.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I'm in as well. I'm in NWI but I would be willing to drive to Indy with ample warning before (couple of weeks).

I'd also carpool with people from NWI.

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    Count me in. I am close to Indy and can be there. You are right, we all should be involved. The loones on the left don't hesitate to stand up for their abominable agenda.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I'll do my part

Savage Eagle, I know you have taken the lead on getting this organized, even so on RIGHTtoKeepAndBearArms.com . Have you a list compiled of those of us that have said "yes" we'll show up for a rally? And where we will show up?
    I know I have PM'd and given my information.

I have also offered up to print several thousand flyers and members like USMC_0311 have offered to help with funding this.

Come on people, you have to take this serious or sites like this one may some day be a distant memory. Stand up and fight for your right, or you may very well lose it right under your nose.

I plan on providing FENWAY some printed material for the upcoming 1500 (he'll owe me a hat), that will be a good outlet to make our intentions known.

I would design the flyers myself, but running a small business is a very consuming thing indeed.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Thanks guys. I really appreciate your support.

I do ask that you PM me some information. First/Last Name, City, and Email address. This is just to put into my list so I can start a newsletter for updates and things purtanent to this Rally. None of your information will be made public. Unless you give me that permission for a specific reason.

Once we get a flyer ready I urge everyone to post them in Gun Stores, Ranges, Retail Stores, Banks, even drop them in mailboxes, etc. Whatever needs to happen to get the word out.

As far as a date, That is up in the air. Some have suggested the Saturday after the Heller Anniversary, but it's not set in stone. It should be sometime in the Summer so we have ample time to organize, get the NRA and GOA as sponsors, allow time for those people who work weekends to get the day off, etc.

We have a lot of work to do. I encourage you to visit the thread, sign up, give your input.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I really appreciate everyone stepping forward and taking the intiative on this.

The info above that I requested is really the only info I need at the moment. If the need arises for phone numbers and such I'll send an email. Otherwise just name, city and email for now. Just need contact info and an idea of the coverage area.

Getting people to show up will be the hardest part that I can see now. If anyone knows specific laws/ordinances on organizing this thing downtown that might throw a wrench in it that would be good to know. I skimmed throw IN state law and didn't see anything and same with the city code, but I could have missed something.

The biggest thing on the other site that is seemingly undermining the effort is the debate over Armed/not Armed. Personally I will be carrying where legal. My Rifle as well. Although if we carry rifles I suggest, as others have, that we use Zip Ties like the Indy 1500 does. Just a thought. I do wish that we carry but I leave it up to debate now since this seems to be a hot button issue.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'd be happy to take a good look at this when you can...
    ...get the NRA and GOA as sponsors.

I am concerned that, without professional organization and leadership, even the most well intentioned ideas could go badly. If that was the case, it could do more harm than good for our cause.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    I really appreciate everyone stepping forward and taking the intiative on this.

The info above that I requested is really the only info I need at the moment. If the need arises for phone numbers and such I'll send an email. Otherwise just name, city and email for now. Just need contact info and an idea of the coverage area.

Getting people to show up will be the hardest part that I can see now. If anyone knows specific laws/ordinances on organizing this thing downtown that might throw a wrench in it that would be good to know. I skimmed throw IN state law and didn't see anything and same with the city code, but I could have missed something.

The biggest thing on the other site that is seemingly undermining the effort is the debate over Armed/not Armed. Personally I will be carrying where legal. My Rifle as well. Although if we carry rifles I suggest, as others have, that we use Zip Ties like the Indy 1500 does. Just a thought. I do wish that we carry but I leave it up to debate now since this seems to be a hot button issue.

now when you say rifles what exactly do you mean , because all my rifles are intimidating... well my 2 favorite ones, seriously though if i were to carry one of them dont you think that would cause alittle bit of panic for some people with e a zip tie in or not?

PICT0295.jpg

PICT0294.jpg

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'd be happy to take a good look at this when you can... "...get the NRA an GOA involved."

I am concerned that, without professional organization and leadership, even the most well intentioned ideas could go badly. If that was the case, it could do more harm than good for our cause.

Yes I understand your concern. My concern is that the NRA or GOA will take over the event as their own and that's not what I want. I want them to sponsor this and maybe lend a helping hand, but I am NOT, I repeat, I AM NOT handing this over to the NRA to handle. That will surely lose us some supporters as some people are not fond of the NRA.

I want this organized as a grassroots campaign, not a Nationally known Organization campaign. I'm not sure if you will understand that, but I don't know how to put it in more clear words at the moment.

I do have someone in PA that is a professional Event Organizer who is willing to help in any way we need him, in his own state or on the National Level.

Again, this isn't **YET** about a D.C. March. This is about garnering support for our cause and a prelude to such a March if our Reps don't listen to us.

now when you say rifles what exactly do you mean , because all my rifles are intimidating... well my 2 favorite ones, seriously though if i were to carry one of them don't you think that would cause alittle bit of panic for some people with e a zip tie in or not?

PICT0295.jpg

PICT0294.jpg

That is EXACTLY what I would like to see at the rally. AKs, SKSs, ARs, Savage Bolt Actions, Henry Lever Actions, Mac-10's, SBRs, Silencers, whatever you feel comfortable bringing to show our Government that we are civil civilians and we law-abiding people own these guns as they are the common tool of choice for the common man and we won't allow you to take them away.

That's what all this is about!!!!! Exactly what this is about! We can't walk on eggshells anymore in the name of political correctness or the fear of scaring someone. If we are to save our Rights, we have to act now.

Once we get organized, or at least somewhat organized, and with a set date, we start getting the word out. Talk Radio, the MSM, Newspapers, Our very own Reps., Etc. Get some of our local politicians out their with us. Get the PD's from around the state out there Rallying right along side us. They need us as we need them.

I must apologize if I seem overly passionate about this. All my life I've wasted doing nothing. Here I have a chance to do SOMETHING that may change the world we live in. I want very much for my life to mean something. I think we all do. This is our chance. This is our chance to make REAL change we can ALL believe in.

(Like how I stole Obama's line and put it to work for us? :D)

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    In IL we have IGOLD (Illinois Gun Owners Lobby Day). On this day, we meet in Springfield, listen to speakers, etc. then march down the street to the Capitol Building. More speaches (media), then we go inside and talk to our representatives and/or leave cards for them. (The Governor manages to be "somewhere else" - strangely.)

The next event will be on Wednesday, March 11, 2009.

You could check isra.org to see how it is set up here. We are just getting things set up right now, but you might get some ideas from that site.

Also, if you are going to march on your Capitol Building, it might be better to do it on a weekday, when they are in session. And invite any Pro-Constitution politicians to speak at your rally if possible.

I wish you all the best of luck! :patriot:

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    well in this case ill bring the ar, glock and 1911. if that be the case, just debating on taking off the scope on the ar. can i also bring a lawn chair and a cooler for pop and snacks (seriously cause i know we all will get hungry and thristy)

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    also i say dont do the zip tie in the chamber. come with loaded mags, not chambered. to show exactly how much the law biding gun owner can handle such great responsibility. whats the difference between that and when you carry your pistol on a day to day basis?

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    well in this case ill bring the ar, glock and 1911. if that be the case, just debating on taking off the scope on the ar. can i also bring a lawn chair and a cooler for pop and snacks (seriously cause i know we all will get hungry and thristy)

I think a camel back/backpack would be more in order...I'd hate to lug a lawnchair around, plus it wouldn't be very much of a rally if we were chillin in the sun in our chairs, as they do in some work picket lines.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    also i say dont do the zip tie in the chamber. come with loaded mags, not chambered. to show exactly how much the law biding gun owner can handle such great responsibility. whats the difference between that and when you carry your pistol on a day to day basis?

+1 to this. I am in either way... :patriot:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Getting gun friendly Reps involved would be a plus. Also a weekday would be preferable to get as much attention as possible. We should have people outside of the media recording the event to get it out on You Tube. I'm in, as long as it is far enough in advance that I can take the time off. I'm also willing to donate some time and effort in helping this become a reality.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I said the same thing about loaded rifles but was hit with some resistance by a couple people who made a few good points. Now, armed or not, things could go wrong. I'm not trying to say armed is a bad idea because I'd love to march around the capitol with my SKS loaded and ready. (again I'm not sure about local Ordinances) But we have to police ourselves for ignor-a-mooses that may show up and unholster their carry firearm, or start pointing their gun, or whatever. The biggest concern would be someone willing to sacrifice themselves in the name of Gun Control and open fire at the rally. That would bring down bad media attention if it happens.

Again, I'm not trying to say unarmed is the way to go, but I think if we bring rifles, leave them unloaded. Sure, bring a loaded mag or two, but don't load the rifle. We all know there are careless people out there and I would hate to see an ND or AD happen at the Rally.

If everyone stays holstered and rifles stay unloaded, this just won't happen. Which is why I say we must police ourselves or force THEM to do it for us.

Just saying.

I do advocate showing up with AT LEAST your carry piece assuming Indy allows it.

Top Bottom