STARTING A TREND: Women Posing For Pictures With Guns To Support Open Carry Pt 2

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    DeuQq-wVAAASUN-.jpg

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My buddy visited Holland and Holland while in London...He just wanted to see it and buy a hat...While there they fitted him for a gun and that was part of the fitting process...I know the Royal Family are fitted for their shotguns and that has to be a bit unnerving for the folks assigned to protect their lives....

Not saying I agree or disagree...Just saying it is part of the process....

Same here. I think the issue folks have is that you are breaking one of the 4 rules that we tend to hold as unbreakable. I argued with the guy for quite some time before I did it. Initially I refused to do it. Then after several people came and checked my shotgun multiple times and explained that it is the way to check fit, I obliged.

It was still weird to me and I did not feel comfortable at all.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It was still weird to me and I did not feel comfortable at all.

I quit reenacting 18th century Ohio Valley settlement for the same reason....We were doing the battle of Blue Licks, about a thousand tourists gathered around..I was portraying Matthew Elliott with Butler's Rangers and the natives.....We were in a line pushing the Kentuckians back...One young man who decided to take part at the last minute and didn't know the rules kept standing his ground...We mouthed to him to retreat because that's what historically happened. He then leveled his flintlock's barrel 4 feet from my buddy's gut and pulled the trigger pointed right at my buddy's full cartridge box....Flash in the pan thank goodness....My buddy, a Vietnam Navy Vet...Walked up to him, grabbed him by the throat, shoved him hard to the ground and said, "You ever point a gun at me again I'll bury my tomahawk in your head"....Everybody witnessed it...The Park Ranger went out on the field and grabbed the kid up and I could see him get an earful...Scared me to death....The kid had never reenacted before and no one told him the rules...He told the ranger he was trying to impress his girlfriend....IIRC he and his father were told to leave the park.....

bl4__2_.jpg
    a_bluelicks10.jpg
    a_bluelicks7.jpg
    bl24.jpg

Pics from that day.....

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I quit reenacting 18th century Ohio Valley settlement for the same reason....We were doing the battle of Blue Licks, about a thousand tourists gathered around..I was portraying Matthew Elliott with Butler's Rangers and the natives.....We were in a line pushing the Kentuckians back...One young man who decided to take part at the last minute and didn't know the rules kept standing his ground...We mouthed to him to retreat because that's what historically happened. He then leveled his flintlock's barrel 4 feet from my buddy's gut and pulled the trigger pointed right at my buddy's full cartridge box....Flash in the pan thank goodness....My buddy, a Vietnam Navy Vet...Walked up to him, grabbed him by the throat, shoved him hard to the ground and said, "You ever point a gun at me again I'll bury my tomahawk in your head"....Everybody witnessed it...The Park Ranger went out on the field and grabbed the kid up and I could see him get an earful...Scared me to death....The kid had never reenacted before and no one told him the rules...He told the ranger he was trying to impress his girlfriend....IIRC he and his father were told to leave the park.....

Pics from that day.....

When I lived in VA, some guys tried to get me into the civil war reenacting. N-SSA. I didn't do it due to the pointing of a firearm at someone. I kept envisioning a mishap with a rifle that got loaded somehow with a ball.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I had a friend of a friend that was into war reenacting. I told him he should be in the reenactment of the battle of Hiroshima.
    I really hated that guy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom