• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    [h=5]First Springfield now FEDEX!!!!! SUPER DUpER MAD! Expecting a package today from Fed Ex. Truck just pulled up and backed in got me all excited. No one got out of the truck I even went and watched it from my porch. Truck leaves after like 5 minutes. I call Fed Ex and they said the driver attempted to deliver but no one was home. THAT ASSHAT DIDNT EVEN GET OUT OF THE TRUCK!I told them and they said oh wait it might be on a different truck then and will be delivered today still...WTF!!! This is my XDS Ive been waiting months for from the Springfield Recall... OMG SO MAD![/h]

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    First Springfield now FEDEX!!!!! SUPER DUpER MAD! Expecting a package today from Fed Ex. Truck just pulled up and backed in got me all excited. No one got out of the truck I even went and watched it from my porch. Truck leaves after like 5 minutes. I call Fed Ex and they said the driver attempted to deliver but no one was home. THAT ASSHAT DIDNT EVEN GET OUT OF THE TRUCK!I told them and they said oh wait it might be on a different truck then and will be delivered today still...WTF!!! This is my XDS Ive been waiting months for from the Springfield Recall... OMG SO MAD!

FedEx usually gets to my house by 2pm. On the day mine was out for delivery, at 2pm the FedEx truck slowed down in front of my house, then kept going. I was sure my XDS was on that truck, and I was furious. Then another FedEx truck showed up after 5pm and delivered it. If the FedEx website shows it out for delivery, you should get it later today.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    FedEx usually gets to my house by 2pm. On the day mine was out for delivery, at 2pm the FedEx truck slowed down in front of my house, then kept going. I was sure my XDS was on that truck, and I was furious. Then another FedEx truck showed up after 5pm and delivered it. If the FedEx website shows it out for delivery, you should get it later today.
    Same guy just showed up and dropped it off. He said no one was home earlier when he knocked. I told him he was crazy because I was on my porch the second he pulled up and saw he didnt get out. The website said attempted delivery, thats why I was so peeved.. Was not happy with the guy so I signed for my box and stopped talking to him.
    GOT MY 45!!! WOOT! FINALLY...Dry fire feels LOT heavier. Will be going out in the AM to shoot it. Will bring both my XDS 45s, one fixed one original and give AAR. Hope everyone gets theirs back soon.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    The one I've seen, the pistol returned with a trigger pull that was a measured 2 pounds heavier.. I've only seen one that was returned but that was the case and the owner was NOT happy about it.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III mechanic [FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] --[/FONT]1911 Mechanic

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Just opened mine up
    and safety/function checked.
    Not dirty, well lubed, extra mag
    present, trigger does not seem heavier.
    Heading to the range!

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    First Springfield now FEDEX!!!!! SUPER DUpER MAD! Expecting a package today from Fed Ex. Truck just pulled up and backed in got me all excited. No one got out of the truck I even went and watched it from my porch. Truck leaves after like 5 minutes. I call Fed Ex and they said the driver attempted to deliver but no one was home. THAT ASSHAT DIDNT EVEN GET OUT OF THE TRUCK!I told them and they said oh wait it might be on a different truck then and will be delivered today still...WTF!!! This is my XDS Ive been waiting months for from the Springfield Recall... OMG SO MAD!

Same guy just showed up and dropped it off. He said no one was home earlier when he knocked. I told him he was crazy because I was on my porch the second he pulled up and saw he didnt get out. The website said attempted delivery, thats why I was so peeved.. Was not happy with the guy so I signed for my box and stopped talking to him.
    GOT MY 45!!! WOOT! FINALLY...Dry fire feels LOT heavier. Will be going out in the AM to shoot it. Will bring both my XDS 45s, one fixed one original and give AAR. Hope everyone gets theirs back soon.

I hate FedEx. I won't use them unless in cases like this where I have no other choice, or more accurately the choice has been made for me. Our FedEx driver comes out of Richmond and has no respect for anyone. Many times over the past several years she has tossed boxes gotten nasty with my wife, threatened the dogs, etc. A month or so ago we had our entire driveway reworked, widened and a 50'x50' gravel pad raised and built for a new pole barn. Less than 3 hours after the work was done she made a delivery. Yep she decided that gravel pad was built as a turn around space for her and cut several ruts in the new gravel doing so. She was out the driveway and gone even while we shouted for her to stop. Within the next week Amazon sent something else delivered by FedEx. I wasn't home for this one but when I got back the box was left on the ground outside the boarded up back door with a sign on it that says please take all deliveries to the front door. The dogs had peed all over the box by the time I got home and there were more ruts in the building pad. I went over to the hub in Richmond and raised hell-o. I was told the manager was on vacation and there was no one I could talk to. A week later I saw another tracking number from Amazon for them. This time I put 2 trash cans in the driveway blocking the entire thing so she would have to stop short of the building pad and walk up. NOPE, SHE DROVE THROUGH THE YARD TO GET THERE. My wife had stuff on the stove when the dogs went nuts. She got to the door just in time to see her drive around the cans through the yard on her way out. I made it perfectly clear to FedEx that their drivers are not welcome on our property anymore & why and if I see one again then I will file trespassing charges against them. When I got the tracking number for my XDS is said it was held for customer pickup at the Richmond hub.

I'd be happy if I never saw another FedEx truck again.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Heres my report. I took an unfixed one and my newly returned XDS .45 out today and fired roughly 30 rounds or so thru each. The trigger pull on the fixed one is at LEAST 2-3 lbs heavier, feels like a three part trigger, slack, heavier, then even heavier before the gun actually fires.... Will not be keeping the gun. Anyone want to make an offer? The unfired one I shot so well with and wish I could carry it every day but don't want to risk any liability if something were to happen. Really disappointed with the fixed XDS 45.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Heres my report. I took an unfixed one and my newly returned XDS .45 out today and fired roughly 30 rounds or so thru each. The trigger pull on the fixed one is at LEAST 2-3 lbs heavier, feels like a three part trigger, slack, heavier, then even heavier before the gun actually fires.... Will not be keeping the gun. Anyone want to make an offer? The unfired one I shot so well with and wish I could carry it every day but don't want to risk any liability if something were to happen. Really disappointed with the fixed XDS 45.

And here come the idiots who thing they can get it for $50 because we don't like the gun anymore. In 3.....2.....1......GO

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Hmm. Thinking about getting rid of mine because
    I really liked shooting
    a p226 finally. The more I go back to a
    larger more contoured grip
    the more I want my xdm 3.8 back as far as xdeez
    are concerned.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Just sent mine back Friday. We'll see how it goes. I loved it before. Maybe there will be a trigger fix soon if they all seem to come back jacked up.... I'm optimistic though.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I would not carry one needing to be repaired. I think if you used it for defense the bad guys lawyer might use this in his defense.
    What difference could it possibly make? If you shoot someone, the wound would be NO different whether it was repaired or not!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    How, If I used it in defense and it worked as it was originally supposed to, no problem. I intended to shoot the guy robbing me and it worked as intended. The only way I see the recall helping is for the criminals. A guy goes into a store to rob it and the gun goes off the criminal says hey it wasnt supposed to, must be a problem with the gun. Theres actually a few cases like this already Ive heard...
    Can you post links to these stories? I'm sure we would all like to read them.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

Yep, it happens. I've posted on this forum and another that I wasn't happy with mine and getting rid of it. $50 was the lowest lowball offer I received, most were around $200. Just because we aren't happy with what was done with our guns doesn't make us stupid. Some think it does. Not as much on here as the other forum, thankfully.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    After testing mine out I agree that there seems to be a tad bit stiffer trigger pull but i've still experienced worse DA triggers. I think it will probably remain an acceptable carry option for me as long as the "upgrade" proves to be as reliable as it was pre- recall.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Yep, it happens. I've posted on this forum and another that I wasn't happy with mine and getting rid of it. $50 was the lowest lowball offer I received, most were around $200. Just because we aren't happy with what was done with our guns doesn't make us stupid. Some think it does. Not as much on here as the other forum, thankfully.

I've already got offers from here for like 350.... really...just because I don't like it compared to what it was doesn't mean its not a great gun. I just like carrying my 19 again and don't lime the triggerpull anymore. If anything the price should go up do to the fixed ones not having any wait. Gu shops still selling broken ones for high prices..

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Shot mine today - trigger pull seems a little stiffer but not bad. I only put 50 rounds through it (30 two hand, 10 weak hand only, 10 strong hand only) and didn't strip it or clean it first - took it right out of the box that it came back in from SA and threw it in the range bag.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Mine came back as clean as I sent it in so it probably was never test fired. I field stripped it to check out the internals then put it back together and did a function test before I took it out to the range. I could'nt tell the difference visually other than the roll pin thru the grip safety.

Top Bottom