• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Honey_and_Vinegar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    I'm taking a trip to St. Louis in a few weeks and had a couple of questions come up.

1. Is Missouri a reciprocity state with an Indiana Carry License?
    2. I may be visiting the St. Louis aquarium. Does anyone know if they had metal detectors before going in?
    3. I will be doing a lot of walking in the city. Any advice going in?

Any and all wisdom/advice is more than welcomed.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I'm taking a trip to St. Louis in a few weeks and had a couple of questions come up.

1. Is Missouri a reciprocity state with an Indiana Carry License?
    2. I may be visiting the St. Louis aquarium. Does anyone know if they had metal detectors before going in?
    3. I will be doing a lot of walking in the city. Any advice going in?

Any and all wisdom/advice is more than welcomed.
    I'm in Missouri often and not only are they a Constitutional Carry state, they honor our license.

I've never been to the aquarium so I can't help there, but I've carried everywhere there aside from when I went up into the arch (it's a National Park complete with metal detectors).

No Gun Signs do NOT carry the force of law, but familiarize yourself with them here.

Provided you stay in your vehicle as you transverse Illinois, you're good to go as well.

Honey_and_Vinegar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    I'm in Missouri often and not only are they a Constitutional Carry state, they honor our license.

I've never been to the aquarium so I can't help there, but I've carried everywhere there aside from when I went up into the arch (it's a National Park complete with metal detectors).

No Gun Signs do NOT carry the force of law, but familiarize yourself with them here.

Provided you stay in your vehicle as you transverse Illinois, you're good to go as well.

I appreciate this. I was going to head over to the arch, so I'm glad you mentioned the metal detectors.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    With a crime rate of 87 per one thousand residents, St. Louis has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 11.

Watch out for aggressive panhandling downtown like in your face yelling at you. Don’t go we’re an angel would fear to tread. My advice is to stay in the main tourist areas don’t stray far.

Last year we had a driver that took a bullet to the leg headed to a plant about 1/2 mile from the arch.

Before I retired this year I went through St. Louis six times a week. Some parts are like a 3rd world country police won’t show up till the shooting dies down.

nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    With a crime rate of 87 per one thousand residents, St. Louis has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 11.

Watch out for aggressive panhandling downtown like in your face yelling at you. Don’t go we’re an angel would fear to tread. My advice is to stay in the main tourist areas don’t stray far.

Last year we had a driver that took a bullet to the leg headed to a plant about 1/2 mile from the arch.

Before I retired this year I went through St. Louis six times a week. Some parts are like a 3rd world country police won’t show up till the shooting dies down.

Yep, and you will see open air drug use. Stay out of the alleys.

My wife took the kids there several years ago to visit the museum. Her car was broken into mid-day and they took literally everything.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I hopped off the interstate and drove downtown by the arch - ONCE. Never again. Nothing like having a national historic landmark and national park in such a sucky place. Way FEWER people visit today than used to, say, even just 12ish years ago. Example: In 2010 the arch had approx. 4M visitors. In 2022, 1.62M

Also, I always plan to NOT stop in IL ... at all ... unless absolutely necessary.

Honey_and_Vinegar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD

My hotel is about 0.8 miles from Busch Stadium. I was planning on walking there and walking back. Would you recommend that I not walk and just drive there instead?

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    My hotel is about 0.8 miles from Busch Stadium. I was planning on walking there and walking back. Would you recommend that I not walk and just drive there instead?
    I definitely would not be walking around that area after dark. I honestly don't like that area even in the daytime anymore, which I hate. I love the arch museum and used to love to go to supercross at the dome and stay by the arch, but not anymore.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I would NOT stay in that area, personally. When I'm in STL, my go to is to stay down off I-55/Butler Hill Rd. I have stayed at the Hilton Frontenac without issue as well.

Bottom line, no where near downtown or the ballpark...

Top Bottom