• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RW97

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2016
    Muncie
    Can we see a finished product? Looks like it's going to turn out to look pretty sweet. May just have to do this too

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Sadly, it is sitting in the exact same condition as when these pics were taken. At this point we are waiting for a nice warm and dry day ton finish the grey and get it all done. We will post updates when it's done. I promise.

Twinsen

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Indiana
    I must be new to this. I cant help but think you ruined a perfectly good looking rifle. doesnt the rattle can paint make the grip and foregrip feel.... awful? This is probably something you never intend to sell.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    It looks like they had a good time doing it. Doing something unique and personalizing it to NOT look like the guy's rifle next to you at the range sounds like a fun idea. While it may not help "resale", I don't buy things with the intent to sell them. Sure, it happens occasionally, but wouldn't steer me away from a fun project. A good soak in some acetone (minus plastic) and its good as new. To each their own though! I'd like to see how it turns out when you're finished!

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I must be new to this. I cant help but think you ruined a perfectly good looking rifle. doesnt the rattle can paint make the grip and foregrip feel.... awful? This is probably something you never intend to sell.

He was 9 when he started saving for parts to build this rifle. I gifted him the lower and matched him dollar for dollar. He washed dishes, did yard work, helped with laundry, asked if he could help, passed up on play time to work to earn money. He earned every dollar he saved up to buy the parts to build a gun like dad's. He got it all in little by little. He assembled his lower. I held the small pieces and helped out where necessary, but he did it. He even loaded the first 2 rounds that went down the pipe. He busted his tail for that gun from the ground up. It won't be sold. EVER. I told him he could get any parts he wanted for it and do whatever he wanted with it. It is his. He told me he wanted to spray paint it camo. I said, uhhh, are you sure. He goes, yup. Blue and white. My jaw dropped and I asked him 37 times if he was certain. He was. I said it's yours. Let's go buy paint. Lol. I cringed a little at the thought of it, but we had a blast doing it and it actually turned out looking pretty good. I was and still am a pretty proud papa.

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    He was 9 when he started saving for parts to build this rifle. I gifted him the lower and matched him dollar for dollar. He washed dishes, did yard work, helped with laundry, asked if he could help, passed up on play time to work to earn money. He earned every dollar he saved up to buy the parts to build a gun like dad's. He got it all in little by little. He assembled his lower. I held the small pieces and helped out where necessary, but he did it. He even loaded the first 2 rounds that went down the pipe. He busted his tail for that gun from the ground up. It won't be sold. EVER. I told him he could get any parts he wanted for it and do whatever he wanted with it. It is his. He told me he wanted to spray paint it camo. I said, uhhh, are you sure. He goes, yup. Blue and white. My jaw dropped and I asked him 37 times if he was certain. He was. I said it's yours. Let's go buy paint. Lol. I cringed a little at the thought of it, but we had a blast doing it and it actually turned out looking pretty good. I was and still am a pretty proud papa.

And thats what its about Being Proud of our kids

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I hope more folks post their paint jobs. This is one of the more interesting and fun threads.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Not to derail, but this is mine so far. It was going to be a distressed white with different colors painted under the white, and failed miserably, so now I may just keep it white, or add a camo pattern. While maybe not everyone's taste, I love white rifles, or snow camo jobs.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Well.......I wonder if the gray paint went on after school today since it was so nice out. I hope it did. I am anxious to see the finished product. Looking good so far!

Top Bottom