• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    Thank You, to Ryan, and everyone who had a hand in putting on this event.

This was my first time shooting competitive stages, and I had a great time.

My goals going into this were to:

1. Be safe on the range at all times. When you're on the clock, and inexperienced, you forget little things, like opportunities where you had planned to shove a couple more in the tube while going from one position to another. I didn't want safety to be one of the things forgotten. :yesway:

2. Become more proficient in the operation of MY shotgun. I didn't run a gun set up for gaming, and don't really ever intend to. (I've been eyeing an M2 just as a secondary HD gun, honest) :yesway:

3. Have fun. After all, shooting things is fun! (O_P) :ar15:

Thanks again, for setting up a course where I could accomplish all three. The only thing that would have been better is to run each stage twice. (and a little more par time :):)

a zone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    Sounds like I missed a fun day of shooting challenge. Ryan puts on a great match. And all of his hard work as a match director and a shooter shows in his match. Catch you all the next time.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I want another crack at #2 and #5!!! That sums up my day yesterday...give me a few more seconds PLEASE!!!

Anyway, again, good times and a great match.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Help me understand the scoring

Can you explain how the "Total Points" are calculated? I thought that total points were just the sum of the points on individual stages; but I may be mistaken. My individual stage points were:

10 + 8 + 7 + 9 + 11 = 45

In the Total Points column my score reads 36.5. I don't believe that I had any penalties; am I misunderstanding how the Total Points are calculated?

Scores are posted at Atlanta Conservation Club Downloads, Multi Gun Scores.

rz317

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2008
    Can you explain how the "Total Points" are calculated? I thought that total points were just the sum of the points on individual stages; but I may be mistaken. My individual stage points were:

10 + 8 + 7 + 9 + 11 = 45

In the Total Points column my score reads 36.5. I don't believe that I had any penalties; am I misunderstanding how the Total Points are calculated?

Sorry guys, I made an error in either data entry or in the formula. It has been corrected and I have sent the corrected scores to Mark.

By the way, thanks again to all who attended the match, and also for the kind words and feedback. I had a great time myself and am looking forward to next time.

We had a turnout of 23 shooters and were able to fill 4 squads, which I thought was great for a new match, not to mention the possibility of rain.

As far as the par times go, after some discussion, next time they will be 20-30% longer in most cases. I still want to keep the concept that a smokin' run even for an open shooter would be about 80%... do as much damage as you can before the end.

Scores are finished and will be available on www.atlantacc.net soon.

Your score on a stage is simply the number of targets you neutralized. Your final match score is the sum of your stage scores.

In tallying the final match scores, I realized that we had 3 ties. Here is how ties will be handled...
    In the event of a tie, i.e. two or more shooters finish with the total points, then total rank will be used to break the tie. A shooter's total rank is the sum of all his/her stage ranks. If a shooter wins a stage, his/her stage rank = 1. In a 5 stage match, if a shooter wins every stage, his/her total rank = 5. In the event two or more shooters finish with the same final match score, then the shooter with the lowest total rank will finish one place higher. If the shooters have the same total rank, then the points from Stage 1 will be used to break the tie. If the shooters tied on Stage 1, then Stage 2 will break the tie. If the shooters tied on Stage 2, then Stage 3 will break the tie, and so on, and so on.

Ryan Zamberlan
    Multi-Gun Match Director
    Atlanta Conservation Club
    Atlanta, IN
    www.atlantacc.net

Last edited:

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Firstly, this was my first time to ACC, and I had a GREAT time! I will definitely be back for more!

Second, thanks a bunch to Ryan, and everybody else for setting this up!

I only met a couple of you guys, but everyone there seemed like real good guys, and I enjoyed shooting with you.
    I didn't feel endangered by any of you, except just briefly by AmericanBob.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thanks again!

Top Bottom