STARTING A TREND: Women Posing For Pictures With Guns To Support Open Carry Pt 2

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    And while we are at it, all the trench guns of that era were non-takedown varieties. This one is a takedown...

What era? The 1897 Winchester trench gun was a take down (at least by the time it was used in WW1 can't speak for earlier) also when it was fitted with the byo lug and heat shroud for ww1, the Remingyon model 10 trench gun was used in ww1 as well and was aslo fitted with a bayo lug and heat shroud...and it was always a take down. Take down guns were actually popular back in those days because traveling by train it was easier to stow

Enough talk....WE NEED PICTURES

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Although I do not contribute with pictorial posts, I do support this thread through visual participation; which seems to be declining due to unnecessary discussions.......In My Humble Opinion.

This is in no way a complaint, just a general observation. Let me go see how the fish are biting, in that other thread.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    avengers-movie-image-cobie-smulders-1.jpg

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    What era? The 1897 Winchester trench gun was a take down (at least by the time it was used in WW1 can't speak for earlier) also when it was fitted with the byo lug and heat shroud for ww1, the Remingyon model 10 trench gun was used in ww1 as well and was aslo fitted with a bayo lug and heat shroud...and it was always a take down. Take down guns were actually popular back in those days because traveling by train it was easier to stow

Enough talk....WE NEED PICTURES

"A war Department committee was formed to evaluate and recommend to the Ordnance Department the type of shotgun to be procured and it's basic design configuration. It was soon decided to adopt the battle-proven Winchester Model 1897 12 gauge repeating slide action shotgun. This weapon had been in production for some twenty years and was a known entity to the War Department due to it's previous employment in the Philippines and in Mexico. The new weapon was to be based on the standard riot type Model 1897, solid frame (i.e., "non-takedown style) with a 20" barrel and a total capacity of six rounds... When the War Department committee surveyed dubiously a wholly new bayonet attachment--- something new to the art of war, untried, unknown to regulations and specifications...the new weapon was officially adopted in 1917 as the 'Trench Gun- Model 1917' and given the code number 'G-9778-S'..." Bruce N Canfield, A Collector's Guide to United States Combat Shotguns.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom