• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I had a Colt XSE (Colt's equivalent to the Loaded) and a Springer Loaded both in stainless. Still have the Loaded and am very happy with it. CM bought my Colt and gave it some love then sent it on its way again. The Colt was in all aspects just not as well built as the Springer is and the Springer is under $800 whereas the Colt was $1k+.

I'm sure you will love the Loaded. I now have two Springers the Loaded and an MC Operator. And now considering an RO compact. They really do multiply.
    How dare you say such horrible things about the almighty Colt!!!!
    -Colt fanboys

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Great choice OP. I have owned 2 Springfields over the years and they have both been Loaded models. Had one originally for many years and ended up selling it against my better judgement and regretted it to the point that I bought another one 3 days later. Enjoy.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    How dare you say such horrible things about the almighty Colt!!!!
    -Colt fanboys

Colt is a four letter word to some (me included) from bad experience on a couple personal models. Then also as a USAF CATM before retirement well over 10% of the brand new M4's had issues where we had to replace the burst cam and trigger return springs and any number of other ailments.

In 1911's there are a several good solid choices, About the only ones I would rate Colt above is the generic overseas imports (not a part or 2 but the whole gun).

Springfields are a great choice and work no matter which model.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Colt is a four letter word to some (me included) from bad experience on a couple personal models. Then also as a USAF CATM before retirement well over 10% of the brand new M4's had issues where we had to replace the burst cam and trigger return springs and any number of other ailments.

In 1911's there are a several good solid choices, About the only ones I would rate Colt above is the generic overseas imports (not a part or 2 but the whole gun).

Springfields are a great choice and work no matter which model.

I meant to add purple

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You can always change the sights on any of them if they don't suit your need. I was looking for a R.O. and came across a good deal on a previously owned Loaded so I bought it. The night sights were kind of weak so I opted for a new set of Novak style, combat, adjustable rear, night sights from Fusion. The best of both worlds I guess. I still want a TRP though, if for nothing more than the "Cool" factor.

Yes but other than a parts replacement (like dimming night sights) whats the point??? The idea with the RO is getting a out of the box Target pistol that is ready. The only thing to do is buy extra mags for it. As far as adding night sights to a carry gun that in its self is not a major expense, adding a Bomar sight and getting the slide cut is.

SS 396

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Coatesville
    We told you that you would be buying more 1911s, :D congrats on another new 1911.
    Now be sure an show us pictures of your third 1911 in a couple weeks;).
    Told you they are addictive, enjoy your 1911s they are a great firearm.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well, I'll say that the breakdown and re-assembly of the Loaded is definitely different than the Ruger. I struggled getting it back together, but learned a couple of tricks that should help, as long as I remember them. Have a nice blood blister on my left thumb for my efforts, but the gun has been cleaned and lubed and is ready for action at lunch today!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Let us know how the Loaded and the Ruger compare to each other.

I'll do that. I unfortunately only have 50 rounds and don't have spare funds to pick up more, but I'm sure I'll get a good feel for things between a couple of mags in each. Only have time for about 30 minutes at the range at lunch time anyway, so it should work out fine. I'm really looking forward to the range trip today!

IUprof

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Fort Worth
    What are your opinions on a Springfield LW Champion. Seen one in the classifieds. I like the way it looks.

I have a LW Champion Operator. It is my favorite pistol. I also have an RO with Harrison sights and SR1911. It seems like the balance of the commander size is just right, but I like them all :):

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Well, I'll say that the breakdown and re-assembly of the Loaded is definitely different than the Ruger. I struggled getting it back together, but learned a couple of tricks that should help, as long as I remember them. Have a nice blood blister on my left thumb for my efforts, but the gun has been cleaned and lubed and is ready for action at lunch today!

The only downside to a nicer Springfield is the two piece guide rod, I would ditch it and run a regular unit myself. IMO. I remember my good friend bringing his new Loaded over one day and after a couple minutes we were over that thing! Other than that they rock, can't wait to hear your range thoughts!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The only downside to a nicer Springfield is the two piece guide rod, I would ditch it and run a regular unit myself. IMO. I remember my good friend bringing his new Loaded over one day and after a couple minutes we were over that thing! Other than that they rock, can't wait to hear your range thoughts!

You guys seriously struggle with the guide rod.....enough to ditch it.......:dunno:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Yeah that was the big difference. Getting the spring seated back in was a chore. It was worse because I hadn't seated the bushing and hadn't locked the safety so the slide would stay in place. Those two things together really had me screwed up until I figured it out and after that it was pretty simple (though not as easy as the Ruger). I'm guessing it will be very similar to the Ruger when I shoot it, but we'll see :)

Top Bottom