• ...and so much more!
  • NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    Not the "I'm cheap so you can buy more"
    Who here actually gets down with the good beer?
    Microbrews, Home brewing, Dry Hopping. Let's hear your favorites.

Sam Adams Boston Lager, White Ale, Summer Ale.
    Goose Island, Hocher Pshorr (sp.)
    Three Floyds Gumballhead, and Behemoth.

the favs.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm absolutely a beer snob. I don't know how anyone can choke down most of the swill that's on the market. "Canoe beer".

I'm up for most microbrews, although I don't care for many of them. I generally like a nice heffiweizen. I've been drinking Widmer Heffiweizen lately.

Of the "commercial" beers, I'm partial to Smithwick's or maybe a Black and Tan. I started drinking Boddington and Old Peculiar recently as well. They're both kind of growing on me.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Smithwicks all the way for me. Starting drinking it while visiting Ireland.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    A couple of my favorites

Chimay Blue - Trappist Ale
    ChimayB.gif

New Glarus - Uff-Da
    111170014_cadc26780d.jpg

Kostriker - Schwarzbier (Honest it comes in bottles, I've never even seen a can in person)
    kostriker.jpg

Sprecher Mai Boch
    mb_pint_n_pint_warm.jpg

Last edited:

NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    I'm getting into home brewing soon, Scutter. When I come up with something decent, I'll have to ship some your way. That uff-da looks good right now. Getting ready to go to dinner with my other half, It's our anniversary. 2 years. Now, now, I know, 2 years isn't long, but I wanted to share. :rockwoot:

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    That boch looks fantastic! Where do you get it?

Uff-Da? I've only ever seen it in Wisconsin. New Glarus doesn't brew much beer at all. Miller spills more in a year than New Glarus brews.

Sprecher Mai Boch Is a seasonal beer. The Shop behind Logans on 82nd west of Alisonville has it, as does the Crown Liquors on 116th and Brookschool.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Uff-Da? I've only ever seen it in Wisconsin. New Glarus doesn't brew much beer at all. Miller spills more in a year than New Glarus brews.

Sprecher Mai Boch Is a seasonal beer. The Shop behind Logans on 82nd west of Alisonville has it, as does the Crown Liquors on 116th and Brookschool.

There's a place I've been going to across the street from Scotty's on 96th street that has a pretty decent selection, and they'll let you mix and match most beers.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm getting into home brewing soon, Scutter. When I come up with something decent, I'll have to ship some your way. Although, it sounds like you are a darker kind of beer person. "The bitter, the better!" lol

Generally speaking, I'm not a huge fan of bitter beer. There are a few I adore, however. Mostly what I like is beer that actually has a taste to it, not carbonated ****-water.

As for shipping me some home-brew, let me just get my address handy. :):

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yeah, I hate being a light weight... I, however, knew when to quit unlike someone else I know but won't mention... :puke:

It wasn't my fault. When whats-his-name won those seven imperial pints at that pub contest and just started handing them to me, what was I supposed to do, NOT drink them? In IRELAND?! That's just crazy talk. I can't talk to you if you're not going to make any sense. :cheers:

Besides, I can count on one hand the number of times I've gotten that drunk in my life.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It wasn't my fault. When whats-his-name won those seven imperial pints at that pub contest and just started handing them to me, what was I supposed to do, NOT drink them? In IRELAND?! That's just crazy talk. I can't talk to you if you're not going to make any sense. :cheers:

Besides, I can count on one hand the number of times I've gotten that drunk in my life.

hehehehe.. You left out the part about you being known as the guy who threw up behind the truck(or float from the parade we were in).. hehehehe What a good time that was.... Now off to have me a Smithwick's. :cheers:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    hehehehe.. You left out the part about you being known as the guy who threw up behind the truck(or float from the parade we were in).. hehehehe What a good time that was.... Now off to have me a Smithwick's. :cheers:

It was just dry heaves. I never actually threw anything up all day.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Yeah, I hate being a light weight... I, however, knew when to quit unlike someone else I know but won't mention... :puke:
    I'm with ya... So lightweight that half a glass of wine does me in :(

And don't hate me completely.. but I haven't found a beer yet that doesn't have a cardboard aftertaste. Y'all can keep your beer. I'll have a glass of water, thanks. :) Someone has to drive home. ;)

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'm the polar opposite of a light-weight...I can't really even get drunk off of just beer.

I love all beer except Belgian beer...Too wheaty for me. I feel like scrubbing my tongue after I drink it.

My favorite beer of all time? Bell's 7000, but maybe because they don't make it anymore...Same with their Doppelbock.

I couldn't sit here and name all of my favorite beers, because I'd be here forever, but I'll name a few.

1. Old Rasputin
    2. Arrogant Bastard
    3. Double Bastard(even yummier)
    4. Anything made by Bell's(especially Kalamazoo Stout)
    5. Anything made by Sammy Smith(preferably taddy)
    6. Delirium Tremens
    7. OK, anything not Belgian

I'm no snob...I'll drink $11-a-thirty-pack high-life to $20.00 a six pack 7000 ale.

If it's a beer night, then gimme something tasty, but if it is a beer and bourbon night, gimme Busch Light.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I lived in Denver for 10 years. I've read they've got more microbreweries there than anyplace outside Germany.

I'm not a huge beer fan, but whenever a friend would visit me, we'd try out a few.

They also have a massive beer festival in Denver. Since I wasn't a huge beer fan, I always got to be the designated driver.

Top Bottom