• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    But you haven't let yourself get intimidated by the person coming into your yard church, it's 90% mental, 10% what you can get your hands on that will crack a head:D

I know. Takes a half crazed individual to deal straight up with a half craved individual.
    I know a few guys that want to let the system clean up their messes.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I know. Takes a half crazed individual to deal straight up with a half craved individual.
    Bah, I prefer not to associate with people that make my "spidey senses" tingle, life is much simpler that way...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Bah, I prefer not to associate with people that make my "spidey senses" tingle, life is much simpler that way...

As time went on I found myself with fewer acquaintances and less friends. We are supposed to mature and move forward but many get stuck and become bitter. In the infamous words of Donald Trump...."Your Fired"
    Tell a troubled friend they are fired and watch the look on their face.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County

The old coot at Charlie Brown's today was full crazed not just half. I'm glad we have mellowed and matured. Well the old coot is really the one that should be glad. That garbage deserved to be left on the garbage truck though :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The old coot at Charlie Brown's today was full crazed not just half. I'm glad we have mellowed and matured. Well the old coot is really the one that should be glad. That garbage deserved to be left on the garbage truck though :):

Sure did.

I wanted to respond to text quicker to say hey to the Monkey but my hands were covered in oil.....:)

ShootnCut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Indiana
    By now, we all do.

TRUE STORY:

We were helping folks move into a new apartment.
    The shared wall between them and their neighbor started BOOMING with bass...playing LOUD music.
    The freakin' floors and walls were shaking and after a bunch of snippets of shreds from heavy metal stuff, the choice song was changed to "Don't Come Around Here".
    Now the guy we were helping move was pissed. More and more ticked every minute. He was turning all shades of fire engine red and saying he wasn't gonna stand for that and how dare the neighbors and he was going to call the landlord, complain, and get out of the lease...along with calling the cops.
    Not ONCE did he consider knocking on their damn door. So I said, "Dude! Just wait a second!!!"...I walked to their door and banged on it hard enough they could hear it over the pounding music and they immediately snapped it off and opened the door.
    I said, "Hi...we're doing some 'moving in' over here and wondered if you could tone it down a bit so we can hear each other."
    The dude was extremely apologetic and said, "Oh! We thought we had this floor to ourselves...it's been so empty. We had no idea anyone else was up here...I'm very sorry! We'll keep it down! Sorry!!"... and they did.

How can we apply this to OP?
    Hmm.....

:yesway: Always a good idea to at least see what's going on and give folks a chance to be civil.

Back in the 80's I went to California with a friend to visit his sister and her husband. They lived on the bottom floor at an apartment complex. We kept hearing a "thump, thump, thump" from the apartment above. They said that it happened all the time. One afternoon it started up again and my friend jumped up and banged his fist on the ceiling. The thumping stopped. A little later that day we were out by the pool when the man and woman from above came out and started down the stairs............He only had one leg.

Things aren't always what they seem.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    MY Daughter lives in a downstairs apartment. Its nice for bringing in the groceries, hauling the toddlers to and from the car and just the all around issues with steps. Then they get a new neighbor upstairs with a small child. The child upstairs would have a running Marathon at all hour of the day and night. After several hours of the Marathon my Son-in-law decides to pound for several minutes on the ceiling.

The next morning my daughter finds a note on her door that said "I'm sorry for the noise that my daughter makes, she has autism and has stimulation issues and runs to calm her down. We asked for a first floor apartment but none were available. We are only here temporary until my husband returns from deployment. I'm am looking everyday for another apartment so that I wont be a burden to you and cause you to pound on the ceiling to show your frustrations that I fully understand

Once again please accept my apologies"

Lets just say my Daughter and Son-in-law wanted to crawl under the sofa in embarrassment. My Daughter returned the letter with an apology to them and asked if they ever need anything to just let them know.

The running continued the same as before but somehow knowing the issue put it in a different perspective.

The Moral of the story is to put on your Big Girl and Big Boy pants and go talk to them. keep the the conversation as civil as they will allow it to be.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Oh sorry guys...... I started writting my reply and got distracted several times. When I hit send I discovered that the mood has switched to corn dogs (To which I dearly Love). I worked with a carney in my summers during middleschool. I worked all day (usually at least 12 hours) for $10 a day that included all the corn dogs, popcorn, cotton candy and root beer I could drink.

The crust next to the stick is the best part ........ yum yum

Top Bottom