Some guy put Andy's gun down his pants against his twigs & berries!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I always figured it would end up in the INGO museum, next to Scutter's ban hammer.

Well there is an "artifact" of sorts from that gun in the NWI INGO Clubhouse :rockwoot:

We have a dent in the ceiling from when Andy tried ~and failed~ to assemble his Ruger after he had disinfected it in Lysol, Lye, Sulfuric Acid, Hoppes #9, CLP, and Toilet Bowl Cleaner.

Yup, he launched the recoil spring plug into the ceiling and left a nice dent. Rumor has it that the dent may be framed with a gold plaque to commemorate the event and forever mark the spot where the Ruger was tainted with dingleberry juices and butt sweat.

If you are ever up in the NW corner of the state, stop into the NWI INGO Clubhouse and take a look ceiling. We give tours to INGO members, free of charge. There is an INGO Open Carry Night on January 17, check out the events sections for details, a map, etc. :yesway:

StumpyPete

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    NW Indiana
    So I'm in Blythe's today and found a used SR1911. I've been looking for one for a very long time and immediately snatched it up (well layaway). The gentlemen behind the counter told me he knew the original owner. I wanted to know why he would sell it since it appeared to be in excellent shape. He mentioned the owner made another purchase. I mentioned I'm on INGO and follow the Blythes threads hoping to catch a SR1911 in stock. He graciously introduced himself, shook my hand and informed me I own one of the most famous 1911's on the Internet. He said it was Andy's gun. Never did see this thread before. Now I know why he really sold it. :D

StumpyPete

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I'll have to get out to a meet and greet and bring it along so you all can reminisce. As soon as I pick it up it will spend 24 hrs in a tray of Hoppes.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'll have to get out to a meet and greet and bring it along so you all can reminisce. As soon as I pick it up it will spend 24 hrs in a tray of Hoppes.

I would suggest using drain cleaner to kill anything that might still be on it......:n00b:
    I would suggest that you show up at the next NWI INGO Open Carry night on January 17 at the Pit Stop Smoke Shop's 1101 Cigar Lounge in Schererville. If you bring THAT gun you will become just as famous/infamous as Andy :yesway:

LINK TO OPEN CARRY NIGHT in the INGO event's area => https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...itar_nwi_ingo_event_at_1101_cigar_lounge.html

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    I noticed that there was some sort of curly fuzz in the mag release. I think that it will clean out of there OK. This is what I would use.

Nix_zps1bd2e83a.jpg

StumpyPete

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I'll try to stop after work. I work in Portage but live near Plymouth so its a bit of a haul. I've read through 1/2 of this thread so far. I feel obligated to keep the legend alive.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Congrats... It's an awesome shooter, and has a built in pubic hair wind indicator... If you ever male it to the cigar lounge let me know, I have the box and zipper case I can give you. I may even have the 8 round mag for it, but haven't found it yet.

StumpyPete

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Congrats... It's an awesome shooter, and has a built in pubic hair wind indicator... If you ever male it to the cigar lounge let me know, I have the box and zipper case I can give you. I may even have the 8 round mag for it, but haven't found it yet.

Will do. I'd like to meet some of the NWI guys anyway. And if anyone wants to check the gun out, I'll bring condoms.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Will you show him the divot too?

Top Bottom