• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    MY Daughter lives in a downstairs apartment. Its nice for bringing in the groceries, hauling the toddlers to and from the car and just the all around issues with steps. Then they get a new neighbor upstairs with a small child. The child upstairs would have a running Marathon at all hour of the day and night. After several hours of the Marathon my Son-in-law decides to pound for several minutes on the ceiling.

The next morning my daughter finds a note on her door that said "I'm sorry for the noise that my daughter makes, she has autism and has stimulation issues and runs to calm her down. We asked for a first floor apartment but none were available. We are only here temporary until my husband returns from deployment. I'm am looking everyday for another apartment so that I wont be a burden to you and cause you to pound on the ceiling to show your frustrations that I fully understand

Once again please accept my apologies"

Lets just say my Daughter and Son-in-law wanted to crawl under the sofa in embarrassment. My Daughter returned the letter with an apology to them and asked if they ever need anything to just let them know.

The running continued the same as before but somehow knowing the issue put it in a different perspective.

The Moral of the story is to put on your Big Girl and Big Boy pants and go talk to them. keep the the conversation as civil as they will allow it to be.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Gluemanz28 again.

I sure hope so...... I have a $20, I buy if you fly. Who is making a corn dog run?
    Y'all goin' Dork fishin'?

[video=youtube;yH6sE8RMUuU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH6sE8RMUuU[/video]

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I have a TRUE STORY as well:

Early nineties I was living in a shady apt building by myself while my GF was in Chicago getting her Masters. My furniture consisted of a computer desk and a computer chair. I spent most of my time recording demos for my band at the time. At some point a new neighbor moved in above me. From that point all I heard was pounding. I thought maintenance crews were fixing the apt but it went into the nights and on the weekends.

It was driving me crazy and I played my music louder and eventually started broom sticking the ceiling every time the pounding started again. So a few nights later when I was mixing some music, I got a knock at the door and knew it could only be the person from up stairs and I was ready for a confrontation. I opened the door and was met by a smiling guy with 4 hot girls with him. He introduced himself, complimented my music and invited me up to hang out and see what all the pounding was for. Very smart guy with a good approach. So I went up to his apt and upon entering there were at least 4 more hot girls sitting around chatting. He introduced me and complimented my music again and offered me a drink. His apt was VERY nice and it became obvious as to what he had been working on. Turns out he was an interior decorator and an artist like me.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    :):.....Kind'a......MY whole point in my posts......now it gone ta......corndogs.....ketchup......

An'.....mustard......cain't leave out the mustard.....:):

Horseradish mustard.

The wife and I went out to eat, which we don't do often. It was just us and we were waiting for the food to arrive, and she said something trying to be "cute".

I decided to retaliate by drinking the mustard.

If I can drink a condiment, it's not spicy enough.

:D

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Horseradish mustard.

The wife and I went out to eat, which we don't do often. It was just us and we were waiting for the food to arrive, and she said something trying to be "cute".

I decided to retaliate by drinking the mustard.

If I can drink a condiment, it's not spicy enough.

:D
    :nuts:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I wonder if this thread can be considered premeditated should anything actually happen.

I've wondered the same thing....I think it's one of the reasons that putting something like this out in the public domain is so ill-advised.

it it definitely puts a huge hole in the excuse " I just did it on impulse. He was coming right at me and I didn't have time to think about what I was doing. It was pure instinct." When the scenario you outlined here plays out months or weeks later.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I'm sorry if I don't agree with your greedy, capitalist ways, comrade. I prefer ketchup, it's red, like mother Russia's flag!

p52za.jpg

(yes, I know it was already posted in video form, just reiterating the point :) )

poberly

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 25, 2013
    NW Indiana

Early nineties I was living in a shady apt building by myself while my GF was in Chicago getting her Masters. My furniture consisted of a computer desk and a computer chair. I spent most of my time recording demos for my band at the time. At some point a new neighbor moved in above me. From that point all I heard was pounding. I thought maintenance crews were fixing the apt but it went into the nights and on the weekends.

It was driving me crazy and I played my music louder and eventually started broom sticking the ceiling every time the pounding started again. So a few nights later when I was mixing some music, I got a knock at the door and knew it could only be the person from up stairs and I was ready for a confrontation. I opened the door and was met by a smiling guy with 4 hot girls with him. He introduced himself, complimented my music and invited me up to hang out and see what all the pounding was for. Very smart guy with a good approach. So I went up to his apt and upon entering there were at least 4 more hot girls sitting around chatting. He introduced me and complimented my music again and offered me a drink. His apt was VERY nice and it became obvious as to what he had been working on. Turns out he was an interior decorator and an artist like me.

Pics or or it didn't happen.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

Dear Penthouse....

Top Bottom