• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I don't believe the ones in your freezer legally count toward a possession limit. It means just what it says, in your possession. Say, going camping, you can't go shooting 3 days, bag 5 a day, and carry out 15 squirrels.

Right?

No, I'm pretty sure it means in your possession anywhere, hand, cooler, fridge, freezer, buddy's freezer. Wherever they are if they're yours.

Not that the "freezer police" are gonna come for you unless your an idiot about it. (not calling anyone an idiot - just that you could get busted if you were one).

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    No, I'm pretty sure it means in your possession anywhere, hand, cooler, fridge, freezer, buddy's freezer. Wherever they are if they're yours.

Not that the "freezer police" are gonna come for you unless your an idiot about it. (not calling anyone an idiot - just that you could get busted if you were one).

I have emailed DNR and asked for clarification, cause now I'm really curious. Though given the results of our squirrel hunting season thus far, it doesn't really matter to us LOL.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    thinking b4 typing

Well either your, DNR. Or the freezer police. You need not worry if I have 2 days limit, or 20 days limit, and as a matter of fact, I Eat as many as I want, when I want. And I give alot away. [insult removed- esrice] YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE HUNTING WITH ME, HOW MANY ARE KILLIN. WHOSE TAKIN WHAT HOME, [insult removed- esrice] [insult removed- esrice]

AND READ MR. WILLIAMS POST, SOUNDS LIKE HE THOUGHT BEFORE HE TYPES. THANKS YOU SIR, [insult removed- esrice]
    dear mr kennel,
    first off, I do think b4 I type. I was merely suggesting that you do the same. I am not DNR, though I do live near an Officer and he is a mighty nice feller, as long as you don't do something stupid or illegal in his presence. and as for your opinion of me in the reputation area of this forum, I am now gonna perturb you further and be the grammar police. It would be correctly stated, "You're a dick." Not, "YOUR A DICK". thanks to esrice for editing your obnoxious post. I was good naturedly(izzat a word?) attempting to keep you from putting your foot in your mouth b4 you put on your chocolate shoes. would you please reconsider your reply?:rolleyes:
    i really am about the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet. i just think you should obey the game laws. and if you aren't gonna obey the game laws, be smart enough to not advertise it on a public forum and expect us not to chastise you for it.
    as for mr williams' reply, he sounds like a nice enough fellow and judging by his other posts i've read he is also a wise, safe and considerate person and hunter. i shall try and emulate his demeanor, simply to improve your attitude, if for no other reason.:rolleyes::D:laugh:

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    that is what it is about!

My little man finally got his first squirrel. The dye in his hair is from Southport's football game at Lucas Oil :D

jm1st.jpg

We had a good Labor day

doublea.jpg
    great job hickman! tell little man there that I said congratulations. :rockwoot: I can still remember the first one I got. 2# fox squirrel coming straight down a shagbark at about 10' with grandpa's Marlin model 57 .22 magnum. if he hadn't been carrying that hickory nut in his mouth he'd have been a wreck to clean. I love pic's like that.

and thanks for your service,by the way.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    did you guys get a late frost?

Went out yesterday, took a limit. I found them cutting seed pods from poplars. No mast again this year, could be tough deer season.
    I've got acorns, walnuts and pignuts around here but no shagbark nuts to speak of. and I am afraid that I won't have any acorns for the deer the way the squirrels and the Jays are burning through them. I can't remember a year when we've had more squirrels. made about 2 gallons of soup last w/e so I could go out and kill a few more. gonna have another bowl of it in 'bout an hour. MMMM-MMMM good!:D

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    let us know

I have emailed DNR and asked for clarification, cause now I'm really curious. Though given the results of our squirrel hunting season thus far, it doesn't really matter to us LOL.
    please post the results so there is no ambiguity for mr. kennel. or the rest of us for that matter. I understand posession to mean posession. believe the regs say if they aren't yours and you have possession they must be labelled with the owners name and perhaps some other info. the DNR prolly has better things to do than root around in your freezer w/o cause, but why give them reason to think they have cause? :dunno:I notice that under mr. kennels screen name it says "banned". how is it that he still posts?
    and by the way. i'll post the same invitation for next years beanblossom blues brews and bullets squirrel hunt as soon as i find out the dates for the blues fest.

Top Bottom