• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    Tim, All SA says is they have shipped back "Thousands". I've spoken to them several times and I've always had a pretty nice person on the phone. As I said before I'm pretty sure the Phone Reps don't have the latest info. They have limited info and only specific information.

timhixson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Thanks, I am supposed to take possesion of a two tone .45 one tomorrow. I'll send it in and we can see how long it takes them.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Fed Ex just dropped it off. Fed Ex normally gets to my before 2pm, so I was hoping to go out this afternoon and put some rounds down range. Since I didn't get it until after 5pm, it will have to wait until tomorrow.

My initial impression is that the trigger pull has increased significantly, and there is a ton of pre-travel. Of course I haven't shot it in 2 months, and I have been mainly shooting my 1911's since, so maybe it isn't that much different and I have just been spoiled by the nicer triggers. But from what I recall, before the upgrade the trigger was 4-5 lbs, some pre-travel, but a clean break. Now it feels like it is about 7lbs, more pre-travel than I remember. I don't feel any stacking, and the break is still clean. No over-travel.

So I will shoot it tomorrow. And put it up for sale if I am not happier with it tomorrow than I am right now.

Last edited:

BIGE7.62

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    66   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    Mine was received on 9/3 also ,and still the status is " Has Been Received "
    Had it for sale before the recall and plan to sell it when ever it comes back

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Customer service. $8.00 hr ish
    hundreds of calls per day per rep.
    I wouldn't expect to get much useful info.
    Some may have but that was probably from a full timer:dunno:
    I just made up my mind when I mailed it to forget it because I can do nothing about it.
    Be here Friday!!!!

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Mine was received on 9/3 also ,and still the status is " Has Been Received "
    Had it for sale before the recall and plan to sell it when ever it comes back

I'm wondering what effect the recall will have on resale value. Will people pay full price, for the opportunity to get one that has already been returned? Or will demand go down as people are scared away from them? Or will the market be flooded with cheap XDS's as people are selling them off as soon as they get them back?

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    I'm wondering what effect the recall will have on resale value. Will people pay full price, for the opportunity to get one that has already been returned? Or will demand go down as people are scared away from them? Or will the market be flooded with cheap XDS's as people are selling them off as soon as they get them back?

I gambled on them holding about the same value. Sent mine in and was received on 9/4, still patiently awaiting a status change from received. A few weeks ago I came across a LNIB XDS45 for $500 and bought it, knowing I would need to send it in. When I bought my first one it was 600 OTD and the going rate around here. Not sure when I will send the 2nd one in, except that it won't be before I receive my 1st one back. Plus, I will be able to compare side by side the difference in trigger

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Ok so I figured out how to do the
    Evening delivery option
    for $5.00. 5-8p.m.
    Must create account then it will allow you to choose it.
    Then you will get confirmation emails.

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Just got the email that mine is on the way back. Supposed to be delivered on Friday. I sent mine in on the 8/30 and it was delivered to Springfield Armory on 9/3.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I gambled on them holding about the same value. Sent mine in and was received on 9/4, still patiently awaiting a status change from received. A few weeks ago I came across a LNIB XDS45 for $500 and bought it, knowing I would need to send it in. When I bought my first one it was 600 OTD and the going rate around here. Not sure when I will send the 2nd one in, except that it won't be before I receive my 1st one back. Plus, I will be able to compare side by side the difference in trigger
    This is'nt a bad idea. Depending on how satisfied I am with the "upgrade" on the one I have that's on the way back I would not totally be opposed to picking another one up on the secondary market as a back up if the price was right and then sending it in for the upgrade.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom