So what did you buy, and what are the good deals? (Oct. '09 Indy 1500)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jonkertb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Putnam County
    Yup a new in box NIB Glock 19 for $469.....my first Glock so I'm having fun reading up more about it etc and just looking it over again in the glow of my laptop LOL
    tom

and I did see the police trade ins....looked pretty rough

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i found the used police glocks for $325 plus tax plus $10 for CCs. but they didnt have any 23s and the 22s i looked at were in HORRIBLE condition. the trigger guards looked melted on some of them ....or maybe chewed by a pit bull. and then there is the rust...rust on every piece of metal. forget it, i'll pay an extra $75 and get one from BGF.

at least they wont give me dirty looks when i ask them to strip the slide off the frame...

jjohnisme

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Be careful with the Brasskings ammo: A word to the wise: They are responsible for more gun malfunctions from what I have seen at our range (RO at Eagle Creek) than Amerc and Ultramax (through Glocks) combined. The ammo ranges from VERY hot (too hot) to squib, the majority of it being not sized correctly or squibs.

Its a decent price because they have it. Its a bad price when it doesn't work. Just my two cents. They are good folks and will try to make things right if approached in a patient and careful manner. They will completely turn on a customer if they take the "angry" approach, however.

Like the new avatar, DH.

I've never had a problem with their ammo, but then again i'm not a glockaholic...

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I picked up a Grade B H&K P7 "PSP" with the original box and manual, it was $750. I also picked up a leather inside the waistband holster that also works outside the waistband for right or left handed shooters. It was priced at $20 dollars, but I got it for $12, because once I informed the seller that's all I had left, he said it was fine. I think I did pretty good though. I only went to the show, because I was looking for one of these. :D

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    shooter I played with the scar as well, did it feel cheap kinda like an airsoft to you? but anyway my take from the show

2 comtech stingers from cwood

holster for my sig pro with light from raven

some paper targets

a spyderco delica in zdp-189 steel

a swamp rat custom hairy carry

a skeleton busse game warden

a swamp rat swamp warden all from mike at the busse booth.

some gun cleaner

a 3" 180 lumen pocket light
    and a quick detach sling stud. all in all a good day.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'm curious. Did anyone get a look at the stripped AR15 lower receiver that Michiana had at the show? The one that is a sample for the group buy from Delaware Machinery?

I'd really like to get an opinion!

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I'm curious. Did anyone get a look at the stripped AR15 lower receiver that Michiana had at the show? The one that is a sample for the group buy from Delaware Machinery?

I did, looked really nice and clean. Good first impression. Not sure if they spent extra time on it or not, but the threads were very clean too. I've seen some lowers where the threads look a bit rough. I didn't look at it long though.

jd3772000

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Indy
    Be careful with the Brasskings ammo: A word to the wise: They are responsible for more gun malfunctions from what I have seen at our range (RO at Eagle Creek) than Amerc and Ultramax (through Glocks) combined. The ammo ranges from VERY hot (too hot) to squib, the majority of it being not sized correctly or squibs.

Its a decent price because they have it. Its a bad price when it doesn't work. Just my two cents. They are good folks and will try to make things right if approached in a patient and careful manner. They will completely turn on a customer if they take the "angry" approach, however.

If these are the guys i got some from last gun show...5 out of 10 rounds would not fire...ill post pics of the rounds that did not fire tommorrow. Some took 2 or 3 strikes to fire some never fired. I will never buy again. This was in the .40 ammo...all the 9mm i purchased worked fine though.

Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    One of the finest 1500's I have attended. Very good assortmant of everything. Prices are still outragous, people are still complete jerks, but I enjoyed the show.

picked up some new grips for the J-frame (2nd set on the second J-frame)

new holster for the J-frame

5rd mag for my bros .22 Anschutz

soft case for my bros .22

quick detach sling stud thingy

saw ammo pouch for the bob

Just a good day in the gun world!
    Hank

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I got:

UTG Tactical Messenger bag for my Get Home Bag
    Comtech Stinger
    Nice little universal holster
    5 P38 Can Openers
    2 Army surplus canteens with cups
    5 white glow sticks
    2 keychain compases
    2 German army Esbit stoves
    8 pack of WetFire

Looked at an M&P .40 over and over and decided it will probably be my next purchase.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    I picked up a folding Gerber shovel for backpacking ($20), and a cheap $7 holster for my S&W .38. I just wanted something to protect the wood grips on the revolver when I take it to the range. Of course, after I bought it, I found a nice looking IWB leather holster for it for $20. I'm going back tomorrow so I may pick it up.

I did see a used Remington 870 that was thinking about getting. If it's still there tomorrow I may get it. Also, there was a table selling GI slings for $10 new in package. I didn't know if this was a good deal, but if it is I'd love to get one for my 10/22, that way I'll be set up for my first Appleseed shoot next year.

I took the chance to handle a lot of ARs. I saw one table with a 5.56 DMPS AR-15, 16" I think, for $700. It looked like it had a modified rail on it (I'm not knowledgeable about ARs, so please forgive my terminology), and my buddy said that you could mount a forward grip on to it. Since I'd like to buy an AR at some point in the near future, it was nice to have a chance to look at different ones at the show.

varasha

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Indy East Side
    I'll be there tomorrow around 2pm. And i think i have convinced my folks to go..:P (now i just need to hit them up for cash) I really want to get a flat top stripped upper for my ar, and maybe a flip up rear sight, and maybe a nice red dot clone, and some pmags, and some XD mags, and....well......everything!!!!! zomg....must, sell, everything...to.....buy....more....ammo!!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

A rep from DM was there, walking his product around and talking to dealers. Brad @ Civilian Defense (ARdysfunction) bought a couple lowers (one with logo, one without) to sell. I looked them over and they seem to be pretty well done as far as the machining goes. The rep seemed a little put off when Cwood remarked that DM's special finish looked and felt the same as Spikes. :dunno: I will say that the DM logo didn't look as heinous in person as it did in the pics Michiana put up, but I still don't care for it, nor for the fitted plastic case the lower comes in.

My :twocents:

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    this is my 1st Indy 1500 gun show I can`t wait

It's hot and crammed with people...the best is getting stuck in a traffic jam...some folks don't, uh, shower well? :D Then there's walking into the lingering cloud of someone's fanny burp...

It's a great time dude. :D

I was on a mission to find myself one of the higher capacity .45s. I finally settled on a 24/7 OSS from Plainfield Shooting Supplies. In the end, I didn't want to spend all my money on the FNP .45 and I just can't get into the Glocks. Plainfield did have a used 1st gen 21 with a bunch of mags that was in excellent condition for $500 though.

I also put a beautiful 1903A3 on layaway. My father in law also turned to me and said "I think it's time to invest in a WWII Colt for your collection. He picked out a Colt made in 1943 and told me that this will be my Christmas present for next year!

Chowed down on a $7 tenderloin and fries (worth it to me...it was a pretty good sammich.) My father in law bought his usual pile of odds and ends and obscure ammo...stopped by and said hello to KokomoDave...bought a couple of the large 1500 round 7.62 ammo cans and a 30mm can...it was a great way to spend a Friday afternoon.

Kind of bummed that the INGO table wasn't set up today...I had a 10 spot set aside to become a Site Supporter. I'll get that taken care of at some point though.

Enjoy the show! Take the time to look around and take everything in before spending your cash! 3/4 of the fun at the 1500 is the shopping.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom