Some ****** ****** just tried to steal my truck.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Frank, sorry to hear that this happened to you. I believe I know the apartments you are talking about. I hate taking patients over that way and am typically on my toes, due to it. Hope BGPD catches him and hopefully you can recoup some of the damages. It's doubtful, but you gotta stay positive.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Frank, sorry to hear that this happened to you. I believe I know the apartments you are talking about. I hate taking patients over that way and am typically on my toes, due to it. Hope BGPD catches him and hopefully you can recoup some of the damages. It's doubtful, but you gotta stay positive.

I was leery of the apartments before we bought the house but this is the first real crime on our property in 11 years. I will be getting estimates to fix my truck and my fence tomorrow and calling my insurance company when I get them. I don't know if the guy will be caught, I'm hoping he left identifiable prints in the truck.

danbb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Cedar Lake
    Sorry to hear this. Nothing worse than that violated feeling after a theft.

After reading all these posts, now I'm wondering if I should add a saddle to my HD 870 just for the simple task of quick access to non-lethal/beanbag loads?
    Nope, if you're pointing a gun, it should be to kill. Leave the non-lethal stuff for the riot police

newdumdum9825

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Seymour, IN
    I think I've drove by your place several times, judging from what i've read and if its the same apartments I'm thinkin of we drove in there once to possibly move into one... ended up turning right back around cause they seemed a bit sketchy. So glad we didn't move in there now.

Thieves are such lowlifes, and a thief that tries to steal from a cop is the worst.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Sorry to hear this. Nothing worse than that violated feeling after a theft.

After reading all these posts, now I'm wondering if I should add a saddle to my HD 870 just for the simple task of quick access to non-lethal/beanbag loads?
    As a guy who was bean bag certified (Supersock rounds), you can kill very easily with beanbags. It is the force equivalent of getting hit with a major league pitch. Stick with real bullets and use as appropriate.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    An update on this whole thing: So far the guy hasn't been identified. The BGPD detective assigned called me a week or so ago and talked to me about the case, but I haven't heard from her since. I can't say that I would be able to recognize the guy again because I only got a brief glimpse of his face, so unless he is identified by fingerprints from the tools he left behind there most likely won't be any charges pressed.

The estimate for the damage to the truck, which includes the transmission not working correctly since the incident, is $6875. $3575 for the transmission/labor, $1500 for the steering column parts/labor, and $1800 for the body damage. The Kelley Blue Book value for the truck (pre damage) is $5400, so I'm not sure what my insurance company is going to say as far as having it repaired. They are going to send out an appraiser next week to look at it.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    An update on this whole thing: So far the guy hasn't been identified. The BGPD detective assigned called me a week or so ago and talked to me about the case, but I haven't heard from her since. I can't say that I would be able to recognize the guy again because I only got a brief glimpse of his face, so unless he is identified by fingerprints from the tools he left behind there most likely won't be any charges pressed.

The estimate for the damage to the truck, which includes the transmission not working correctly since the incident, is $6875. $3575 for the transmission/labor, $1500 for the steering column parts/labor, and $1800 for the body damage. The Kelley Blue Book value for the truck (pre damage) is $5400, so I'm not sure what my insurance company is going to say as far as having it repaired. They are going to send out an appraiser next week to look at it.
    I hope you weren't too attached to that truck or that you know someone who will work on it for free.
    My guess is that they will offer you Blue Book or less and call it a day.
    It sounds like your only satisfaction, as far as the perp goes, is that in many cases, people like him who choose that lifestyle end up on the news being talked about by his surviving parents as having been a "Good boy who got mixed up with a bad crowd and was trying to go straight."

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Just found out from my insurance has decided my truck is a total loss. I can take the payout from them and try to find another vehicle or pay the salvage price and use the leftover money to have repairs done. If I keep it and have repairs done it is going to cost me more than the insurance company gives me. A decent replacement vehicle id going to require a loan. Decisions, decisions.

Top Bottom