• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rz317

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2008
    Speed Shotgun Matches at Atlanta Conservation Club: March 14, July 11

I know this is a few months away, but I thought I’d get the word out there early.

In addition to our Multi-Gun club matches, we are going to try something else new in the 2010 season. Atlanta conservation Club will host two “Speed Shotgun Matches”. It seems that there has been increased interest in Shotgun-only matches in this country in recent years and we’re going to give hosting a couple of them a try.

The first Speed Shotgun Match at ACC will be held on Sunday March 14, 2010.

The details below will also be available at www.atlantacc.net soon…

Atlanta Conservation Club
    Speed Shotgun Match
    March 14, 2010

Presented by
    Atlanta Multi-Gun

Description: This will be a 5-stage “Pro Am style”all-shotgun match. Most stages will involve some use of props, and will also require some movement. Targets will be knock-down steel (plates, poppers, etc.) and clay birds. Most stages may have 20-30 or more targets. Each stage will have a “Par Time” (time limit). Par Times will be set so that no one will realistically be able to neutralize all the targets… just get as many as you can before time runs out.

Divisions:
    Open: No restrictions on ammo capacity, modifications, or accessories.

Standard: No optics, ports, compensators, speed-loaders, or detachable magazines allowed. Shotguns may not be loaded with more than 9 rounds prior to the start signal, but capacity will not be limited after the start signal.

Standard Manual: Same as Standard Division, but shotgun must have a manually operated action (pump, lever, etc.)

Ammo & what else to bring: Due to the high number of targets, we recommended bringing at least 100 rounds. Minimum caliber is 20 Gauge for all Divisions. Lead birdshot only. Some type of shell carriers/pouches are recommended, but additional ammo may be stored in pockets, etc. We also recommend that you bring gloves for resetting lead splattered targets.

Scoring: Each stage has a Par Time that is the maximum amount of time a shooter has to shoot a stage. Par Time will be equal for all Divisions. When the Par Time is reached, the buzzer will sound. There will be no penalty for shots taken overtime but targets engaged/neutralized overtime will not count for score. Targets must be neutralized to score: steel must fall and clays must break (1 BB hole is a break). The RO may verbally indicate that a clay is broken. Your score on a stage is simply the number of targets you neutralized. Your final match score is the sum of your stage scores. There will be no penalties for targets not engaged or failure to neutralize, unless per the stage description requirement.

Penalties: Shooting from an illegal position will incur one hit penalty per shot fired. Failing to follow stage requirements per the stage description will incur the number of hit penalties stated in the stage description.

Match Fee
    $20 per entry.
    Half price for ROs and Saturday set-up crew.

Ryan Zamberlan
    Multi-Gun Match Director
    Atlanta Conservation Club

Last edited:

rz317

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2008
    Thanks for posting that video, dave.

Stage 2 at the 2009 Ft. Benning 3-Gun was a "Pro Am" style all-shotgun stage. I thought it was a lot of fun to shoot, and is what got me thinking about putting on the Speed Shotgun matches at ACC.

Here's Taran Butler shooting Stage 2... I thought that it'd be more entertaining then watching me shoot it. :laugh:

YouTube - Taran Stage 2, Ft. Benning 3G December 5, 2009.mov

rz317

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2008
    I'll have to bring out the ole double barrel 10 gauge for this one...

Brett, I'd love to see that! It'd qualify for Standard Manual Division, even though there's no "manual operation" between the 1st and 2nd barrel... of course you could port it and/or put an RDS on it and shoot in Open. :laugh:

RZ

a zone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    I am so bad with a shotgun it scares me. Time to overcome the fear and move forward. Look forward to the match. I will be there for set up. See you on the range.

Top Bottom