• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    I saw the video on Fox news tonight, the incident took all of 40 sec. All the gun cases were empty except for the handgun, rifle and silencer.

I think it was smart to leave out the most easily identifable guns to make it easier to find any BGs. Word will probably get around on who has these items.

It would be much harder to find the common guns that were locked away.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Probably broke into by a few of the hundreds or perhaps thousands of disgruntled Elmore's customers...not saying theft is good but with those guy's attitudes they sorta deserved it. :toilet2:

What's your problem with Elmores? A little smokey, a couple of the guys may come across as "gruff"! Big deal! :dunno:
    I like the store and will continue to be a customer until I have a reason not to.

No business " deserves" a hit like that!

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    What's your problem with Elmores? A little smokey, a couple of the guys may come across as "gruff"! Big deal! :dunno:
    I like the store and will continue to be a customer until I have a reason not to.

No business " deserves" a hit like that!

I've gone there three times since the last 1500. The last two times I've seen people with genuine questions get treated like idiots and when those two people left they were still made fun of by those guys. That's not exactly how to run a store and thats not how to get people to come back. The only people they ever seem to be actually glad to see are LEO. If I just want to shoot the wind I'll go to KS&E and if I want a new Mosin I'll go to Bradis. I don't care if that's an hour round trip vs. five minutes away, the extra gas spent to another shop is worth it YMMV

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I've gone there three times since the last 1500. The last two times I've seen people with genuine questions get treated like idiots and when those two people left they were still made fun of by those guys. That's not exactly how to run a store and thats not how to get people to come back. The only people they ever seem to be actually glad to see are LEO. If I just want to shoot the wind I'll go to KS&E and if I want a new Mosin I'll go to Bradis. I don't care if that's an hour round trip vs. five minutes away, the extra gas spent to another shop is worth it YMMV

These and more reasons are why I don't shop there. But it is still sad to see this happen to Russ or anyone else...a sign of the times I suppose.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood

Not to mention their vocabularies...they all must've been sailors in a past life! Every sentence seems to have a certain few adjectives.

O.k., fair enough, as far as you not wanting to shop there ( although you keep going back).
    But does any of that justify you saying they deserved getting robbed?!

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    O.k., fair enough, as far as you not wanting to shop there ( although you keep going back).
    But does any of that justify you saying they deserved getting robbed?!

I went three times and it's going to stay that way. And no doesn't justify what I said, I still don't like the shop and I'll say what I want about it.

DBH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Carmel
    That is pretty sad to have happen. I was in there the day prior to this happening picking up a magazine. I have always gone there if I need extra magazines or accessories that seem to always have in stock. I have even purchased a gun or two from them.

Sad to see someone victimized like this.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Did a quick check on this thread to see if the video of this theft was posted and didn't see it. If it has, sorry for the dupe, but here it is:

:wow:

Didn't even break a headlight on the car running it through the door/wall like that.

Wonder why the stolen guns weren't put away or chained up like the rest of the inventory?

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Probably broke into by a few of the hundreds or perhaps thousands of disgruntled Elmore's customers...not saying theft is good but with those guy's attitudes they sorta deserved it. :toilet2:

Their business certainly seems to be booming for a shop in a little town like Greenwood that has such a large number of unsatisfied customers. They always treat me great and take very good care of me. Maybe they just dont like you? :dunno:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I was at Elmore's today and the place was packed. It definitely did not hurt the business much.

My experience at Elmore's has been hit and miss. Sometimes they treat me great and other times I feel like I showed up at a funeral in a clown suit. Jason and Brent (Brant?) are always good, but there is a new guy there that just does not like to help people. The guy with the grey beard has been very good too.

Still, nice to see a local business get back up and running as quickly as they did. They really need to put some concrete filled pipes in front of the place.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Elmores can go suck it. It is terrible that anyone would do this...yadda, yadda, yadda......welcome to the world ppl, that's life in the big city. I hate that shop, I hate the ppl that work there and I hate their prices. I hate their attitudes and I hate the fact that they kiss cop azz so they can stay in business and out of prison. They give guns and gun owners a bad name and I seriously doubt this was a random event. Now the backlash from this hurts us even more and I wish that place would just go away. I would sooner have no gun stores than have gun stores in general represented by that hole.

Top Bottom