• ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Ouch. I always had good experiences at elmores. At least we can all be sure that the burglars will soon die of lung cancer.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Hasn't Indy Trading Post had numerous attempted robberies? It's generally thought that they are very nice I think. This is just a numbers and probability thing.

It is really striking to see the venom some people have for this store. It takes some serious dedication to **** off that many people so much.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Elmores can go suck it. It is terrible that anyone would do this...yadda, yadda, yadda......welcome to the world ppl, that's life in the big city. I hate that shop, I hate the ppl that work there and I hate their prices. I hate their attitudes and I hate the fact that they kiss cop azz so they can stay in business and out of prison. They give guns and gun owners a bad name and I seriously doubt this was a random event. Now the backlash from this hurts us even more and I wish that place would just go away. I would sooner have no gun stores than have gun stores in general represented by that hole.

So now we have gone from hating them for their "condescending and snobbish attitudes" to calling them criminals? You must truly be a sensitive tender soul to have this much of a grudge over their perceived lack of respect for you awesomeness.

Joe

Jetrefz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Indianapolis
    law enforcement

Law enforcement was on the scene the next night...i dont think anyone was actually there but my buddy sent me this picture from the night after...i dont think anybody will be breaking in here
    photobucket-4580-1323321490870.jpg
    :eek:.. That sucks... Was Law Enforcement already there?

Jetrefz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Indianapolis
    In the video it looked like they got a folding shotgun of some kind....russ said in the article that he thinks it was a former customer...i wonder if the jewelry store robbery and this are related...also these guys are probably going to kill each other over who gets the AR 15 or the 22....the silencer is a dangerous item to have in their hands but hopefully they all get caught

Jetrefz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Indianapolis
    wow

:ranton:Please explain this because these are serious allegations/claims that you are making.....I wont shot there if your argument is compelling enough to convince me not to shop there....
    Elmores can go suck it. It is terrible that anyone would do this...yadda, yadda, yadda......welcome to the world ppl, that's life in the big city. I hate that shop, I hate the ppl that work there and I hate their prices. I hate their attitudes and I hate the fact that they kiss cop azz so they can stay in business and out of prison. They give guns and gun owners a bad name and I seriously doubt this was a random event. Now the backlash from this hurts us even more and I wish that place would just go away. I would sooner have no gun stores than have gun stores in general represented by that hole.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    :ranton:Please explain this because these are serious allegations/claims that you are making.....I wont shot there if your argument is compelling enough to convince me not to shop there....

Oh, he's posted his argument before:

Throttlejockey said:
    Well, I'm not going to read 24 pages. I'm just going to give my opinion and let it go. Elmores is a joke. I have graced their door with my shadow on 5 different occasions and 5 times I left in disgust. If it was not from their bad attitudes, it was from their snobbish attitudes, if not for that, it was for their prices or the fact that they "know-it-all" and look down their noses at the customers. I will NEVER recommend them and will always question the judgment of those who purchase from them.

Apparently he wasn't treated with the respect he felt he deserved there. Where the "prison" stuff is coming from I dunno because he swears he doesn't go there and will never go back.

While it can be a little rough in the shop and it is decidedly un-PC, they have always been very good to me.

Joe

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Elmore's could be one of the best shops in town except for some of the folks they allow to work there. Some have been great, but others are downright rude. The prices are listed high, but I've always gotten them to come down to pretty much what you'd pay most anywhere else.

Why do I still shop there occasionally? Because sometimes that's what works out best for me. Sure, I could have bought the holster I got for my son online, but I still prefer to do business locally if possible and they had the exact one I needed in stock and for less than I would have paid after shipping. There are other shops that I do business with first if possible (Bradis and PSS come to mind) but sometimes it works better for me to just run two minutes from the house to get what I need.

williamsjr22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    I spoke to one one the cops that was working the case. He said that luckily Elmore's locks up almost all their guns in the evening so it wasn't believed that a lot was missing besides some of the guns mentioned earlier in the post

Top Bottom