• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The status update says mine has been "sent back to me" but I have'nt received a shipping notification email yet.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    i got mine back yesterday. just not in love / trust. it any more.

Why not? I don't think there is any reason not to trust it. The problem with the unfixed XDs is the trigger does not reset when you rack the slide unless you are depressing the grip safety. It is almost impossible to do that though without depressing it unless you intend to do so. I still have mine (not fixed) and it does indeed not reset, but it is not easy to do it (and probably impossible to do it accidentally). Also, since the trigger does not reset the firing pin is free to move forward and from what I've seen online it does strike the primer, but 99.999% of the time it does not fire. If it does though it can go fully automatic potentially until it is empty.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Just got off the phone with a nasty lady. Telling me no promises were broken and I would get my gun back when it was fixed. She said if someone promised a 30 day turn around and they changed their mind then no one was lied to because them changing their mind on safety ground is not a lie. I asked when I could expect it back and she said when i get it. She said no gun was going to be returned to any owner unfixed, but any gun could be subject to another recall if anything still happens.. I was like WTF? So basically they are holding all our guns hostage and will not return them period until they deem them safe. I told her I still had another XDS that needed to be returned and she said "Well your luckier than most people to still have one to shoot." I was like IM NOT SUPPOSED TO SHOOT IT! ITS UNDER RECALL? She was like, "Oh yeah..well send us that one to so we can fix it." There is no way any time soon I would be sending a gun back to them. BEYOND UPSET...I told her im not upset with her personally, Im upset about being lied to by the company, she kept saying theres no way anyone was promised a 30 day turn around. It could be months. They are still working on day one fixes. And the first come first returned only applies to the first two days, As in if your gun was recieved on the 3rd and 4th those are the ones being worked on in no particular order.
    I have EMAILS stating different from their customer service and she told me I was lying....I offered to forward them to her if she gave me an email and she said she wasnt giving me her personal email address..lol...Asked to speak to a supervisor and she said they would tell me the same thing but they are busy.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Customer service. $8.00 hr ish
    hundreds of calls per day per rep.
    I wouldn't expect to get much useful info.
    Some may have but that was probably from a full timer:dunno:
    I just made up my mind when I mailed it to forget it because I can do nothing about it.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    My 45 was received on 9/5 and I have heard nothing back yet. My Kahr PM9 has been a worthy backup pitcher while the XDS has been away.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Finally got a shipping notification email . Looks like this ordeal might be over with in a couple days. (pending inspection/ test run to be conducted by myself)

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Will be a while before I get mine back. Good thing I've got some other things to keep me occupied in the meantime.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Just got off the phone with a nasty lady. Telling me no promises were broken and I would get my gun back when it was fixed. She said if someone promised a 30 day turn around and they changed their mind then no one was lied to because them changing their mind on safety ground is not a lie. I asked when I could expect it back and she said when i get it. She said no gun was going to be returned to any owner unfixed, but any gun could be subject to another recall if anything still happens.. I was like WTF? So basically they are holding all our guns hostage and will not return them period until they deem them safe. I told her I still had another XDS that needed to be returned and she said "Well your luckier than most people to still have one to shoot." I was like IM NOT SUPPOSED TO SHOOT IT! ITS UNDER RECALL? She was like, "Oh yeah..well send us that one to so we can fix it." There is no way any time soon I would be sending a gun back to them. BEYOND UPSET...I told her im not upset with her personally, Im upset about being lied to by the company, she kept saying theres no way anyone was promised a 30 day turn around. It could be months. They are still working on day one fixes. And the first come first returned only applies to the first two days, As in if your gun was recieved on the 3rd and 4th those are the ones being worked on in no particular order.
    I have EMAILS stating different from their customer service and she told me I was lying....I offered to forward them to her if she gave me an email and she said she wasnt giving me her personal email address..lol...Asked to speak to a supervisor and she said they would tell me the same thing but they are busy.

Pretty much how I was treated as well, at least when I actually got in contact with someone. In one of the few emails I actually got back from one of the supervisors I was given a direct phone number if I wanted to speak with her. I responded telling her that I would not be calling her and all communications would bi via email so I have an accurate record of what was said. The few remaining emails I received from them went cc to their company lawyer as well. I was tempted to record the calls with them but since they are based in Illinois and I don't know what the laws say about that there I decided not to. They have more money than I do so I'm sure they'd have a way to manipulate the law to their benefit.

Since the start of this I've saved a PDF printout of each FAQ and update page as it changed. They indeed promised us a 30 day turn around regardless of what they say now. It seems to be a common thing with them to change stories on a whim.

timhixson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    I'm looking at buying one that will need sent in. What should I expect for a turn around time? 6-8 weeks? Also, since I am not the original owner, do I need to be aware of anything?

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    Customer service. $8.00 hr ish
    hundreds of calls per day per rep.
    I wouldn't expect to get much useful info.
    Some may have but that was probably from a full timer:dunno:
    I just made up my mind when I mailed it to forget it because I can do nothing about it.

Agreed 100%

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    I'm looking at buying one that will need sent in. What should I expect for a turn around time? 6-8 weeks? Also, since I am not the original owner, do I need to be aware of anything?

You are definatley looking at months.. they are still working on day one fixes! Doesnt matter if you are original owner. Springfield wants all the guns returned for repair. I checked and mine is finally listed as fixed!!!!! Woot woot. I have one that hasn't been sent back and I won't be doing it anytime soon.

timhixson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    You are definatley looking at months.. they are still working on day one fixes! Doesnt matter if you are original owner. Springfield wants all the guns returned for repair. I checked and mine is finally listed as fixed!!!!! Woot woot. I have one that hasn't been sent back and I won't be doing it anytime soon.

Have they said how many guns they already have returned? I wonder what the percentage is of the total made that are back with them?

Top Bottom