• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    No, it's a tragedy for the officer and his family. None of this "all those involved" nonsense. I have seen no reason why I should sympathize with anyone other than the officer, his family his PD, and those that cared about him. If you raise a doped up murdering dirtbag, or don't because you're absent, you get no sympathy from me.

I got what he meant. I think he's just a good person. I don't think every(drug abuser) druggie dirt bag had bad parents. I think that's a stretch. Maybe he had good parents? Maybe he had **** parents. If they contributed or just ignored his ways then yeah **** them. If they tried hard and he just chose drugs and being a dirt bag over his family then I can see showing them some sympathy.
    If I hear anyone get on the news and talk about this scum being a good person well they just made the scum bag list with him in my opinion. Maybe he was a good criminal among his criminal brothers and family but he wasn't a good person. Good people don't act like that and shoot cops too.
    But yeah me personally I don't give a rat's ass about this dirt bags family either way. All I care about is a wife and child and a mother and father and possible siblings who all lost their world (allen). Also his fellow officers and friends

Last edited:

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I'm just gonna leave this here. RIP

[video=youtube;DrnurEYwpaQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrnurEYwpaQ[/video]

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    No illegal act should be able to serve as the basis for a defense of a more serious crime. If he had a really bad reaction to a new med he had taken 2 hours before, I could roll with that. A bad reaction from a substance he was not supposed to have to begin with does not fly.

Sometimes Evil takes over. Evil is usually defeated but there's always a cost and loss of human life.
    I see things that don't have an explanation of reason.
    History has shown that Evil is present and is only defeated in one way.
    This low life puke got touched and shaken by Evil.
    Whatever his reason or excuse I have no sympathy for the murdering ****er.
    I knew the fallen officer, once I even had lunch with him at the Patio, and I saw him around my mom's neighborhood frequently. He seemed like a good person. He appeared to care for people.
    It doesn't have anything to do with my feelings for the killer. I have ZERO use for a killer and even less use for a Cop Killer
    I figure this puke will spend time in a Penitentiary. I don't know how any of that stuff works but I hope he's not treated well at all.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Sometimes Evil takes over. Evil is usually defeated but there's always a cost and loss of human life.
    I see things that don't have an explanation of reason.
    History has shown that Evil is present and is only defeated in one way.
    This low life puke got touched and shaken by Evil.
    Whatever his reason or excuse I have no sympathy for the murdering ****er.
    I knew the fallen officer, once I even had lunch with him at the Patio, and I saw him around my mom's neighborhood frequently. He seemed like a good person. He appeared to care for people.
    It doesn't have anything to do with my feelings for the killer. I have ZERO use for a killer and even less use for a Cop Killer
    I figure this puke will spend time in a Penitentiary. I don't know how any of that stuff works but I hope he's not treated well at all.

Reading the posts by cops above and talking to some personally it sounds like he will be in resort like living till he dies. Or maybe they'll let him out before he dies which is terrible too
    I hope he hangs himself before the trial

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    No, it's a tragedy for the officer and his family. None of this "all those involved" nonsense. I have seen no reason why I should sympathize with anyone other than the officer, his family his PD, and those that cared about him. If you raise a doped up murdering dirtbag, or don't because you're absent, you get no sympathy from me.

Holy crap....I agree with Kut on something:)

3badkids

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm so surprised the officers that followed up behind Lt Allan showed such restraint by not returning a hail of fire on Brown. I mean come on who would hand down an indictment for that. I can't help but to picture him with his hands up in the air (as to surrender) and it was only because he was out of bullets. I have to question if those officers even knew that all the shots they had just heard was Brown emptying his gun on a fallen officer that never drew his weapon. Did I miss it somewhere in the news ? Did Allan even get a shot off in return ?

I don't post often my own personal beliefs or opinions of people especially those who I can't muster any symphony for. His actions can not be justified in any way. For me all I feel is sadness for the officer and his family. This is one of the worst incidents involving an officer in this kind of a scenario (helping someone) that I can recall. It also hits hard because it's right in my own backyard. I don't know if I should admire those officers that apprehended him or be mad because they should have dropped him in the same manner he did Lt Allan.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't know if I should admire those officers that apprehended him or be mad because they should have dropped him in the same manner he did Lt Allan.

Admire them. As much as some want to believe (not talking about anyone on INGO) that officers are all just chomping at the bit to shoot someone, the vast majority take their oath very seriously and meant every word of it when they recited it. I believe Brown had emptied his pistol before the officers could have gotten a decent shot at him. They did return fire but by the time they could actually see him he was out of ammo and likely had dropped the pistol. Considering he was hanging upside down and possibly unconscious his hands would have been effectively raised over his head. It is one thing to face down an armed person with murderous intentions and shoot them down, it is quite another to put a coup de gras into an unarmed and incapacitated person regardless of what they had just done.

I am glad I was not one of the officers on scene when this went down. Officers in this type of situation have a tendency to "what if" themselves and carry the weight of survivor's guilt on their shoulders for the rest of their lives. I hope they can come to understand that they had no control over what happened, did not do anything wrong and could not have known or prevented what occurred.

3badkids

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Admire them. As much as some want to believe (not talking about anyone on INGO) that officers are all just chomping at the bit to shoot someone, the vast majority take their oath very seriously and meant every word of it when they recited it. I believe Brown had emptied his pistol before the officers could have gotten a decent shot at him. They did return fire but by the time they could actually see him he was out of ammo and likely had dropped the pistol. Considering he was hanging upside down and possibly unconscious his hands would have been effectively raised over his head. It is one thing to face down an armed person with murderous intentions and shoot them down, it is quite another to put a coup de gras into an unarmed and incapacitated person regardless of what they had just done.

I am glad I was not one of the officers on scene when this went down. Officers in this type of situation have a tendency to "what if" themselves and carry the weight of survivor's guilt on their shoulders for the rest of their lives. I hope they can come to understand that they had no control over what happened, did not do anything wrong and could not have known or prevented what occurred.

Well said and this is why I'm a civilian. Its unimaginable for me to put myself in such a situation and guess what my actions would have been. Consider my post only a suggestion as to what I would have liked the outcome to have been.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well said and this is why I'm a civilian. Its unimaginable for me to put myself in such a situation and guess what my actions would have been. Consider my post only a suggestion as to what I would have liked the outcome to have been.

When I read your post I thought about the same as you until I considered the reality's of taking a life. Regardless. A good and honest man will live with it forever. That burden is not one could carry lightly.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

:yesway:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

So very true there.
    The first thing that comes to mind when thinking of your words is this scene near the end of "American Sniper":

Psychologist: Do you ever think...that you might have seen things or done things over there that you wish you hadn't?
    Chris Kyle: Oh, that's not me. No.
    Psychologist: What's not you?
    Chris Kyle: I was just protecting my guys.
    Chris Kyle: They were trying to kill our soldiers...and I'm willing to meet my Creator and answer for every shot that I took.
    Chris Kyle: The thing...that haunts me are all the guys that I couldn't save.
    Chris Kyle: You know, I'm willing and able to be there but I'm not. I'm here. I quit.
    Psychologist: So you wish you could've saved more guys?
    Chris Kyle: Yes, sir.

Hard to watch that scene on the big screen and not get a major lump in the throat.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I DO think this is a tragedy for all of those involved though. The officer is gone, and his family is left to deal with his passing and try to move forward with their lives. The shooter has sealed his fate on the path that he has taken, and through a series of horrible decisions he has changed his life and the lives of those around him forever. I'm not sure what your definition of "tragedy" is, but to help you out here is one:
    "Tragedy - an event causing great suffering, destruction, and distress, such as a serious accident, crime, or natural catastrophe."
    If you can tell me how that doesn't apply then I'm all ears.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I DO think this is a tragedy for all of those involved though. The officer is gone, and his family is left to deal with his passing and try to move forward with their lives. The shooter has sealed his fate on the path that he has taken, and through a series of horrible decisions he has changed his life and the lives of those around him forever. I'm not sure what your definition of "tragedy" is, but to help you out here is one:
    "Tragedy - an event causing great suffering, destruction, and distress, such as a serious accident, crime, or natural catastrophe."
    If you can tell me how that doesn't apply then I'm all ears.

The shooter is pondscum, and the real tragedy is what the Allan family is now enduring thanks to this pondscum.
    The only tragedy that will follow this is that more than likely, said pondscum will evade the capital punishment he so rightly deserved.
    Even if he were to get sentenced to what he deserves, he won't ride the lightning, as he would have done thirty years ago.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I pondered my last post for three days before writing it, knowing that a very few would see my point and most would take offense and probably tell me so.

I have a son 23 who has mental illness, I know that it is my fault and I am ultimatly responsible for any thing he does wrong, because I was such a bad parent. I took him to church 3 times a week, sent him to private Christian school, taught him to work, be honest, pay his bills, be polite &t. I know that many are opposed to my beliefs so I am a child abuser.

On another point that was made about breaking the law, because he was a marijuana user he was not allowed to buy, own or posess a fire arm. There are sone on this site who vehemently disagree with this. They contend that there is nothing wrong with Marijuana use. This is a moot point because I am sure that their arguments are purely intelectual, because NO gun owner would use marijuana, because it would make them an improper person.

Top Bottom