• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Hey, at least they said something. Far better than what was happening before.

What did they actually say? The only thing they did on the FAQ page was to remove the bit of information at the top and give it a new date. There is no new information on that page. I've been saving PDF printouts every time the page changes since this started.

I did get an email containing more spin. Why was this information not put on the FAQ page for everyone to see? I'm sure many got the email as well, but not all. Now it seems we have two ways Springfield is disseminating information, and those two ways don't have the same information.

But no need to be concerned. Have patience, don't worry about the past misinformation, deception & manipulation. Trust us, we know what were doing. These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Last edited:

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    What did they actually say? The only thing they did on the FAQ page was to remove the bit of information at the top and give it a new date. There is no new information on that page. I've been saving PDF printouts every time the page changes since this started.

I did get an email containing more spin. Why was this information not put on the FAQ page for everyone to see? I'm sure many got the email as well, but not all. Now it seems we have two ways Springfield is disseminating information, and those two ways don't have the same information.

But no need to be concerned. Have patience, don't worry about the past misinformation, deception & manipulation. Trust us, we know what were doing. These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Hello,
    I am not saying there is no need for concern, just saying better to hear something than nothing. I am frustrated as well, but what can I do about it right now? They have my gun. If you got some new info in a private email, could you please let us in on it.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    Below is the message I received this morning.

XD-S™ Recall Update 10/09/2013
    XD-S™ Upgrade Testing Very Near Completion
    We last updated this site Friday, October 4, with the good news that we have found what we believe is the final solution for the XD-S™ upgrade and that we would be continuing exhaustive testing through the week.
    We are very pleased to let you know that a large majority of the testing is complete and is going extremely well. We believe we are very close to being able to give our valued customers more specific information about when they can expect their XD-S™ pistols to be returned to them.
    We will update this site again on Friday, October 11 and fully expect that we will have more great news to share.We are making final arrangements for upgrading the pistols that our customers returned to us.
    In the meantime, please accept our heartfelt thanks for your patience, loyalty and support of Springfield Armory®. We remain fully committed to resolving this recall as quickly as possible and we are confident that you will be extremely pleased with your upgraded 3.3 XD-S™.
    As a reminder, do not use your 3.3 XD-S™ until the upgrade has been performed.**

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Hello,
    I am not saying there is no need for concern, just saying better to hear something than nothing. I am frustrated as well, but what can I do about it right now? They have my gun. If you got some new info in a private email, could you please let us in on it.

The only private email I received was the one listed below as well. Well that one and a couple telling me they will answer some questions if I call. I told them I will not be calling them, I want my questions answered via email so I have a record of what was said since there's so many conflicting reports. They sent me a second email saying they want me to call and won't answer via email. My communications with Springfield are finished, when I get my firearms back from them they will either be sold or thrown in a wood chipper depending on how bad they pi$$ me off.

Below is the message I received this morning.

XD-S™ Recall Update 10/09/2013
    XD-S™ Upgrade Testing Very Near Completion
    We last updated this site Friday, October 4, with the good news that we have found what we believe is the final solution for the XD-S™ upgrade and that we would be continuing exhaustive testing through the week.
    We are very pleased to let you know that a large majority of the testing is complete and is going extremely well. We believe we are very close to being able to give our valued customers more specific information about when they can expect their XD-S™ pistols to be returned to them.
    We will update this site again on Friday, October 11 and fully expect that we will have more great news to share.We are making final arrangements for upgrading the pistols that our customers returned to us.
    In the meantime, please accept our heartfelt thanks for your patience, loyalty and support of Springfield Armory®. We remain fully committed to resolving this recall as quickly as possible and we are confident that you will be extremely pleased with your upgraded 3.3 XD-S™.
    As a reminder, do not use your 3.3 XD-S™ until the upgrade has been performed.**

Received this one around 8pm last night. Can't wait to see what kind of non-communication comes through tomorrow.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I envy many of you guys. Springfield has two of my guns, and I'm not pleased, but on the list of things for me to get wound up about, this is about #47. I wish the rest of my life was so easy that I could direct so much energy toward complaining about something that I can't change.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    I envy many of you guys. Springfield has two of my guns, and I'm not pleased, but on the list of things for me to get wound up about, this is about #47. I wish the rest of my life was so easy that I could direct so much energy toward complaining about something that I can't change.
    You can change it. Let the company know how you feel like the rest of us and things will change or they will lose business. Why even post if your going to whine about everyone else actual issues.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    You can change it. Let the company know how you feel like the rest of us and things will change or they will lose business. Why even post if your going to whine about everyone else actual issues.

Exactly.
    Right from the FAQ page (before they removed it anyway)

"Thank you for the positive response to our voluntary safety recall and to our most recent update. We exercised extreme caution by issuing this recall and we did so because safety is, and always has been, our paramount concern. We truly appreciate the enormous support, patience and loyalty of our customers and we remain committed to resolving this matter quickly and ensuring that you are pleased with your upgraded 3.3 XD-STM."

One of two thing is true about this statement. First either it's nothing but spin and they're hiding the fact so many are honked off. (Most likely).
    Second, People have actually been calling them and thanking them for lying to them and getting these dangerous guns off the streets. :n00b:

By all means, let Springfield know how you feel about it. Upset or pleased about the recall, tell them. Companies need to own their customer service, good or bad. Posting anything here won't tell them anything. They monitor XDTalk but aren't active there. There is no chance what is said on our forum will make it to them.

Let them know how you feel.

peggyh@springfield-armory.com
    MattP@springfield-armory.com
    recall@springfield-armory.com

cmkaehr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Just got this email from them

Dear Springfield Customer,

We are pleased to announce that our testing was successful and is complete.We will receive our first shipment of upgrade parts early next week and will*begin shipping upgraded XD-S™ pistols back to our customers the week of October 21 on a first-received/first-upgraded basis.

Once your pistol has been upgraded and is shipped back to you, an e-mail confirmation with tracking information will be sent to you at the e-mail address you provided.

For additional update information please click the link below to view the FAQ for the XD-S™ recall. If this document doesn't address your question, please call*800-680-6866*or send your question torecall@springfield-armory.com

Top Bottom