Some Images borrowed from the Intertubes.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    Terre Haute, IN
    Some things to ponder:

There is a distinct difference between a right and a privilege. And somewhere along the road some of our supposedly guaranteed rights have been downgraded to privileges.

For example, citizens are supposed to have the right to peacefully assemble in public to protest, but first they must obtain written permission from the powers-that-be in order to do so, or they can be arrested for any charge ranging from loitering to inciting a disturbance. This permit can be denied at the discretion of the authorities. This right has been successfully downgraded to a privilege.

The First Amendment is being infringed upon as well. There are more things one can no longer overtly say today if they want to avoid prosecution, or civil lawsuits.

The Second Amendment is supposed to guarantee our right to bear arms without infringement, but this right has been downgraded to a privilege as well, or we wouldn't be required to comply with local, state, and federal regulations to possess whatever kind of firearms we wanted to. And then we have to obtain special permission to carry a firearm in public. If this isn't infringement, I don't know what is.

An organized militia is composed of ordinary citizens who cooperate as a fully functioning military unit. The militia is not the National Guard, military reserves, or is it in any way connected with any branch of the national armed forces.

To my knowledge, a true organized militia doesn't exist for two reasons: First, if it did exist, it would undoubtedly be in violation of State and Federal laws regarding mercenaries, and other terrorist threats to national security. And everyone connected with it would be subject to arrest and prosecution for sundry crimes against the established government. Second, American citizens are too self-centered, apathetic, and individualistic to ever form an effective regulated militia.

So, yes, when the stormtroopers move out to confiscate firearms, everyone who wants to continue breathing air in this twisted world will meekly surrender their arms so the Evil One and his mortal minions can get on with their nefarious plan to completely corrupt the world.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    So, yes, when the stormtroopers move out to confiscate firearms, everyone who wants to continue breathing air in this twisted world will meekly surrender their arms so the Evil One and his mortal minions can get on with their nefarious plan to completely corrupt the world.
    Then that is when I will be waiting to remind the "stormtroopers" where their loyalties should lie. To breath air to be free, however, to breath the air of evil, corruption and enslavement is not breating at all. To quote a good friend of mine (this always stuck with me):

Believe me, humans can be evil, and sometimes cruel. Animals do not know what either is, but can practice it with the utmost success. If social contract will not allow me to be a human, only an animal, then I shall treat society in kind.
    -Lisa Delacroix, god rest her soul

Top Bottom