So, you have a pocket full of money and the 1500 is coming up?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    Couple hundred rounds of 7.62x39

Also looking for a Glock;), but don't have the SLIGHTEST clue what kind to get? :dunno:

There are so many models and gens that I don't even know where to start.
    I'd like a bigger style (got big hands), with at least a 4 1/5 inch barrel, around $300.

Any advice????????:n00b:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Couple hundred rounds of 7.62x39

Also looking for a Glock;), but don't have the SLIGHTEST clue what kind to get? :dunno:

There are so many models and gens that I don't even know where to start.
    I'd like a bigger style (got big hands), with at least a 4 1/5 inch barrel, around $300.

Any advice????????:n00b:

You are trying to jack this entire thread, aren't you? :laugh: Well, I would decide on a caliber and then decide if you want to CC/OC and IWB/OWB. Then search the classifieds on here or other sites to check prices. You can find a Gen 2 for a little over $300 if you are lucky, but I've seen Gen 4's for right at $375-$400, used. Also, search the older threads, there is some great advice in there.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    QUE, you need to let me know when you're planning on going. I want to follow you around and talk you into buying me something :D

I'll buy you a date with the gentleman with the hairy arms and wears polka dotted sun dresses in the spring. I'm sure he'll buy you something real purdy. :D

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    It has been so long since I saw a real deal at a gun show I think me and my money would stay home. I was thinking of hitting the Kokomo show but I couldn't think of anything I needed that I couldn't buy elsewhere cheaper.

Will be interested in hearing how folks make out there tho.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    It has been so long since I saw a real deal at a gun show I think me and my money would stay home. I was thinking of hitting the Kokomo show but I couldn't think of anything I needed that I couldn't buy elsewhere cheaper.

Will be interested in hearing how folks make out there tho.

I probably will stay home. The only real opportunities going tot he 1500 affords me is maybe getting a mag holder from Raven and talking to whoever is running the Busse table.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    You are trying to jack this entire thread, aren't you? :laugh: Well, I would decide on a caliber and then decide if you want to CC/OC and IWB/OWB. Then search the classifieds on here or other sites to check prices. You can find a Gen 2 for a little over $300 if you are lucky, but I've seen Gen 4's for right at $375-$400, used. Also, search the older threads, there is some great advice in there.

Sorry about th jack!:n00b: Just PM me if anyone has a suggestion haha

yenningcomity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Well I have money for a change and I live in indy, but I think I will pass on the 1500.

It is a fun way to kill an afternoon, but the last few times I have found most things to be overpriced from vendors. I can check out the good shops in town without having to fork out the dough and without getting mauled by the crowds.

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    So I'm in the market for my first handgun, any opinions on whether I'd be better off looking for one at the show or buying one from a local store in advance and going to the show for some accessories (holster, magazines, etc)? Never been to the 1500 before.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    So I'm in the market for my first handgun, any opinions on whether I'd be better off looking for one at the show or buying one from a local store in advance and going to the show for some accessories (holster, magazines, etc)? Never been to the 1500 before.

Do you have any idea what you want to get? If so, check the store prices and then go to the show and compare prices. Purchase whatever you find the best deal. If it's the local shop that has the best price, get back to the show and get a holster if its a Raven (made at the show and no 3rd month wait). Anything else, you can probably do some comparing, as I've not seen very many deals on holsters at the show and you can find some nice products online.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Make it happen!

Well, I made it happen. I just didn't wait for the 1500. :D
    I got her a Walther P22 yesterday morning (12/31/10) in a trade for a Taurus 85 that I didn't use much anymore. It doesn't have the shiny slide, but she's very happy with it anyway.

So now I am only going to the 1500 to feel up some different handguns for myself. I don't have anything full sized, and that's next on my list.

I'll be trying to grope these. I've handled them all at different times (and shot a couple), but I'd like to hold them all in one day and make a decision.
    SIG P226
    Walther P99
    CZ 75B
    H&K USP

I suppose I may take a shotgun and see what I can keep trading for. My favorite days are the ones where I trade 5, 6, 7 times. You never know what you'll have when you head home. :rockwoot:

bambek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Henry Co.
    I'd love to find a Storm Lake 9mm Conversion Barrel for my M&P 40.
    I never looked for them at previous shows. Has anyone seen any there in the past?

Also:
    Ruger LCR 38
    Taurus 94 Snub .22 revolver
    S&W 15-22
    Beretta Storm 9mm compact
    and

Federal Premium Personal Defense Handgun Ammunition

for my new JUDGE PUBLIC DEFENDER !!

nrar15

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%